Login

russian armor

Freezes from tactical map and stuff.

30 Sep 2015, 09:01 AM

After the latest hotfix, I've been getting freezes after opening my tactical map in some of my games. The freeze is permanent and it requires alt+ctrl+del to get out of it and it results in a bugsplat. Anybody been getting it as well?

Another thing, my mate says that after I drop from the game due to the freeze, the bot that replaced me would move around a bit and suddenly stop moving as if the bot died while playing the game.

EDIT: Apparently because of the new change to halftracks losing their ability to reinforce upon upgrading with their special weapons, the bots, after upgrading will still follow any squad missing a man or so as if they can reinforce. Just an extra
1 Oct 2015, 07:12 AM

Bump. Anybody?
1 Oct 2015, 11:42 AM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

I get tons of freezes, even while just obs'ing. First time opening the tac map is a guaranteed 2-3 second hard freeze, every single time. It's pretty infuriating. I converted my entire setup from 1440p down to 1080p to see if it would help any. It didn't. COH2 has some really serious memory management issues, and I wouldn't be surprised if it had a memory leak. :(
1 Oct 2015, 11:53 AM

I get tons of freezes, even while just obs'ing. First time opening the tac map is a guaranteed 2-3 second hard freeze, every single time. It's pretty infuriating. I converted my entire setup from 1440p down to 1080p to see if it would help any. It didn't. COH2 has some really serious memory management issues, and I wouldn't be surprised if it had a memory leak. :(

Can confirm 2 things, one is the 2-3 second freeze when opening the strategic map for the first time in a game and the other is the suspicion regarding memory leak. Whenever I played some bigger games in a row, say 3v3s or 4v4s, my RAM (8 GB) is basically full with whatever and my whole PC is essentially unusable for at least another minute after shutting down the game.
1 Oct 2015, 12:00 PM

That's not good to know. I've only got 8GB DDR2 which seems rather inadequate for this game. Hopefully Relic can fix it soon. :)

At least that confirms my suspicions.
1 Oct 2015, 12:13 PM

I get 2 or 3 second hard freezes for no apparent reason during gameplay. It does seem like there has been a memory leak after the recent hotfix.
1 Oct 2015, 14:47 PM

I get 2 or 3 second hard freezes for no apparent reason during gameplay. It does seem like there has been a memory leak after the recent hotfix.

Happens every game now for me. Hard freeze for 2-3 seconds, really annoying.
1 Oct 2015, 14:56 PM
Admin Red  Badge

From time to time I get freezes that last some seconds when I play automatch. After the freeze has ended the game speeds up the time the game was frozen and I lose engagements/squads/vehicles without being able to react properly.

I have some Observer freeze issues either like Ami and freezes when I watch replays. :huhsign:

1 Oct 2015, 15:23 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

From time to time I get freezes that last some seconds when I play automatch. After the freeze has ended the game speeds up the time the game was frozen and I lose engagements/squads/vehicles without being able to react properly.

This is when you pray to RNGesus for your opponent not to go on the offensive or throw a nade :(
1 Oct 2015, 15:30 PM
Admin Red  Badge

This is when you pray to RNGesus for your opponent not to go on the offensive or throw a nade :(

I really wonder whether the game flow is fluent for my opponent in case of freeze attack for me. :hansWUT:
1 Oct 2015, 21:28 PM

I too get occasional 4-5 second freezes at least a couple of times every game. Although I don;t actually use Tactical Map because of the stupid stutter and performance drop since release.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 19
Germany 7
unknown 2
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %