Login

russian armor

Brits MK. VII Heavy Dank

2 Oct 2015, 00:46 AM
Patrion 28

I guess I may have been just a little influenced by a Redwings v Cruzz game the other day where an SU76 penetrated every single shot at a Panthers front from medium range and killed it.

Those are still good stats though.

frankly those numbers are higher then i remembered and i would consider them reliable (>50% pen chance) but the zis at least needs to have those pen numbers and the su-76 is doing 120 damage so it's not as much a threat. the su-76 might need a small cost increase but i don't think any of the other stats should be touched.

i think a big part of the problem is how armour/pen interact in this game. currently the system heavily favours weapons as a weapon can, practically speaking, always pen, even if the chance is very small. a weapon with more pen than the armour it's shooting will always pen but as long as it has more than 3% (iirc) can still pen. personally, i'd prefer a system where weapons had a 50% chance to pen against an armour value equal to the pen value and then 100% chance and 0% chance at two equidistant numbers, say 100% chance at 50 armour, 50% against 100 armour, and 0% against 150 armour.
2 Oct 2015, 05:13 AM

IMO I *think* the purpose of the Churchhill is to support infantry. I have no idea why
2 Oct 2015, 05:17 AM

Churchy is gud bois
2 Oct 2015, 17:09 PM

Churchill is borderline overpowered and you asking for buffs?
2 Oct 2015, 17:38 PM

How 2v2 for allies going those days: allies gather 2 Churchills backed up by jacksons/su 76s. Horde of those tanks a-moves into german positions and destroys everything.

Oh, almost forgot - in high-lvl games you need a minesweeper nearby. Not like mines can stop you anyway, but they can be pretty annoying.

Sure, lets buff Churchill. 1600(or is it 1800?) hp is clearly not enough for 150 fuel tank.

This is a perception problem. Prior to Brits German tanks relied upon destroying Allied armor and surviving with a sliver of health. Post Brits, the Allies can now trade with German tanks making their units feel OP, but in actuality they are posing a different problem. The strat of surviving with just a little health is no longer suitable, now German tanks support other elements running in at the last minute to finish off allied tanks and then exploiting the gap with high speed. The scenario you have described is extremely late game, if you see such a scenario you should have access to all sorts of goodies. A single Pak43, or a Elephant/JT will completely shut this down. Pak 40's and Rakentens are still effective but they should be positioned further back so they can do more damage. The Paks may get decrewed, but AT gun vetrency is the icing on the cake not the cake. Regular snares still work on these tanks. Try smoking in front of Churchill as it approaches. You can attack ground well behind it and always hit the tank while it has to wait for you. Mines under smoke are far more lethal because you have a hell of a time figuring out where they are and setting them off with explosives is a very real possibility. If you have them use tank traps to further limit their movement, make them stop frequently to change direction. This will cause huge attrition to their health, and they cannot easily retreat.

Long story short, tools are there, but you have to use them well. Churchill is designed as a tank that takes a beating and limps back to fight another day. The crew grenade is currently bugged, so it clearly needs to be fixed, not defending it.

Churchill needs no buffs might need some slight nerfs, but I really like it as is.
2 Oct 2015, 18:31 PM

The Churchill Grenade should not do 120 damage in a perfect AoE of 4. It should not have one of the best acceleration values in the game (3.5) and it should not have 1600 health.
2 Oct 2015, 18:33 PM

The Churchill Grenade should not do 120 damage in a perfect AoE of 4. It should not have one of the best acceleration values in the game (3.5) and it should not have 1600 health.

It accelerates so quickly because it's top speed is incredibly slow.

The grenade is also fairly short range, requiring you to get pretty close to the vehicle. Much smaller than panzerschreck range.
2 Oct 2015, 18:47 PM

It accelerates so quickly because it's top speed is incredibly slow.

The grenade is also fairly short range, requiring you to get pretty close to the vehicle. Much smaller than panzerschreck range.

It's top speed is not incredibly slow. Acceleration in this game is literally just a base value of how much speed you will gain in 1 second. The Panther, which's entire gimmick is speed has less acceleration while costing a lot more in teching or fuel penalty for OKW.

And the grenade has a better infantry killing AoE than a satchel charge while having a grenade timer. Please do not defend things that are obviously broken.

2 Oct 2015, 19:27 PM

Text

Thing is you would never get this kind of ideal lineup against competent opponents.
2 Oct 2015, 21:16 PM

You fucking serious?

The churchill is a ridiculously good tank and actually broken in my opinion and yet you want to buff it?

Jesus.

Considering you can drive it at tank destroyers and kill them point blank due to its 1600 HP, I think it needs a nerf rather than a buff. 10 shots to kill it means it has no fear of getting focused down before it can just accelerate with NOS and drive away.

The real problem is when you start to see multiple churchills and vet. Because then its only a matter of putting allied TD's behind the churchills and the game is basically over.

You can't even kill it with AT guns as it can simultaneously kill your AT guns with its grenade without skipping a beat.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★