Login

russian armor

New Maps

19 Jun 2013, 18:51 PM

I really dislike the new maps. I feel they were just hastily created without any real stratgic thought. Moscow is bleeeeehhhh. New pryipat and kholdony arent so bad... but I agree they need some dedicated 1v1 maps.
19 Jun 2013, 19:19 PM
Senior Caster Badge

I really dislike the new maps. I feel they were just hastily created without any real stratgic thought. Moscow is bleeeeehhhh. New pryipat and kholdony arent so bad... but I agree they need some dedicated 1v1 maps.

"Without any real strategic thought" sums up most of Company of Heroes 2, especially the maps.
19 Jun 2013, 19:36 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

............... and it's difficult to know where you are without referring to the mini-map. ...............

But surely, use of the tactical map is a 'good thing' no?

@Porygon

Minsk Pocket is a bit, blowland :/

OMG!I hope you're incorrect in your assessment...:)
19 Jun 2013, 20:54 PM

But surely, use of the tactical map is a 'good thing' no?

I'm talking about being able to quickly ascertain where you are on the map, preferably without having to take your eyes off of the action. The quickest way is to be familiar with buildings, roads, and other landmarks that are on your screen. The next quickest way would be to look for the white "screen outline" on the mini-map. The tactical map doesn't really help with this (since it replaces your whole screen with the map).

It was nice on Angoville in CoH1 to see the house on the right hand side with the victory point next to it and immediately know that my opponent's cutoff was one screen length to the left and one screen length up...or that the fuel point was a half screen length to the right and just a little bit up. I don't see myself ever being able to get that familiar with these new CoH2 maps. They just seem like a bunch of strategic points floating in a bunch of nondescript space.
19 Jun 2013, 22:31 PM

I think the winter Pryipat is much better than spring, and I love the spring Kholodny map though it favors soviets a bit. The other new maps are just terrible.
20 Jun 2013, 00:30 AM

Community made maps > Game made maps

Without Community made maps, we wouldn't have the brilliant COH1 maps that are Langres and Duclair.

BTW, I'm mostly a 1v1 player, but I'd say Duclair is the best map in VCOH by a long stretch.

I'd really want support for community made maps in COH2 :)
20 Jun 2013, 05:30 AM

Kholodny Ferma

I only played this once and got caught offguard because i failed to realize that the fuel and munition points are placed differently. But i like the placement of them overall. It's a good 1v1 map in my opinion.

Pripyat Winter

I don't know, the critics of Pripyat did never really complain about the VPs but about the river beeing a hinderence for flanks so that all happens in the middle area.
Now we would have more flank opportunities but all VPs are in the middle... seems quite bad. Also i think there are to many munition points here,

Minsk Pocket

I love that map (dunno why). First it seems narrow but because of the treelines you have so uch room for suprise flanks it just is fun to play it.

Moscow Outskirts Winter

Some people say it is to big for 1v1 but i like it because it opens up new strategies than on the more narrow maps. MG spam is not as effective here because of the open flanks.

Moscow Outskirts

Same as for the winter version, but i just don't like the placement of the Munition points, they are way to close to the base and it is hard to contest them in an even match.

That's my opinion on the new 1v1 maps.
20 Jun 2013, 05:36 AM

Yeah Nano I thought the same upon look of the map with the 3 VP's being so close to one another. However I have actually had quite a few +40min games on it despite the VP's being so close. It is quite punishing though if one team gets an early game advantage. I would still like to see the VP's seperated a bit more purely to pull less attention away from the central watch tower.

The south-east portion of the map however I feel is a bit neglected and fighting in that region consists of only 1-2 infantry squads at most at a time.

I love the add on of watch towers providing vision control, however the repair bunker I am a little hesistant of at the moment.
20 Jun 2013, 10:02 AM

Is it just me or does the minimap still show snow on summer maps?
20 Jun 2013, 14:08 PM

Yeah Nano I thought the same upon look of the map with the 3 VP's being so close to one another. However I have actually had quite a few +40min games on it despite the VP's being so close. It is quite punishing though if one team gets an early game advantage. I would still like to see the VP's seperated a bit more purely to pull less attention away from the central watch tower.

The south-east portion of the map however I feel is a bit neglected and fighting in that region consists of only 1-2 infantry squads at most at a time.

I love the add on of watch towers providing vision control, however the repair bunker I am a little hesistant of at the moment.

Well, the drawn out games are a direct result to that.
They are not necessarily long games because the players are equally skilled.
They are drawn out because everyone just can focus on mid with, as you said, only 1-2 squads in the southern area. So you will tend to have a stall mid area where at max one player has 2 VPs, those the ticker goes down slow. And this one point get's traded back and force or is neutral a lot so it takes even longer.

They should take a VP approach like on the non-winter pripyat.
20 Jun 2013, 14:47 PM

Maps need to be smaller, really. And done with a true tactical prism, either its useless. But i am worry about something : it is beta so please tell me there is TRUE dedicated 1v1 maps coming ? Please don't tell me they'll launch the game with people looking for 1v1 competitive with those maps ?
20 Jun 2013, 15:05 PM

Do the larger maps favor the Russian player a bit more? I can barely eek out any wins vs inferior Russian players on those larger maps like Moscow Outskirts and Minsk Pocket. While I completely dominate Russians on the smaller maps I seem to not get into rhythm on the larger ones. I feel mg spam is really easy for the soviets since I need to use my grens and smaller forces to run around very large portions of the map to capture points. If a Maxim catches a gren squad well then that sets me back quite a bit... And even if the Maxim is flanked with a different gren squad early game it still has tons of time to just displace. hmm.. Ideas?
20 Jun 2013, 15:57 PM

I totaly don't like current 1v1 maps couse they are basicly 2v2. They are too large. They force you to go vehicles, so basicly you go for scout cars or flamehalftrack (with I hate ;). Koholdny is only good 1v1 map for me. Hope we gonna see more maps soon.
20 Jun 2013, 22:23 PM

Maps need to be smaller, really. And done with a true tactical prism, either its useless. But i am worry about something : it is beta so please tell me there is TRUE dedicated 1v1 maps coming ? Please don't tell me they'll launch the game with people looking for 1v1 competitive with those maps ?

It seems like the competitive aspect of the game is being put on hold, at least for the release of the game. The maps we are playing now are a clear indicator of that.

Not sure if we're gonna see many great 1v1 maps just now :S
20 Jun 2013, 23:39 PM

Here's my opinion about new maps that i played on so far

Winter Pripyat - better than summer one, this Watchtower in middle is a little OP, 2 muni and 1 fuel point for each site which is very good idea

Summer Cholodny - so far best map ever in CoH2, it's very balanced and i really like it, in 1v1's you must be everywhere

Minsk - huge maps, lot of flanking possibilities in mid but left right is just "build wire" and this sector is yours
21 Jun 2013, 01:15 AM

I like the new Spring Kolodny.
21 Jun 2013, 08:03 AM

There's a bug on Summer Cholodny, on right cu-off, near that small wooden house, there's a small cap sector that belongs to that cut-off and it can be captured by standing nest to that wooden house
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★