Login

russian armor

Watching SPrice play Symbiosis and RE upkeep so low

21 Sep 2015, 01:23 AM
Donator 11

Here are my issues with this game:

-I personally think that the pop cap is an exploit
-That being said ^, I really find it is hard to win with USA late game... imagine, even using this strat USA could not win but it is not a reason for that "exploit" to exist.
21 Sep 2015, 01:25 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Sep 2015, 01:23 AMZ3r07
Here are my issues with this game:

-I personally think that the pop cap is an exploit
-That being said ^, I really find it is hard to win with USA late game... imagine, even using this strat USA could not win but it is not a reason for that "exploit" to exist.

agree it's hard to win late game...but this needs to be fixed somehow...that's not fun or in spirit of skilled COH play to spam 8 RE's and leave crew members ou of all tanks in base then pop in and rush. Some more medium armor buffs plus better Vet and better AT gun vet would be a great fixes for USF late game IMO. Plus a Pershing is coming :P
21 Sep 2015, 01:28 AM

yeah relic nerf it plz :)
21 Sep 2015, 01:41 AM

21 Sep 2015, 01:56 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Just an amazing game. No one spoil it and watch it for yourself!

vod?
21 Sep 2015, 02:17 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Sep 2015, 01:41 AMJaedrik
http://www.sirlin.net/ptw-book/introducingthe-scrub

https://twitter.com/scrubquotesx

That's not entirely true, especially in that context

It is true that scrubs calling other tactics "cheap" is a major part of the definition of scrubs, but vice versa you can not simply state, that everyone, calling a tactic cheap is a scrub.
It is a necessaty for the definition but the usage alone doesn't make you a scrub.

Symbi said "spam more" in one of the replay, it is clear, that he means the tactics of price, which are maybe "cheap" to him.
Given that, he doesn't fulfill any other sign of a scrub as defined in the linked article:

-He didn't throw in the towel, and is considered a good player by the community, quite the
opposite of beeing a scrub.
-After losing, the first game against sprice, he adapted quickly, making a 251/7 in the
next try.

Was Sprice tactics "cheap"? Yeah, they are considered cheap by a huge margin of the coh2 playerbase and, as shown, maybe by Symbiosis himself and Luvnest as stated in the stream.

TL;DR: Your linked articile is not applying correctly, without considering other important factors

21 Sep 2015, 02:21 AM
Honorary Member Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Sep 2015, 02:17 AMWoschte
TL;DR: Your linked articile is not applying correctly, without considering other important factors

I took it to mean that he wasn't calling Symbiosis (nor Price) a scrub, but rather the people in this thread saying that Price's strategy was cheap / unfair.
21 Sep 2015, 02:26 AM
Donator 11

I don't think any strategy as 'cheap'. If you can win using a strat, its all that matters. Soamming a lot of cheap units is called swarming, its a legit military tactic
21 Sep 2015, 02:27 AM

I took it to mean that he wasn't calling Symbiosis (nor Price) a scrub, but rather the people in this thread saying that Price's strategy was cheap / unfair.

So, only measuring the usage of the word "cheap", the ordinary twitch user (i didn't said anything regarding that, btw.) is different from luv and co.? Why does this only apply, without further knowledge, only to them and not to pros.

I was just stating, that there is, also according to the linked sites, which are interesting articles, to less input to generally state everyone is a scrub, oo, besides the pros ofc, wich have the same claim.

For me, it is just some pseudo elitist bs behaviour posted without even a comment.
21 Sep 2015, 02:28 AM

Which still misses the point, the strategy was fine, if blobbing works why not blob? That's alright, problem comes when we factor in the manpower he gained unjustly, he fielded X units, he should have upkeep for X units.

For how abstract this might seem I wouldn't consider it different than pretty much hacking in extra resources that you wouldn't normally have, the pop cap isn't the problem, the MP is, he could keep up with symbiosis so much because he could keep re-buying and reinforcing all of his units no problem, had he kept the crews inside the vehicles, I belive he would have lost much, much sooner.
21 Sep 2015, 02:30 AM

People saying Symbiosis was the better player make me LOL. Price had preservation just as good, micro quite good, and held on and made a LATE GAME COMEBACK AS USF. Do you even know how hard that is?

The Price strategy is literally the only way to make US viable in the late game. Rear Echelons vet so well, and M10s are so effective, that it has no weaknesses.

Symbiosis lost that game through his fail micro and won it through RNG. People gushing over him are just plain sad.
21 Sep 2015, 02:39 AM

People saying Symbiosis was the better player make me LOL. Price had preservation just as good, micro quite good, and held on and made a LATE GAME COMEBACK AS USF. Do you even know how hard that is?

The Price strategy is literally the only way to make US viable in the late game. Rear Echelons vet so well, and M10s are so effective, that it has no weaknesses.

Symbiosis lost that game through his fail micro and won it through RNG. People gushing over him are just plain sad.

This times a thousand.

I love how when Paula and KimJongUn go LMG gren spam, Pakwall, Stug E into Tiger they're branded cheese tryhards and vilified; yet when Symb does this and wins because one of Prices RNG bombs killed half of his own army, Symb is heralded as a hero.

Price was base locked, as USF, and took back the rest of the map against 4 LMG Grens, a Pak wall, Stug E, and Tiger. If that isn't insane amounts of skill, I don't know what is.
21 Sep 2015, 02:40 AM

People complaining about building 4 paks... Yes how dare Symbi tries to counter Tank destroyer spam by getting enough AT.
21 Sep 2015, 02:52 AM

People complaining about building 4 paks... Yes how dare Symbi tries to counter Tank destroyer spam by getting enough AT.
I have no problem with him building a bunch of PaKs, it was the appropriate counter to M10s.

Just as M10s were the appropriate counter to a Tiger, and Stug E, and Flamer Halftrack.

People saying Price is somehow dirty for getting 5 M10s... HOW THE HELL ELSE IS HE SUPPOSED TO KILL A WELL HANDLED TIGER? A lolJackson?
21 Sep 2015, 02:54 AM

This. Watch the squad micro that whole game and see who does a better job preserving units, it is not price. That is a fact that has nothing to do with strat.

People say swarming is legitimate tactic. I would agree if they were coming from different angles and actually using tactical maneuvering. But if you watch price continually blobbed all his RE. Was there some solid micro of that blob yes and he did good job harass capping and handling so many M10's bit he bobbed pure and simple and only got away with it because of nature of upkeep of RE and the vehicle crew exploit he used on all his M10s and even his Sherman Howitzers
21 Sep 2015, 02:58 AM

This. Watch the squad micro that whole game and see who does a better job preserving units, it is not price. That is a fact that has nothing to do with strat.

People say swarming is legitimate tactic. I would agree if they were coming from different angles and actually using tactical maneuvering. But if you watch price continually blobbed all his RE. Was there some solid micro of that blob yes and he did good job harass capping and handling so many M10's bit he bobbed pure and simple and only got away with it because of nature of upkeep of RE and the vehicle crew exploit he used on all his M10s and even his Sherman Howitzers

21 Sep 2015, 03:08 AM
21 Sep 2015, 03:17 AM

SPrice? Other than abusing every possible shit, blobbing every possible blob units in every patch, I can't see how he has any skill or micro to be at top 200 at all.

Having RE spam blob like this in a tornament is a disgrace and simply disrespectful to some extent.
21 Sep 2015, 03:19 AM

SPrice? Other than abusing every possible shit, blobbing every possible blob units in every patch, I can't see how he has any skill or micro to be at top 200 at all.

Having RE spam blob like this in a tornament is a disgrace and simply disrespectful to some extent.

21 Sep 2015, 03:22 AM

Do you have any idea how hard it is to keep REs alive long enough for them to vet up? If he wasn't good, he'd never have been in that game to start with.

If you've actually watched him play you'd realize that he CAN win conventionally. He just prefers RE spam. With good reason, because it's the only viable late game US strategy.

Oh, also, if you'd even watched that one game you'd recognize his skill. Again, LATE GAME USF COMEBACK AGAINST DUG IN AXIS. That doesn't happen no matter how hard you blob. That only happens if you are DAMN good at this game, and even better than your opponent.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 33
Korea, Republic Of 6
Russian Federation 95
unknown 14

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %