Login

russian armor

Ostheer sniper HP nerf

13 Sep 2015, 09:13 AM

Do you think that the Brit sniper should mirror the Ost sniper with changes such as these? I'm really hoping that there will be some nerfs to the Ost sniper in the upcoming patch; it's desperately needed.

Maybe he should be slightly weaker to pay for his utility against light vehicles and ability to call barrage on vet1.

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Sep 2015, 09:04 AMCruzz
So you are advocating an increase in health for soviet snipers?

I am totally for it.
13 Sep 2015, 09:21 AM

Two 82hp models for SU with higher price, like 400 - 420 mp and 100-120 for model, with insane durability and mediocre fire power could be interesting, but it will be very hard to balance them, in other way with higher price it will be harder to build couple of them. Current position of SU sniper is fine.
13 Sep 2015, 09:31 AM

Are you sure that the Ost and Brit sniper have the same durability? I could swear that the Brit sniper is as fragile as the pre-buff Ost sniper. Partner that with a long ass reload, long cloak time and long aim time and the Scotsman is pretty borked in comparison.

they have the same hp.
the extra accuracy on the german grenadier make the sniper seems more fragile than he is.
13 Sep 2015, 09:32 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Sep 2015, 09:21 AMnewvan
Two 82hp models for SU with higher price, like 400 - 420 mp and 100-120 for model, with insane durability and mediocre fire power could be interesting, but it will be very hard to balance them, in other way with higher price it will be harder to build couple of them. Current position of SU sniper is fine.

why increase the price of the soviet sniper if they buff their hitpoints?
the german one didnt received one
also if you lose one man you pay 90mp to replace him with another so whats the point costing 400 mp?

13 Sep 2015, 09:34 AM
Donator 22

oh another nerf OH sniper thread. The third this week? :romeoMug:
13 Sep 2015, 09:35 AM

HP is fine to prevent random wipes.
Give it +rec accuracy so any ambush means death to him.

This.

Give it like 50% Received Accuracy to compensate for the 81 (82?) HP.
13 Sep 2015, 09:41 AM

why increase the price of the soviet sniper if they buff their hitpoints?
the german one didnt received one
also if you lose one man you pay 90mp to replace him with another so whats the point costing 400 mp?

Cause its really hard to lose two models with such amount of hp, with that buff you will able to keep it through all game quite easily. With old price double sniper opening will be too strong. However I think that SU sniper is fine at current position, I use it a lot, the only problem is random AOE. Ost sniper durability against AOE is fine, his durability against small arms, especially on retreat - isn't.
13 Sep 2015, 09:49 AM

oh another nerf OH sniper thread. The third this week? :romeoMug:

Probably means something hey?
13 Sep 2015, 09:54 AM

Means their a lot of bad players qgo dont undestand the concept of a defensive faction. btw snipers in general get nerfed next patch as lv's can easily handle them
13 Sep 2015, 09:59 AM

Higher rec accuracy and OH sniper is fine.
Lower aim time for all snipers to make counter-sniping possible.
Soviet sniper maybe 50-60 hp due to vulnerability to AoE and high accuracy axis units.

13 Sep 2015, 10:00 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Sep 2015, 09:54 AMZyllen

Means their a lot of bad players qgo dont undestand the concept of a defensive faction. btw snipers in general get nerfed next patch as lv's can easily handle them

You dont understand balance.
13 Sep 2015, 10:03 AM
Patrion 14

All factios should have accesable snipers , mortars , machineguns at guns , mines , at greandes and mayb some other thinks...

This.
13 Sep 2015, 10:19 AM
Patrion 14

I would love it if all snipers got a complete overhaul, in real life snipers don't shoot this fast i think lol.

I keep thinking about a different role, maby make all snipers like pathfinders but give them the ability to snipe models. I liked the ability as well in the USF campaign.
It'll have a low cooldown, so you can snipe models each 5 seconds? But it'll be micro taxing that way, though buff sight range and give all of them standard flare.

Well, 4 man sniper squads might be really strange, snipers always solo?

And maby give them longer shoot range then all other infantry, you can out them in the back, still preserving that role. It'll make them less deadly but more surviveable with all these changes.

Edit: thinking about it some more, would'nt that be horrible OP? A 4 man Squad who can snipe models each 5 seconds that you can't wipe in the early game, hmm it needs better tweaking.
13 Sep 2015, 10:35 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Sep 2015, 09:13 AMJadame!

Maybe he should be slightly weaker to pay for his utility against light vehicles and ability to call barrage on vet1.

the british sniper already fire slower compared to the german sniper. He's got the soviet sniper's ROF, german's lone man vulnerable, and the worst cloak in the game. Aside from his critical shot, he's the worst sniper in the game. Even with his critical shot his long recloak time make him extremely high risk.

and the artillery is useless the last time I tried it. It put the sniper within shooting distance (30) and count as a shooting action. IE the sniper will be vulnerable for 6 seconds while within 30 unit of the enemy. It's basically a suicide order for the sniper.
13 Sep 2015, 11:07 AM
Donator 22

yeah he is overperforming and relic nows that issue/testing stuff in the balance mod.
But why open every second day another thread? :huhsign:
Do you think they are working faster and doing some overtime hours? :foreveralone:
13 Sep 2015, 11:10 AM

yeah he is overperforming and relic nows that issue/testing stuff in the balance mod.
But why open every second day another thread? :huhsign:
Do you think they are working faster and doing some overtime hours? :foreveralone:

Ahhh...your passive aggressiveness sustains me..
13 Sep 2015, 11:28 AM

the british sniper already fire slower compared to the german sniper. He's got the soviet sniper's ROF, german's lone man vulnerable, and the worst cloak in the game. Aside from his critical shot, he's the worst sniper in the game. Even with his critical shot his long recloak time make him extremely high risk.

and the artillery is useless the last time I tried it. It put the sniper within shooting distance (30) and count as a shooting action. IE the sniper will be vulnerable for 6 seconds while within 30 unit of the enemy. It's basically a suicide order for the sniper.

Thats why i said slightly.

Brit sniper vs Ostheer sniper atm is like tiger ace vs t34. When Relic buffs Brit sniper stats accordingly to German sniper he should be slightly weaker. Maybe 1s longer recloak time, but not absurd we currently have.
13 Sep 2015, 11:29 AM
Donator 11

When relic will nerf the HP of this Sniper seriously ?

Giap say the same like me

When he will be nerf ?

He can never be kill, you can make 30 000 mystake, he needs a ton of shoot for be kill.

Nerf it seriously, same health than UKF sniper please ............. pfff

Tired to play vs a invincible sniper, escaping from a nuclear bombe

13 Sep 2015, 11:34 AM
Donator 11

Don't worry Quentin, everything will be ok. Relic will bury the Ostheer sniper eventually. Once they hear the cries. https://twitter.com/donttrythis/status/641734303907381249?lang=en
13 Sep 2015, 11:41 AM

Ok, Ost sniper is only an issue against Brits. So if anything to be fair, give it rec. acc. against Brits' IS
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★