Login

russian armor

AngryJoe plays Company of Heroes 2: British Forces!

25 Sep 2015, 09:48 AM

What I liked most about AngryJoe's review was how he and a lot of the people in his twitch channel experienced the game as an outsider. Pretty much everyone on this forum has played enough CoH and/or CoH2 to be incredibly familiar with all of the strengths and pitfalls of the game so it was cool to see an outsider's perspective. Some takeaways I noticed:

CoH2 is super confusing if you don't play the tutorial. Things such as retreating and reinforcing squads are not readily apparent if you just jump into automatch.

The graphics and sound are phenomenal. AngryJoe and a lot of the people in his channel were seriously impressed by the presentation of the game. Also nobody was deafened by the sound bug.

DLC commanders are a major turnoff. It there is one big takeaway from his review it is that AngryJoe had a blast playing CoH2 until he discovered DLC commanders. He was fine with ascetic DLC but paying for commanders definitely crossed a line in his mind and directly impacted his positive impression of the game.
25 Sep 2015, 14:36 PM

actually, if the fixed warspoils and made commanders free for people who bought the game, i would be very happy if relic made the basegame F2P

No, you don't understand. F2P is a concept, like Katiof wrote. It's not the same as "let them have it for free".

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Sep 2015, 09:48 AMCabreza
CoH2 is super confusing if you don't play the tutorial. Things such as retreating and reinforcing squads are not readily apparent if you just jump into automatch.

It's a deeper game that what it looks like on the surface. Not much to learn for developers from that I think, the tutorials are there for a reason. I bet most people don't think they need them though, much like not reading the manual when buying a new tech-product.

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Sep 2015, 09:48 AMCabreza

Also nobody was deafened by the sound bug.

Damn, imaging if that would've happened! :faint:
25 Sep 2015, 14:53 PM
Donator 11

No, you don't understand. F2P is a concept, like Katiof wrote. It's not the same as "let them have it for free".

yes i understand it. i actually have played and play F2P games (LoL being a a good example).
and as a whole and with a fixed warspoils system (trading in duplicates for currency), and i repeat myself here, coh2 would make a good F2P system and it would raise the playerbase (hopefully).
25 Sep 2015, 16:20 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Sep 2015, 07:25 AMKatitof

You don't really realize how it really is.

F2P literally does not mean free2play. Well, if you were some super casual about coh, sure, otherwise stuff like bulletins/commanders loosing HP or all commanders except for basic ones being only temporary, which you'd constantly have to rebuy/refill/repair, all basic features we have now(1 free tow, sov campaign) would be locked behind DLC.

Free2play model doesn't exist to make games for free, it exists because it makes money and a damn good money.

I don't believe few more players are worth introducing micropays that would force every single serious player into basically a subscription for playing the game.

If they aren't making money on the base game anymore they may as well make it free to attract new people to buy their other expansions to make money. Red Orchestra 2 did the same thing. I don't know why you assume that automatically means adding all the micropay bullshit to the game.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★