Login

russian armor

OKW Incendiary grenade needs to be looked at

PAGES (7)down
25 Sep 2015, 09:58 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Sep 2015, 09:56 AMmedhood

True but Im just saying rushing out a vehicle will most likely push him back as he wont have shreks at that moment if he was spamming incendiary nades and I dont play much 1v1s I just started playing it recently but so far doing that has been effective for me :)

That's indeed correct, although if I play 1v1's I always will get atleast 1 raketten in the first 8-9 minutes, since that's currently the most likely time where the light tanks will roll out.
25 Sep 2015, 12:19 PM

Generally speaking fire damage to buildings is over the top, i saw a molotov almost burn down a bunker also one incendiary grenade kill a mortar emplacement, that is too much power for ~30 ammunition ability. I don't have problem with ambient buildings, but faction buildings should be able to withstand 3-4 grenades / molotovs.
25 Sep 2015, 12:32 PM

The damage to buildings is high, so if the cost is to come down the burn time must also be reduced. Volks are lethal to emplacements and for only 30 munitions.

The volks Grenade is no longer a throw in every major engagement, it is now a nade with a very clear purpose that is used rarely. I would only reduce the price to 25 munitions at most.

Had excellent success wiping weapon teams last night with this nade for 30 munitions, just a fantastic devise when used well.
25 Sep 2015, 13:41 PM
Donator 11

The damage to buildings is high, so if the cost is to come down the burn time must also be reduced. Volks are lethal to emplacements and for only 30 munitions.

The volks Grenade is no longer a throw in every major engagement, it is now a nade with a very clear purpose that is used rarely. I would only reduce the price to 25 munitions at most.

Had excellent success wiping weapon teams last night with this nade for 30 munitions, just a fantastic devise when used well.

Yea, I was having trouble against OKW blobs last night. The incendiary grenade is usually a guaranteed wipe against Maxims because they get stuck in that recrewing loop. Whereas the USF and Axis MGs teleport to the next available person.
27 Sep 2015, 08:18 AM

ONE flame 'nade burns a fighting position to the ground. You can't even get near it to repair as the fire burns the REs. No point building those any more.

GJ Relic, way to KEEP buffing OKW.
27 Sep 2015, 08:19 AM

Does the unite say GRENADE when they throw it, since I've not noticed my troops calling for grenades Kappa
27 Sep 2015, 12:38 PM

Yea, I was having trouble against OKW blobs last night. The incendiary grenade is usually a guaranteed wipe against Maxims because they get stuck in that recrewing loop. Whereas the USF and Axis MGs teleport to the next available person.

It is intentional, and it's stupid.
27 Sep 2015, 15:33 PM

The damage to buildings is high, so if the cost is to come down the burn time must also be reduced.

It's exactly the same as the molotov, which is 15 munitions cheaper.
27 Sep 2015, 15:38 PM

Does the unite say GRENADE when they throw it, since I've not noticed my troops calling for grenades Kappa

Not that I've heard, either, come to think of it. Just "unit lost..."
27 Sep 2015, 16:24 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Sep 2015, 15:38 PMGhostTX

Not that I've heard, either, come to think of it. Just "unit lost..."

Most surtently the thing where I lost the most units to, since it doesn't shout grenade Kappa
28 Sep 2015, 05:22 AM

Why not put incendiary nades in some kind of CQB package??? Arm Volks squads with Mp40s and incendiary nades for like I dunno 50-100 munitions or something? It gives them a close quarters advantage so your sturms dont have to be sacrificed. Not to mention having sturms focusing on capping, repairing and setting up defenses is what they are meant to do.
Giving the Volks grenadiers the cqb package makes them a good distraction at best since your enemy's infantry will be to busy moving about to get a good shot off. Not to mention volks are pretty squishy to begin with so I think it could even out a little bit.
28 Sep 2015, 05:38 AM

50 or 100 is for OKW way too much
28 Sep 2015, 05:38 AM

Incendiary grenades are far too powerful in its current state.

No fuse time very hard to dodge compared to other grenades when you are not paying attention

No cooldown between the Incendiary grenades and Infiltration grenades. Can easily throw a follow up. If a OKW player throws Infiltration grenades and you get out of a building, as soon as you get out and get back in he follows up with a incendiary grenade...

Incendiary grenades can easily inhibit your opponent from getting inside buildings, building slowly burns over time basically rendering the building complete useless. You cannot occupy building without losing health. The burn time duration is way too long.
28 Sep 2015, 05:43 AM

maybe you should watch the engagements your units are in; so they don't get burnt alive by the incendiary grenade, all grenades have a key animation when they are thrown e.g USF rifleman thrown nade like a grid iron ball or they make a distinctive sound e.g g-nade from grenadiers. Its important to keep an eye on engagements to look or hear for cues that prompt you to doge inbound nades.

P.S get better macro skills.
28 Sep 2015, 05:53 AM

50 or 100 is for OKW way too much

Just think about how much damage incendiary nades already do to infantry and cover. They would be used a little bit less when combined with the cost of throwing them. If it's still too much then the MP40s they get will have them be more close quarters viable since they have to close in on the enemy and are now unable to throw incendiaries more often than usual.
This way the volks get their old grenades and volks with cqb become viable against cover/defenses and your sturm pioneers don't have to take unnecessary risks later on. Or your can just place them in front of the volks grens as usual and have them be wiped by snipers, mortars, mgs, bren carriers, conscript blobs molotovs rinse and repeat...
28 Sep 2015, 05:56 AM

Just think about how much damage incendiary nades already do to infantry and cover. They would be used a little bit less when combined with the cost of throwing them. If it's still too much then the MP40s they get will have them be more close quarters viable since they have to close in on the enemy and are now unable to throw incendiaries more often than usual.
This way the volks get their old grenades and volks with cqb become viable against cover/defenses and your sturm pioneers don't have to take unnecessary risks later on. Or your can just place them in front of the volks grens as usual and have them be wiped by snipers, mortars, mgs, bren carriers, conscript blobs molotovs rinse and repeat... Sturm pioneers as you know can be very expensive.

I pressed the wrong button.....damn....
28 Sep 2015, 06:12 AM

Although I like the idea for a choice in a schreck or mp40s the cost will be too high.
28 Sep 2015, 07:27 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Sep 2015, 05:43 AMKpen97
maybe you should watch the engagements your units are in; so they don't get burnt alive by the incendiary grenade, all grenades have a key animation when they are thrown e.g USF rifleman thrown nade like a grid iron ball or they make a distinctive sound e.g g-nade from grenadiers. Its important to keep an eye on engagements to look or hear for cues that prompt you to doge inbound nades.

P.S get better macro skills.

the incendiary grenade is tied for having shortest throwing animation in the game. You have ~.25 seconds before the grenade leave the volks' hand. At close range it's basically undodgeable since there's no fuse.
28 Sep 2015, 07:33 AM

I really don't have any problem with it. I think it's just fine as it is actually..
Molotovs also don't have a fusetimer so?
28 Sep 2015, 07:35 AM

the incendiary grenade is tied for having shortest throwing animation in the game. You have ~.25 seconds before the grenade leave the volks' hand. At close range it's basically undodgeable since there's no fuse.

I don't have any problem with the short throw animation, but I do have a problem with the missing grenade shout! That's why I lose so many squads unfortunatly.
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS