Login

russian armor

Air Supremacy is just completely OP

PAGES (13)down
23 Sep 2015, 18:11 PM
Patrion 15

I don't see any AXIS player complaining about Close the Pocket in here.
23 Sep 2015, 18:22 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Sep 2015, 18:11 PMwillyto

Being able to recreate Dresden with a 1 click is a lot different than having to cut off the enemy from their base entirely then hold that cut off and then activate the ability. Enabling close the pocket isn't easy.
23 Sep 2015, 18:28 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Sep 2015, 18:11 PMwillyto

/offtopic
The whole commander is a joke. Extremely map dependent, need a lot of coordination, and if you can pull it off, it's a literal iWin button since it wipes everyone and everything, everywhere. But since no one can pull that off (except a couple of videos you see people doing it here and there) no one is complaining.

Total overhaul is needed. IMO buff Sturms, give the mines and Demos and change Close the Pocket to a conventional off-map arty
/offtopic
23 Sep 2015, 20:23 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Sep 2015, 23:09 PMTobis
I can't believe people are actually defending the ability to obliterate OKW trucks with this. Now I hate OKW as much as the next guy, but you can't think it is fair to just delete a core teching structure from the game just because you saved up an expensive amount of munitions. I am completely fine with the damage and area this ability can lay waste to as long as it is not a almost guaranteed kill on their tech structures.

This is not some risk/reward argument, there is no counterplay to this. Starting every match against a British player who has commandos equipped (so all of the Brit matches) resigning that you will probably lose your tech buildings unless you put them in the base is not compelling strategic depth. It is not fair to shut down an entire core concept that a faction is designed for just because you saved up a bunch of munitions.

Some of you are making the argument that because Brit emplacements can be killed easier, then this is justified. The difference is that they are not essential tech buildings where you build your units from. It's ridiculous to lock somebody out of building their top tier units from a single off map. These trucks are designed to be difficult to destroy because OKW is so severely crippled if they are. The ease with which this ability allows you to do it is inherently bad for gameplay and requires the damage to the trucks to be toned down.

I'm not taking a stance one way or another on this issue, but before you say there isn't any counter play, would you at least try to make some aggressively placed 2cm Flakvierlings and Ostwinds or FlaK-Halftracks? I am maybe feeling that if there is enough of them, the combined firepower might be enough to knock most of the planes out of the sky before the payload is dropped. Between 2+ OKW players it's not so expensive or impossible.

Just give it a try. If it doesn't work at all, then your assertion that there is no counterplay is correct, if it does work, then there's something to be said there.

23 Sep 2015, 20:46 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Sep 2015, 20:23 PMSierra

I'm not taking a stance one way or another on this issue, but before you say there isn't any counter play, would you at least try to make some aggressively placed 2cm Flakvierlings and Ostwinds or FlaK-Halftracks? I am maybe feeling that if there is enough of them, the combined firepower might be enough to knock most of the planes out of the sky before the payload is dropped. Between 2+ OKW players it's not so expensive or impossible.

Just give it a try. If it doesn't work at all, then your assertion that there is no counterplay is correct, if it does work, then there's something to be said there.

I feel like it would be similar to CAS planes. You can shoot them down, but generally not until after they have already done their work.

Also INB4 someone says building AA for OKW isn't feasible.
23 Sep 2015, 21:13 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Sep 2015, 20:23 PMSierra

Although it's a counter, it would give you too less punch against the heavy tanks that roll in
23 Sep 2015, 21:39 PM

None of the planes in Air Supremacy can be shot down :foreveralone:
23 Sep 2015, 22:05 PM

Admittedly I think that the damage of the ability is fine - but the planes need to be able to be shot down. Also, when shot down, they should not crash into the map, as that could be even a bigger problem.
23 Sep 2015, 23:38 PM

Although it's a counter, it would give you too less punch against the heavy tanks that roll in

I don't see how. There is at least one OKW Doctrine that provides access to the PaK-43 and the ability to construct Flakvierlings.

KT is Non-Doctrinal, you still have the OKW Panzer IV and the Panzer V. I'm well known as a German player around here so I know this intimately.

The biggest problem would be the resource strangulation.
24 Sep 2015, 03:31 AM

Well when I played the brits in team games,I always use the commando commander for this OP bombs...You guys are focusing on destroying the trucks only? It can just remove anything in the large area. I have managed to kill a KT with damaged engine. All the slow moving Axis heavies will be killed if players failed to move them out...
24 Sep 2015, 05:46 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Sep 2015, 03:31 AMatouba
Well when I played the brits in team games,I always use the commando commander for this OP bombs...You guys are focusing on destroying the trucks only? It can just remove anything in the large area. I have managed to kill a KT with damaged engine. All the slow moving Axis heavies will be killed if players failed to move them out...

I personally don't have a problem that it does heavy dmg to a KT. The IL bomb strike also do great dmg to a KT
24 Sep 2015, 07:22 AM

So Relic quite did literally just copy paste the ability from Urban Assault Doctrine.

underrated post :-)

edit: didnt take the over the quote in original post..
PAGES (13)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS