Login

russian armor

Redsigning soviet army this is gonna be brits!!!!

21 Jun 2013, 08:56 AM

Permanently Banned
Oorah at Sniper= No Sniper.
21 Jun 2013, 09:13 AM

Flip the factions:
Charge the sniper squad = sniper squad sprints away, laughs at you and headshots. :D
21 Jun 2013, 10:32 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Jun 2013, 07:54 AMhubewa

Kay, free copy to me plz. I got 20 cons kills withe sniper before.

The idea with the sniper is to keep it more in the background with grens screening the sniper. Eventually, your grens will win because the sniper's picking off the cons. This is very similar to the role that the sniper played in Rifles vs Volks. Volks would end up winning because the Wehr sniper is picking off the rifles.

At the end of the day, the Ostheer sniper's worst enemy is indirect fire, esp when countersniping is really difficult if you keep your sniper at the back.

Do it versus me and u will have your copy
21 Jun 2013, 15:52 PM

Historical inaccuracy aside he does have very valid gripes with the game's balance in current state.

Furthermore is there anyway we can integrate the player level with wins/losses of both factions into the forum profile? I feel that some people on here either aren't very good at the game...or strictly play the Soviets for cheap wins. I need to know how good someone is before I take their opinion seriously. Arashenstein is a good player and I've seen his replays. You other clowns, I'm not so sure.

You can talk about historical accuracy all you want. It really doesn't matter because I didn't spend 50 bucks on a history lesson.

21 Jun 2013, 20:21 PM

For sh!ts and giggles last night - I fired up COH2 (as I really haven't felt a want to play it since the weekend - that's bad considering its currently FREE and I don't want to play it) - anyway - I fire it up, and after always going for a fast T70 or T34 I figure - "why not go a clown car and sniper and see what all the fuss is about?"

The clown car and sniper got double vet in maybe 3 mins - was VERY easy to keep alive and basically that one unit enabled me to control the whole map - it could even TAKE points that I was simply harassing.

The guy could literally do NOTHING - he tried the earliest counter he could think of after he'd lost 2 squads and an MG42 - a scout car. Lucky for me I was thinking that and one conscript and an at nade - boom - no more scout car. Get up some Shock troops (who dont even need ammo for the upgrade) and that blob effectively was untouchable.

From there on - map control - German completely starved - I didn't even go T3 and straight to T4 - SU 85's and GG rage/quit.

It was TOO easy with that sniper - the car barely took a hit due to the snipers range - then you just give it a small support squad to counter the scout car and you're pretty much home. They go Grens to counter - sure - shreck them up too - as the Shock Troops will just shred them also.

All up - given the state of the German commanders not making any difference at all in which one you chose - Its definitely Soviet OP right now.

The Sniper ended up with over 40 kills.
21 Jun 2013, 21:00 PM

The 'realism' thing ain't helping.

Yeah, most of the German commanders need sassing up.

Incidentally, German sniper fires 1.5x as often... meaning he shouldn't be that much slower at killing squads. He can also come with supporting MGs and mortars on account of the tier system, while the Soviet sniper can't. He's probably still dying a bit too suddenly especially from indirect fire but I think people getting better at using the camo will mitigate that a bit.

The 6-man weapons are almost all worse than the German equivalent (MG in fire-arc and suppression, mortar in rate of fire and accuracy). Hence more survivable/less likely to get completely decrewed.

^

Not saying I think the sniper car is a good thing to have in the game but that's a *huge* early manpower and time investment if it's coming up first thing... if not, a German has plenty of time to get up a preemptive scout car. Risky in that it makes it hard to punish a quick tier 2 and will slow your capping down a lot not having the combat engis on the field. Losing whole squads to it seems indicative of pretty bad play.
21 Jun 2013, 21:13 PM

Thats the problem with it - you can easily kite a squad trying to panzerschreck you - the MG on car has good range and is really effective (unlike the scout car mg which is a complete joke) - and given the Germans only have 4 man squads, with that sniper you can cut that down to 2 really quickly inconjunction with the mg - so tehn you have a player who's dedicated to getting that clowncar, sniper fires again - now you have 1 inf.

They do the intelligent thing - retreat.

BUT the clown car chases them down too easily and the MG finished them off VERY simply.

Garrison an MG in a building - easy - sniper picks them off - drive to the other side of the building - mg sets up - pick another off - drive back - and he'll either retreat (which you'll then chase them down again) or they just lose the MG in the building with the 3rd shot.

The fact that a conscript with a SINGLE AT nade can destroy an upgunned scout car - just one nade - thats a heart breaker right there for the German player.
21 Jun 2013, 22:33 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Jun 2013, 21:00 PMBlovski

Kinda agree. IMO, there seems to only be a handful of abilities that are useful

1.Ostruppen
2. Sector artilery
3. from the looks of things, everything in the tiger/Opel Blitz tree

What I really want to see is prop war coming back. Prop war was really good :)

For discussion about the clown car, please go here http://www.coh2.org/topic/4246/how-to-fix-the-clown-car
21 Jun 2013, 23:18 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Jun 2013, 22:33 PMhubewa

Kinda agree. IMO, there seems to only be a handful of abilities that are useful

1.Ostruppen
2. Sector artilery
3. from the looks of things, everything in the tiger/Opel Blitz tree

What I really want to see is prop war coming back. Prop war was really good :)

For discussion about the clown car, please go here http://www.coh2.org/topic/4246/how-to-fix-the-clown-car

thanks its good to cooperate with each other and link the forums on each other forums i already posted on yours. right now each of us who is not a fan boy and understands the unbalance issue in this game is making his own topic and we are not allied yet we should make one topic with all our EDITED thoughts and post it and get relic to look at it
21 Jun 2013, 23:21 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Jun 2013, 21:00 PMBlovski

Incidentally, German sniper fires 1.5x as often... meaning he shouldn't be that much slower at killing squads. He can also come with supporting MGs and mortars on account of the tier system, while the Soviet sniper can't. He's probably still dying a bit too suddenly especially from indirect fire but I think people getting better at using the camo will mitigate that a bit.

The 6-man weapons are almost all worse than the German equivalent (MG in fire-arc and suppression, mortar in rate of fire and accuracy). Hence more survivable/less likely to get completely decrewed.

^

Not saying I think the sniper car is a good thing to have in the game but that's a *huge* early manpower and time investment if it's coming up first thing... if not, a German has plenty of time to get up a preemptive scout car. Risky in that it makes it hard to punish a quick tier 2 and will slow your capping down a lot not having the combat engis on the field. Losing whole squads to it seems indicative of pretty bad play.

and what if your oppenet is not going for clown car dont u think mg spam is another joke by soviets ? i made this strat vs Marcus and spanky did it vs barton he got outplayed at ease because there is just NO counter to MG spam from soviets. how can u take out 6 men garrisoned crew?
22 Jun 2013, 00:37 AM

^

A t-1 mortar? Flammenwerfer?

It's silly that it can charge in front of a set-up MG-42 because of the way suppression works but other than that I'm not too bothered by it.

@Pingping - yeah, if you're rushing a car with snipers in to get a faust off it won't work. Better to use truesight to get a surprise shot on it. The kill on retreat is a bit of an issue, maybe, but the German scout car's at least as good at kiting and can take out an M5-A1 very quickly. The main problem with that strat in 1v1 is that you're really sacrificing a lot in the first few minutes - combat engineer not capping, rifle command instead of conscript, the very long build times of the command and the sniper, 440 MP (IIRC total) for the sniper car, 20 fuel not spent on tier 3/4 when you're already going to have less fuel for the start of the game. In 2v2 that may be less of a problem but in 1v1 if you get it after your scripts there's a risk of vehicles and if you get it early it'll have to do a ridiculous amount of damage to make up for your early game. I guess you can sometimes do that but I'd be surprised if it could do that consistently.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS