Login

russian armor

Is this supposed to be?

21 Sep 2015, 12:59 PM

Hi guys, Icestrike here,

I just had a game as the OKW (my first one after the patch) and I faced of against brits.
Somewhere in the mid-game I chose Special Operations as a response to the emplacement-heavy play of my opponent. Obviously I went for the Sturmtiger to deal with the mentioned emplacements. I had to witness one of my Shots taking away only 3/4 of a 17 pounder (not decrewing it). My Sturmtiger shell also failed to destroy a mortar position (decrewed it, but it barely survived). It's important to say, that none of these emplacements were barricaded when my shell hit.

I guess that's supposed to be that way? I am not sure. So the Sturmtiger is not a good counter for those? What do the strategists say?

And whats the best way to deal with mortar emplacements at spots difficult for me to reach with vehicles? Offmap maybe? :help:

(The artillery barrage you get with the Panzercommander on top seemed to be quiet effective, though).
21 Sep 2015, 13:03 PM

The hard counter for that is the LeIG / ISG. Just build 1-2 or to and use attack ground on the emplacement. It will get eventually destroyed and the brit player will bleed manpower and squads trying to repair the emplacement.

Everything else is rather not effective.
21 Sep 2015, 13:05 PM

Emplacements have more health then ST shot damage, they are supposed to survive single big hit even unbraced when at full hp.
21 Sep 2015, 13:12 PM

Large alpha strikes aren't good at dealing with emplacements.
Sturmtiger is useful but the best way for OKW to kill emplacements is the ISG or using the Volks incendiary nades.
21 Sep 2015, 13:14 PM

Brace is a bit tricky. It's shitty now, but generally, it reduces the incoming damage by 90 (or 80?) percent which is a lot. You first have to make them brace the structure, wait for it to go on CD, then you will have 45 seconds (not sure) to use Sturmtiger -or any other explosive nuke) to finish it off.
21 Sep 2015, 13:28 PM
Donator 11

Use ISG's and when it's braced move in with racketen and shreks to widdle it down.
-Once the brace is close to becoming off push your combined arms back, rinse and repeat. MAKE EM PAY SON!!!
21 Sep 2015, 16:03 PM

Okay, thanks to all of you for your replies :blush:

How do i counter these as Ostheer properly? The mortar with the 4 seconds reload won't do that much, would it? What do you think? leFH?
21 Sep 2015, 16:06 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Moving to OKW strategies
21 Sep 2015, 16:11 PM

Thanks for moving and sorry if I post things in wrong threads
21 Sep 2015, 16:16 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

No problems.

I wonder if you might raise the Ostheer issue in the Ostheer section? ;)
21 Sep 2015, 16:20 PM

Allright, I guess I'll do that then
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 90

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak