Login

russian armor

I hate UKF and I need help.

• This thread is locked
25 Sep 2015, 21:51 PM

Permanently Banned
Since the vicker bug I was just dropping as soon as I saw the brits, I hated them even more than I hated them without the bug and that was something that astonished me. As of now I again play against them and still find them a pure monstrosity. I mainly play OKW if I play axis nowadays and I don't own the brits themselves.

As OKW I feel very handicapped early game vs the Brits. My infantry can't fight the Brit infantry early game, since they are godlike in green cover, which they can produce themselves. My sturmpios are useless at range and will lose when trying to close in to achieve their effective range, always dropping a model and thus losing a fight before they can even reach their effective range. Volks are just god awful against tommie sections early game and LeIg seems the be the only thing that can shine early game.

Mg 34 comes at one cp and not straight of the bat, and kubel dies very quickly to tommie sections, so I have no ways of stopping the tommie squads as they can just roam the field to their liking until I can get a mg34, which isn't that successful to begin with.

Every brit I play goes for the same old build that seems to have limited counters, by limited I mean one : LeIg. Raketten werfers get nuked by Centaur and by the time UKF player has centaur, he also has a 6 pounder at gun. Even if I manage to get out a p4, this usually gets there by the time the first Centaur drives over my mines without sustaining damage and goes straight for my base and my retreating units. More often than not, the Centaur will get away with it since the P4 can't reliably penetrate the Centaur frontally and usually gets blocked by the centaur due to p4's horrible pathing. Sometimes I manage to kill it, but more often than not it escapes with slithers of health left while my P4 simply can't penetrate it.

After this the brit infantry is around vet 2 to vet 3, destroying my infantry and my mg34s since they are either shit (volks) or don't vet quick enough (sturms) or just don't do any damage (mg34). After this the tanks hit the field and it already is GG because of vps or I lose because of tanks/centaur/6 pounder combination with a nice air obliteration ability.

Now I ask of you, is there any other way to win vs a competent brit player than to spam LeIgs? Because quite frankly, I hate to win that way...

25 Sep 2015, 22:07 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Donator 11

Kubel should do well and not just die honestly. That sounds like a micro problem. Brits don't have a great answer to it so if you micro it well it should be a real pita for them. Try a Volk, Kubel, Volk, Volk, Healing Truck, LeiG or Forward Retreat, Raketen, JP4, Ostwind. Sprinkle in Jaeger Light Inf as needed. Then from there adapt, go Stuka if he camps or AT walls, or save for KT if you like.

IMO its not the Centaur but the Croc or the offmap arty 1 shotting the base. Really Brits are full of BS things so just get used to it for now.
25 Sep 2015, 22:09 PM

Give us a replay please mate. There's not much we can do with an anecdote.

Only thing I would suggest from the outset is be smart with your veto's and choose wide maps that let you out cap them: La Gleize, Langres, Arnhem. Defend your cutoff with vigor, but focus on the flanks. The UKF aren't very mobile, and if you can force slow engagements where they aren't taking ground, ie, time wasting and hemorrhaging, or divide their forces by focusing on the flanks, or a combination of both. You'll be successful.

As well, focus on the Infantry Sections, even dropping a squad member is going to be a net victory in the manpower war.
25 Sep 2015, 22:11 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post25 Sep 2015, 22:07 PMBudwise
Kubel should do well and not just die honestly. That sounds like a micro problem. Brits don't have a great answer to it so if you micro it well it should be a real pita for them. Try a Volk, Kubel, Volk, Volk, Healing Truck, LeiG or Forward Retreat, Raketen, JP4, Ostwind. Sprinkle in Jaeger Light Inf as needed. Then from there adapt, go Stuka if he camps or AT walls, or save for KT if you like.

IMO its not the Centaur but the Croc or the offmap arty 1 shotting the base. Really Brits are full of BS things so just get used to it for now.

So without LeiG I am pretty much hopeless huh? 1 Raketten? 3 rakettens can't even defeat a centaur, how is 1 supposed to fight it? I just don't know how to counter that stupid Centaur.

Hmm my kubel micro could be better yeah.
25 Sep 2015, 22:12 PM

Permanently Banned
Give us a replay please mate. There's not much we can do with an anecdote.

Only thing I would suggest from the outset is be smart with your veto's and choose wide maps that let you out cap them: La Gleize, Langres. Defend your cutoff with vigor, but focus on the flanks. The UKF aren't very mobile, and if you can force slow engagements where they aren't taking ground, ie, time wasting and hemorrhaging, or divide their forces by focusing on the flanks, or a combination of both. You'll be successful.

I have replays turned off due to performance issues.
25 Sep 2015, 22:12 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Donator 11

JP4 will be out before Centaur by at least a minute or more and it bitch slaps the Centaur.

And yes you will want at least 1 LeiG vs a faction that relies on fighting statically from cover.
25 Sep 2015, 22:13 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post25 Sep 2015, 22:12 PMBudwise
JP4 will be out before Centaur by at least a minute or more and it bitch slaps the Centaur.

Will give it a try then!
25 Sep 2015, 22:18 PM

What about the UC rushing the kübel??
25 Sep 2015, 22:21 PM
Donator 11

Will give it a try then!

Also don't put your Raketens in buildings when you are expecting a centaur, just cloak 'em 3 will easily kill the centaur. Also don't forget to turn on "target vehicles"
25 Sep 2015, 22:22 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Donator 11

If he rushes UC then get a Rakaten earlier and cloak it. It 1 shots the UC and he'll have wasted MP, fuel, and muni for it.
25 Sep 2015, 22:44 PM

Stop your kubel, kubel gets increased ROF when stationary. Kubel + volks > Universal carrier.
25 Sep 2015, 22:45 PM

Amazing. Basically everyone with at least half a brain cell knows about the problems Brits have in early and mid game. There are countless threads about it. Even high ranked players agree that UKF lacks certain tools that everyone else has. And then there are always people who get rekt by UKF in the early game. Speaks volumes about your understanding and level of mastery of the game, honestly.
25 Sep 2015, 22:55 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post25 Sep 2015, 22:45 PMQbix
Amazing. Basically everyone with at least half a brain cell knows about the problems Brits have in early and mid game. There are countless threads about it. Even high ranked players agree that UKF lacks certain tools that everyone else has. And then there are always people who get rekt by UKF in the early game. Speaks volumes about your understanding and level of mastery of the game, honestly.

Lol, you do understand that those claims were made against Ostheer vs UKF line up? OKW is way inferior to UKF in the early game apart from being able to outspam them, which eventually will not help you since vet 3 tommie sections with brens kill anything you have.

I am not going to waste more words on you than the ones I just wrote ;)
25 Sep 2015, 22:58 PM

Permanently Banned
No more need for any advice or comments. Have decided to uninstall coh2 since it hasn't given me any joy for more than half a year now.

Can mods please close this thread?

Thank you for your help.
25 Sep 2015, 23:01 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Donator 11

Locked at request
25 Sep 2015, 23:01 PM

a rage uninstall of the finest sort
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias