Login

russian armor

2 Solutions for JP4 Camo (serious thread, not trolling)

20 Sep 2015, 00:22 AM

Camo for all units should work only when standing still and after quite a few seconds when you are out of combat (5-10)
20 Sep 2015, 00:50 AM

Australian magic you easily could've destroyed the jp4 with attack ground. Sometimes I think you are the only strategist on coh2.org that has l2p issues.

I generally wouldn't advise to nerf the weakest faction even further.
20 Sep 2015, 01:57 AM
Patrion 14

invisibility is stupid. either make invisibility detection radius is increased for this ability to like 20m or remove it and compensate it otherwise if needed.
20 Sep 2015, 02:07 AM
Patrion 28

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Sep 2015, 01:57 AMpigsoup
invisibility is stupid. either make invisibility detection radius is increased for this ability to like 20m or remove it and compensate it otherwise if needed.

unless something has changed since DoW2, invisibility is a flag and detection radius is a per unit attribute. afaik there are two kinds of cloaking though, mine and normal.
20 Sep 2015, 02:24 AM
Patrion 14

People still argue with Alex in this day and age? He would defend the Vickers range bug if it was an Axis unit.

How come Soviets use the Su85 with success even if it has no cloak and it is up against Panzerschrecks? It is not all that much more mobile than the JPIV after all. And how come when the Su85 gets cooldown on focus sight or t70 gets cooldown on recon mode, that is perfectly fine, but as soon as people start discussing JP getting cooldown on cloak, whoah, hold your gardening horses mate, it's time to let's talk about how this is a videogame and how investments must be preserved.
20 Sep 2015, 03:00 AM

can we make fanboism a valid ban reason pls
20 Sep 2015, 04:09 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Theres a difference between fixing and nerfing. A unit should be fine with it's intended performance, not due to "bugs" or unintended mechanics (see how Flak HT is only "fine" because of landslide bug).

Since when is 5 seconds "instantly"? Thats less than the reload on multiple tanks. You can also keep it tagged as in combat by using infantry.

It has been a long time since then, but it happened that i button a JPIV with Guards, it cloak and dissapear away. Not sure if it works.

Cammo is broken. /Thread.
You could argue if that makes it a balanced unit or not (and here we go into another point regarding the performance of a unit due to it's vet1 ability)

PD: 5s to cloak is equal to it's RoF. That is why it can shoot, cloak and fire again. This changes at vet3.
20 Sep 2015, 05:33 AM

People still argue with Alex in this day and age? He would defend the Vickers range bug if it was an Axis unit.

How come Soviets use the Su85 with success even if it has no cloak and it is up against Panzerschrecks? It is not all that much more mobile than the JPIV after all. And how come when the Su85 gets cooldown on focus sight or t70 gets cooldown on recon mode, that is perfectly fine, but as soon as people start discussing JP getting cooldown on cloak, whoah, hold your gardening horses mate, it's time to let's talk about how this is a videogame and how investments must be preserved.

How about instead of accusing me of fanboyism actually engage my argument? I would never say the Vickers bug is okay and accusing me of defending it is fucking shitty as hell. What is you problem dude?

The SU-85 doesn't cost as much, has better maneuverability and a traversal gun, and the ability to self sight. It's scary good with vet (although tracking sucks). The JPIV does have a cool down on it's recloak on toggling it? No and I guess that's a problem.

It has been a long time since then, but it happened that i button a JPIV with Guards, it cloak and dissapear away. Not sure if it works.

Cammo is broken. /Thread.
You could argue if that makes it a balanced unit or not (and here we go into another point regarding the performance of a unit due to it's vet1 ability)

PD: 5s to cloak is equal to it's RoF. That is why it can shoot, cloak and fire again. This changes at vet3.

Literally from the game files; it can't cloak if it's been in combat in 5 seconds. Button doesn't keep it in combat which might be an issue as well, but if you have something hit or shoot at it then unless it's not hit for 5 seconds it can't cloak.

20 Sep 2015, 06:06 AM

Attack ground lol. Try to attack ground when you are maneuvering 3 units to be out of range of KT, on full speed into invisibile unit when the first thing you want to do is to stay out ot KT. Lol.
Probably I would just stand still and attack ground but I havent slighlty clue at that point that its so broken and that its going to dissapear in front of me. Quick pass through, second pass and run. No time for anything else. You havent seen this game so you have no idea that attacking ground was not the option.

Alex, AT Guns? That beautiful shot blockers.
Gammon? Schwerer.
Tanks? Maybe Churchill and Comet. Other will be scared away by volks.
In the end brits dont have any range option to kill med bunker or Schwerer.

______
@down
When was the last time your Centur killed truck??
Waiting. . .
20 Sep 2015, 07:00 AM

lol

just one word man , one word

" Centaur "

and

" more volks plz " he said .

did you really played OKW with brit ???
20 Sep 2015, 20:29 PM

How about instead of accusing me of fanboyism actually engage my argument? I would never say the Vickers bug is okay and accusing me of defending it is fucking shitty as hell. What is you problem dude?

The SU-85 doesn't cost as much, has better maneuverability and a traversal gun, and the ability to self sight. It's scary good with vet (although tracking sucks). The JPIV does have a cool down on it's recloak on toggling it? No and I guess that's a problem.

Literally from the game files; it can't cloak if it's been in combat in 5 seconds. Button doesn't keep it in combat which might be an issue as well, but if you have something hit or shoot at it then unless it's not hit for 5 seconds it can't cloak.

you are defending a broken ability,he pointed out WHY its broken and you just told him to L2P.....

he explained his strategy to you and you IGNORED IT like a true AXIS FANBOY,he used 3 expandable tanks to take out a VET 4 JAGDPANZER 4,but that didnt worked cause the tank disapeared at point blank range facing 3 medium tanks,he flanked the Jagdpanzer 4 and it was facing its rear armor and then suddly the tank disapeared......

if you could atleast understand the problem then MAYBE he and i wouldnt name you an axis fanboy

20 Sep 2015, 22:21 PM

Cloak on JPIV is broken, arguably the vet is broken, increased damage out of cloak should not be a thing. Increased penetration and accuracy is fine.

Cloak should take longer (maybe 8 seconds), and the detection range should be quite high (20m?). This unit should be useful if set up properly, not a way to make units lose target in combat. 20m range would still mean tanks have to close 40m of open field where they can be shot by this unit, before they can guarantee it can not escape by disappearing.
20 Sep 2015, 22:32 PM

First fix Brits tanks then fix axis tanks. Currently the brit tanks are way out of their league...
21 Sep 2015, 06:18 AM

First fix Brits tanks then fix axis tanks. Currently the brit tanks are way out of their league...

wtf is this??? should we wait 5 years to fix a broken ability?????

and whats so broken about British tanks other then being good and viable???

if buggs exist then point them like the centaur one BUT ignoring that broken ability is just......
21 Sep 2015, 06:24 AM

wtf is this??? should we wait 5 years to fix a broken ability?????

and whats so broken about British tanks other then being good and viable???

if buggs exist then point them like the centaur one BUT ignoring that broken ability is just......

Ok I'll specify my reaction. Fix those churchill tanks then talk about a JP4
21 Sep 2015, 06:26 AM

Ok I'll specify my reaction. Fix those churchill tanks then talk about a JP4

could you explain to me the problem with the churchill tanks??

apart from the croc the churchill are fine to me
21 Sep 2015, 06:30 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Sep 2015, 20:22 PMslother
Solution 3:

Remove Camo, increase penetration so churchills cant laugh at this tank destroyer ...

Yep.
21 Sep 2015, 07:28 AM

could you explain to me the problem with the churchill tanks??

apart from the croc the churchill are fine to me

The problem that I have with the current state of the churchill is as followed:

Yesterday I had a 4v4 game with some friends of mine and I've put 2 Pak 43 guns + 3 Rakettenwerfers up to deal with the constant flow of 3 churchills. Luckely there were no crocodile or AVRE chruchills to deal with. My Pak 43 were hitting the churchill all the time since it has insane penetration, but even while they were hitting them fully they just returned with a slimmer of health after approximatly 5-6 shots (don't know the exact amount). After a while I got 3 rakettenwerfers to help to seal the deal, but 8 of the 10 shots fired just bounced. I'm completely familiar with the RNGezus but in my opinion the Churchill currently has a HP pool that's way too big (get it to 1280 for max) and has for his HP pool too much armour. It's like the same with the JagdTiger. While it has 1280 HP it does have around 400-525 armour (don't know the exact amount of this). While you can have multiple churchills it's just extremely hard to deal with it at some point.

Don't get me wrong, because I think it's fine that they'll have good tanks, but not unbeatable godtanks (same as the JT on long narrow maps). The only tank I do concider OP next to the churchills are Centaurs, even while you can beat them quite nicely by good AT usage.

I hope that this will clearify it a bit for you

21 Sep 2015, 08:27 AM

The problem that I have with the current state of the churchill is as followed:

Yesterday I had a 4v4 game with some friends of mine and I've put 2 Pak 43 guns + 3 Rakettenwerfers up to deal with the constant flow of 3 churchills. Luckely there were no crocodile or AVRE chruchills to deal with. My Pak 43 were hitting the churchill all the time since it has insane penetration, but even while they were hitting them fully they just returned with a slimmer of health after approximatly 5-6 shots (don't know the exact amount). After a while I got 3 rakettenwerfers to help to seal the deal, but 8 of the 10 shots fired just bounced. I'm completely familiar with the RNGezus but in my opinion the Churchill currently has a HP pool that's way too big (get it to 1280 for max) and has for his HP pool too much armour. It's like the same with the JagdTiger. While it has 1280 HP it does have around 400-525 armour (don't know the exact amount of this). While you can have multiple churchills it's just extremely hard to deal with it at some point.

Don't get me wrong, because I think it's fine that they'll have good tanks, but not unbeatable godtanks (same as the JT on long narrow maps). The only tank I do concider OP next to the churchills are Centaurs, even while you can beat them quite nicely by good AT usage.

I hope that this will clearify it a bit for you

i understand the problem you had during that game

now according to the forums the churchill has(tech one)

1600HP
270-280 Armor
its as slow or slower then a king tiger
has a gun like the kv-1s or/and a little better

its an anvill unit(so you dont get it if you choose hammer)

it costs 540Mp and 150Fuel

now i also have to say that the comet and the is-2/isu-152 have better armor then the churchill atm before i go on

now the churchill if it bounces 3 raketenwefer at shots is just RNG (it may even happen on comets and is-2s) so you cant base much balance to it

as for the pak43s hitting the churchill and Penetrating BUT not killing it but leaving it heavily damaged is not broken either,infact it would be a better choice to bring a jagdpanzer 4/panther to finish of the churchills instead of at guns

the same thing happens with the USF against panthers and tigers,they have too much armor,HP and they escape with "smoke" its the same thing with churchills

also i dont see them as god tanks in any way(still havent seen a churchill beat tigers/panthers/jagdpanzer 4s)

the only thing i would suggest is a price increase(more fuel to like 200) but then again i dont see how its possible to spam them without having support

still if an HP redution is needed then we should decrease the price of it or otherwise the comet will be the only viable option late game

i should also point out that during the alpha the churchill was the most overpriced shitty unit you could field(losing to 1 pak,panzer 4 or even stugs for the matter)cause it didnt took damage like it was supposed to and it was VERY SLOW and most people went for a comet so bear that in mind
21 Sep 2015, 08:45 AM

Australian magic you easily could've destroyed the jp4 with attack ground. Sometimes I think you are the only strategist on coh2.org that has l2p issues.

unfortunately, i have to agree. sry, but calling other guys fanboys and being so clearly biased yourself doesn't go well together, especially when your arguments are very weak to begin with.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★