Login

russian armor

1v1 Help request vs american current patch (sep 17)

18 Sep 2015, 13:55 PM

replay:

I have been trying to get better at 1v1 OKW for a while. I have a hard time dealing with strong mixed AI and AT. This is a good example. I feel like I invest so much in AI that I don't have anything to deal with his Sherman mortar and it just does whatever it wants. I get a panther out thinking I can use that, but he has so many zukes and two jacksons that it gets shredded. My reketen gets decrewed all the time.

What should I have done differently? Did I loose the game earlier? I consider myself a low to mid player, so my micro was off a few times. I am very open to any suggestions.

Thanks in advance!
18 Sep 2015, 13:57 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post18 Sep 2015, 13:55 PMryati
replay:

I have been trying to get better at 1v1 OKW for a while. I have a hard time dealing with strong mixed AI and AT. This is a good example. I feel like I invest so much in AI that I don't have anything to deal with his Sherman mortar and it just does whatever it wants. I get a panther out thinking I can use that, but he has so many zukes and two jacksons that it gets shredded. My reketen gets decrewed all the time.

What should I have done differently? Did I loose the game earlier? I consider myself a low to mid player, so my micro was off a few times. I am very open to any suggestions.

Thanks in advance!

Mine the shit out of the entire map.
19 Sep 2015, 22:53 PM

Well, you let those HMG trucks push you around at first. When you ran in with your sturmpioneers to kill that rear echelon squad, you got them destroyed by the truck and didn't kill the echelon squad. You should have put them into green cover(the destroyed truck) and let them and the wagon go to town on it while reinforcements arrive. He would have probably had to pull it back from too much damage.

You let him get too many easy nades on you, like when he ran across the field at the middle VP with 2 rifleman squads. Both threw grenades at 2 separate times and both got successful hits. 20-30 seconds later, another nade hit right on your fusiliers.

I noticed you forgot about your AT gun when he charged in with his howitzer tank...it could have gotten 2-3 hits on its side armour at that point should you have turned it, and by the time you had noticed you decided to move it up the road unprotected, and therefore got it killed.

You got your panther killed because you drove it into a blob of infantry with AT rockets and their tank destroyers. Of course, I don't think he had revealed his tanks so you didn't know, but in the panther description it even says it is weak to AT infantry and to have it supported. You should have kept it in behind your infantry and just close enough to hit that howitzer. Should have brought the support gun in a little closer to bring down shells on his blobs, and once he engages with his tank destroyers, you retreat.

Then what you could have done was gather you troops(after repairs and heals) and set up an ambush on the left side, then send a unit each to cap the fuel and VP. Of course you could have done this instead of even going after his howitzer. When you went after his howitzer and lost the panther, you had something like 140 points to his 435 at that point so your priority probably should have been VP rather than eliminating a threat.

Of course I am no pro...and I am not sure what I am missing aside from making uses of things like barbed wire and mines...especially mines vs infantry blobs. I am also just writing from mental notes so I probably missed a lot.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★