Login

russian armor

Redsigning soviet army this is gonna be brits!!!!

20 Jun 2013, 08:45 AM

i don't know about you guys but i dont want a bren carrier in coh2 specially the one which can come that early and make your sniper + mg + everything useless sometimes this truck suvives 2 panzerfausts and it becomes even more annoying.

First of all i don't know why Relic is paying too much attention to USSR its like it's their favourite army as we remember when coh2 was announced all developers were dressing up in soviet uniforms. i am pretty sure i am telling this in a site which is full of relic fan boys and they seek attention from them so they just come and disagree with anything which is mentioned here but back in closed beta axis was OP and i was posting about soviets becoming much better but right now soviets are just ULTIMATE OP and i list some important reasons:

- 6 Men crew: who came with this idea seriously ? you talk about realism when we ask why this game breaking feature is in the game but on the other hand you show the realism in where T34 can disable a super heavy tank like Elephant or Tiger. This is totally making the axis sniper useless no one is gonna take 360Mp to take out 6 men of a crew because once they are down to 3 men they will retreat and come back with reinforcement. Also garrisoned crew like MG are impossible to die the building gives too much cover and the sniper true sight will put him in risk to face the window which MG is and starts sniping.
All you guys have seen how OP is 6 men mg and thanks to spanky who showed my MG spam strats in the recent 1v1 tournament it should be popular now this strat has no counter you can not take out MG even by mortar because soviet mortar is supporting it and its 6men again so it kills your crew faster.

- 2 Men sniper: ofcourse one man snipes other scouts but in sniper fight this is just BS it has happened to me alot of times that i counter the soviet sniper but the remaining man counters me back and even if it doesnt the oppenet retreat it and for a very low price he reforms his sniper again.
First of all germans have 4 men squads and sniper is the most deadly weapon vs a 4 men or 3 men squad/crew because we usually retreat when we are down to 1 or 2 man and germans dont even have an early cheap car to chase the sniper at ease even if you still manage to get in range and kill them they will retreat once they are down to 1 man.
let's not talk about the sniper clown car its been discussed many times and relic has paid %0 attention to it.

- Vet system: Giving every soviet troops a second arty/sprint/etc ability is just another stupid thing which has come with this game. the HOoora ability is free coutner snipe from conscripts or flank bonus , Hit the dirt the ultimate REALISTIC feature which is like trenches for brits in coh1 , Tanks captruing point at vet1 and so on...
it's true some of these abilities come with veterancy but dont forget you can get vet1 even by just taking fire and dying in this game.

- Conscripts: ok in the name of realism again relic has forgot one thing , first of all soviets didnt really know what does squad mean and they were giving one man ammo and another guy a rifle just like what we saw in the behind enemy gates. soviets were sending each man to the front line so they did not have enough rifles to support them all and that's how they did it. but in this game it seems realism only takes place if its about an advantage to soviet army otherwise its ignored.
Conscripts being T0 units and really cheap makes them to spam on the map and capture the full map control in no time is just lame.
By the way relic has maybe forgot Soviets were not allowed to retreat specially conscripts?

- Shocktroops: 6men knightcross they come too early and their upgrade cost is really cheap they can be spammy aswell.

- AT gun: if everyone is moaning about axis having OP armor in late game then why the heck you guys give the soviet AT gun arty ability instead of APCR ???? Realism right ?

- Soviets vs Ostheer doc: this has been mentioned before by Tommy so i do not need to remind it here.

- M3 (kangaroo+staghound mix): first of all this car is american what is it doing in soviets hands ? second why a troop carrier is T1 unit ? how about you guys remove this truck from this game and replace it with BA-64 which can be found here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BA-64

both axis and sovis need a scout car and i suggest schwimmwagon or kettenkrad for axis because both of those cars were designed for eastern front not opposing fronts.

- KV8 vs P4 Command: Have you guys tried KV8 vs buildings ? it takes them out in no time and u can even spam this tank as much as you want unlike P4 command which is infantry support tank and only comes 1 at a time. Realism ?

Some solutions:

- Make the soviets crews 3 Men NOT EVEN 4. Sniper 1 men not even 1.5
- Just Remove HIT THE DIRT i see no point in that
- Move Conscripts to T1 or if they are gonna be T0 they shouldnt be fully armed squad
other wise both teams need a T0 unit for Ostheer add volks

- Squad redesigning: In coh1 we had an squad leader who had Mp44 or M1 Carbin but sadly this is gone in coh2 how about you add SVT40 for Soveit leader and G41 for Axis leader

- ISU-152 & IS2 & Tiger & Elephant these tanks should not be spammable only one a time is enough even if you have to buff or nerf them do it but not being spam able.

- I was expecting coh2 battles to be like : quality vs number but sadly its nothing even close to that you saved the number and quality for soviets but the only thing axis has a bit of quality vs heavy spam.

- Mine laying should be exactly like in coh1 , axis mines are totally useless unless it is a teller mine. Give both armies the same mine types there is no point that soveit mine is easily layed and it has damage on both infantry and tank but axis has 2 different mines which is totally useless and costy.

- Soviet engineer should be able to build the MG bunker.

- Once again REMOVE m3 and Replace it with BA-64

That's all for now
20 Jun 2013, 09:17 AM

This was...interesting.

The United States lent 3000 M3A1 scout cars to the Soviet Union during WW2.
20 Jun 2013, 09:20 AM

Permanently Banned
I agree on almost all accounts.

Especially the ridiculous difficulty of demanning Sov Support and the M3.
20 Jun 2013, 09:22 AM

what do you have? A PHD in military history? the statements you make here about ww2 are mostly false.

don't get your military history from 'enemy at the gates' if you want to be taken seriously in the future.

ALSO:
the m3 scout car was a lend-lease vehicle, meaning the Americans gave it to them in large numbers to help them out.
20 Jun 2013, 09:39 AM

first of all soviets didnt really know what does squad mean and they were giving one man ammo and another guy a rifle just like what we saw in the behind enemy gates.

For me this sums up your post...but if you think this is true...then dont sovjet squads have effectively 3 men...?
20 Jun 2013, 09:47 AM
20 Jun 2013, 09:55 AM

I don't have a problem with the scoutcar :)

The scout car can stay IMO :D
20 Jun 2013, 09:56 AM

Permanently Banned
I seriously laugh at the "im right, cos historical accuracy" guys.
20 Jun 2013, 10:20 AM

what do you have? A PHD in military history? the statements you make here about ww2 are mostly false.

don't get your military history from 'enemy at the gates' if you want to be taken seriously in the future.

ALSO:
the m3 scout car was a lend-lease vehicle, meaning the Americans gave it to them in large numbers to help them out.

OH so in that case if everything is meant to be designed as it was in real then EA games should have given GLA horses instead of tanks and Cars in C&C generals , in BFME series Devil army should not be able to kill any good army heroes cause it was how it was in the movie and so on....

WAKE UP bro this game is RTS not FPS the XP and veterancy and unlocking progress is not an RTS FEATURE it's FPS!

Just so u know Americans sent M26 pershing aswell so we should see that from soviets in future patches ??

In a year or 2 COH2 DLC will be out and for sure they will add 2 new armies and i bet it is gonna be pacific assault so we will have americans , don't you want the american army to be unique? what's the point if their units are in the hands of soviets already ? relic made the same mistake in Opposing fronts that stuart light tank should have been in USA army not british army or that hotchkiss tank which i never find out why it got to panzer elite from france ....
20 Jun 2013, 10:21 AM

For me this sums up your post...but if you think this is true...then dont sovjet squads have effectively 3 men...?

i am just questioning the world "realistic" the only realistic things in coh2 take part against axis. that comment was more like a sarcasm about squads
20 Jun 2013, 10:26 AM

Phew....for a minute there I thought you wouldnt detect the sarcasm. Well done, lad. By the way, you seen any other World War 2 movies which are comparable to CoH2?
20 Jun 2013, 10:53 AM

Perhaps Vet 1 / 2 Osteer Snipers should have a high probability of killing multiple men in support squads? This would counter act the big squads.
20 Jun 2013, 10:59 AM

Phew....for a minute there I thought you wouldnt detect the sarcasm. Well done, lad. By the way, you seen any other World War 2 movies which are comparable to CoH2?

Yea the movie company of heroes which got 5 out of 10 from IMDB :P
20 Jun 2013, 11:00 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jun 2013, 10:53 AMHissy
Perhaps Vet 1 / 2 Osteer Snipers should have a high probability of killing multiple men in support squads? This would counter act the big squads.

Trust me man if u get it to vet 1 i will give u a free copy of coh 2

It is gonna be a hard journy to get vet 1 with conscripts HOOORAH spamming to ur sniper or that Bren carrier with snipers or flamers inside
20 Jun 2013, 20:02 PM

Well, uhhhhhhhhhhh... huh.

I just have no damn idea what you are trying to say. Are you saying the game is not historically accurate enough, or that it is choosing realism while forgoing gameplay? At one point you say the soviet army is far from OP and then you list things about how OP the soviets are.

Between the run-on sentences, direct contradictions and typos/slang, your posts are very hard to digest.
20 Jun 2013, 23:19 PM

Well, uhhhhhhhhhhh... huh.

I just have no damn idea what you are trying to say. Are you saying the game is not historically accurate enough, or that it is choosing realism while forgoing gameplay? At one point you say the soviet army is far from OP and then you list things about how OP the soviets are.

Between the run-on sentences, direct contradictions and typos/slang, your posts are very hard to digest.

THAT is what makes me special :P
yea i am saying soviet early game needs a change a BIG one this M3 and conscript spam everywhere needs a change they are currently OP too much cheap units and spam-able the crew are an issue to have 6 men i just uploaded a replay which can be found here and just see the crew vs crew fight:

http://www.coh2.org/replays/4217/120mm-mortar-or-howitzer-devs
20 Jun 2013, 23:54 PM

but right now soviets are far from being OP and i list some important reasons:

You might wanna edit this, it makes it really hard to understand :D

But I agree on most of the things you mentioned, maybe not balance but gameplay wise.
21 Jun 2013, 00:01 AM

WAKE UP bro this game is RTS not FPS the XP and veterancy and unlocking progress is not an RTS FEATURE it's FPS!

:unsure:

kids huh.
21 Jun 2013, 07:13 AM

:unsure:

kids huh.

what has it to do with being a kid ? this unlocking progress is what i faced in FPS games not RTS
21 Jun 2013, 07:54 AM

Trust me man if u get it to vet 1 i will give u a free copy of coh 2

It is gonna be a hard journy to get vet 1 with conscripts HOOORAH spamming to ur sniper or that Bren carrier with snipers or flamers inside

Kay, free copy to me plz. I got 20 cons kills withe sniper before.

The idea with the sniper is to keep it more in the background with grens screening the sniper. Eventually, your grens will win because the sniper's picking off the cons. This is very similar to the role that the sniper played in Rifles vs Volks. Volks would end up winning because the Wehr sniper is picking off the rifles.

At the end of the day, the Ostheer sniper's worst enemy is indirect fire, esp when countersniping is really difficult if you keep your sniper at the back.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 60

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight