Login

russian armor

Ostheer help

21 Sep 2015, 01:55 AM

Been on a nasty losing streak so I'm hoping to find some help here. This is a typical game for me. I do "Ok" early game and it just gets progressively worse as the game progresses. I was trying really hard to fortify my front in the beginning that I didn't want to grab this VP until I was satisfied with my defensive line. Didn't even have a chance to call in my armor before my line started crumbling.

If someone could give me some pointers or tell me if I'm doing something wrong that would be fantastic.
21 Sep 2015, 09:58 AM

I will take a look in next few hrs.
Be paitience :)
21 Sep 2015, 13:39 PM

Ok.

First of all you have made two seperate games from this 2v2.
It was not 2v2. It was 1v1 x2.
The tricky part about going alone for each fuel is that you might end with both fuels or none.

In this game you could not get any fuel until 9' which was quite late and gave Soviets player huge boost for T70.

Second thing, you should have worked together. For example, focus around 1 fuel and cut off, instead of 2 fuels.

Soviet player kicked ass of your teammate like hell.
It seems that there was no communication between you.
When T70 appears he had nothing to hard counter it, but you could call Puma, why didnt you?
T70 got almost 20 kills. Quick reaction with Puma would save him.
Remember it's 2v2, not 1v1, you should support each other.

And you bleed really heavy.
23 (?) kills and almost 50 units losts. You need to improve positioning so your bleed is not that big.
21 Sep 2015, 14:15 PM

I'll take a look at your replay as well just to give an extra eye on it.
21 Sep 2015, 17:06 PM

Ok.

First of all you have made two seperate games from this 2v2.
It was not 2v2. It was 1v1 x2.
The tricky part about going alone for each fuel is that you might end with both fuels or none.

In this game you could not get any fuel until 9' which was quite late and gave Soviets player huge boost for T70.

Second thing, you should have worked together. For example, focus around 1 fuel and cut off, instead of 2 fuels.

Soviet player kicked ass of your teammate like hell.
It seems that there was no communication between you.
When T70 appears he had nothing to hard counter it, but you could call Puma, why didnt you?
T70 got almost 20 kills. Quick reaction with Puma would save him.
Remember it's 2v2, not 1v1, you should support each other.

And you bleed really heavy.
23 (?) kills and almost 50 units losts. You need to improve positioning so your bleed is not that big.

Thanks alot for the input. I agree I would much rather hold 1 fuel rather than chance 2. I actually had the intention of holding one side but he seemed to want to hold both, regardless we should have been together.

I did get kinda lost in my own world on my side and didn't check his side so that was my bad. Wish he would of said something though. I didn't even realize a T70 was on the field until he quit and I looked over. My k/d ratio is often bad so but I'm not sure why, I always try to stay in cover and long range. Maybe I just play too aggressively. Anywho, thanks alot for the review man.
22 Sep 2015, 03:33 AM

Been on a nasty losing streak so I'm hoping to find some help here. This is a typical game for me. I do "Ok" early game and it just gets progressively worse as the game progresses. I was trying really hard to fortify my front in the beginning that I didn't want to grab this VP until I was satisfied with my defensive line. Didn't even have a chance to call in my armor before my line started crumbling.

If someone could give me some pointers or tell me if I'm doing something wrong that would be fantastic.

All right man I took a look, I recorded a video of your game and really tried to spot the flaws you can fine that here:

If you cbf watching the video I can summarise it as such

1. Your Ally cost you that game. Lvl 154 and he doesn't know how to counter T-70 rush - top kek
2. You make some questionable tactical decisions. You still need to learn when to sacrifice field presence.
3. Your micro is sloppy in high intensity fights, understandable but it happens.
4. You and your ally forget to back cap two resource points leaving you 10 muni and 6 fuel short. You basically neglected you economy.

There is more but the video covers them.

About you playing 2* 1v1: The map is designed to make you do this. But if you still play a 1v1 on other maps then yeah, there is a bit of an issue there.
22 Sep 2015, 17:49 PM

All right man I took a look, I recorded a video of your game and really tried to spot the flaws you can fine that here:

If you cbf watching the video I can summarise it as such

1. Your Ally cost you that game. Lvl 154 and he doesn't know how to counter T-70 rush - top kek
2. You make some questionable tactical decisions. You still need to learn when to sacrifice field presence.
3. Your micro is sloppy in high intensity fights, understandable but it happens.
4. You and your ally forget to back cap two resource points leaving you 10 muni and 6 fuel short. You basically neglected you economy.

There is more but the video covers them.

About you playing 2* 1v1: The map is designed to make you do this. But if you still play a 1v1 on other maps then yeah, there is a bit of an issue there.

Wow, that play by play was very informative. I've never really looked at the mortar vs sniper like that with the kills. I now see a lot of things I've been doing wrong now that you've mentioned them but i now know what I should be doing to fix them.

Thanks man
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS