Login

russian armor

Brits Limited free trial infographic

12 Sep 2015, 01:03 AM
Senior Editor Badge

http://www.companyofheroes.com/blog/2015/09/12/the-british-forces-limited-free-trial-infographic

The British Forces Limited Free Trial was played by some of the most dedicated and hardcore players of Company of Heroes 2. In this few day span, the best of the best went head to head and battled hard for bragging rights over their fellow gamer. So, instead of boring you with numbers on how successful the Limited Free Trial was for gathering data and testing out the new faction, we thought it would be more fun to show off some of these top players and how well they performed. Without further ado, all hail the Kings of The British Forces Limited Free Trial!

12 Sep 2015, 01:05 AM

So for every Infatry section, 6 carriers where build? That sounds strange, so either I missed the spam carriers meta or some players spammed them really hard.
12 Sep 2015, 01:05 AM

Thanks for that Limited Free-Trials for people in city <444>3
12 Sep 2015, 01:32 AM

So for every Infatry section, 6 carriers where build? That sounds strange, so either I missed the spam carriers meta or some players spammed them really hard.

Considering sniper cheese was and still is the meta and considering how vulnerable brens are to dying after one faust and some small arms fire, it actually may not be as surprising as it first seems. Bren is the obvious counter to snipers, it's just hopeless at it. After getting buttraped by snipers in a few games people probably stopped building second inf sections in favor of trying to preemptively counter the snipers. No extra inf sections and investing in engineers heavily is also another strat since the bleed is less costly.
12 Sep 2015, 01:43 AM

if only they knew that i left the game open while being drunk off my ass :D

still: IM ON THE POSTER BITCHES, FAME!
12 Sep 2015, 04:13 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Considering sniper cheese was and still is the meta and considering how vulnerable brens are to dying after one faust and some small arms fire, it actually may not be as surprising as it first seems. Bren is the obvious counter to snipers, it's just hopeless at it. After getting buttraped by snipers in a few games people probably stopped building second inf sections in favor of trying to preemptively counter the snipers. No extra inf sections and investing in engineers heavily is also another strat since the bleed is less costly.

No way, everybody at least makes 1 infantry section. You don't make over 6 bren carriers in a game (this would assume only 1 extra infantry section is built in every game) to counter the enemy snipers. There is no possible way that is accurate.
12 Sep 2015, 05:30 AM
Patrion 15

This is another awkward infographic. Not as obviously innacurate as the last one that claimed that OKW was an early game faction, but there is no way that there were 8x as many bren carriers built as infantry sections XD
12 Sep 2015, 05:50 AM

It's only 5.5x actually guys. Do the math!

:p

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Sep 2015, 04:13 AMTobis

No way, everybody at least makes 1 infantry section. You don't make over 6 bren carriers in a game (this would assume only 1 extra infantry section is built in every game) to counter the enemy snipers. There is no possible way that is accurate.

I've definitely played games not building an extra section in the alpha days. I don't specifically remember if I did during the free trial. The WASP is a fantastic unit and it's possible that some people made a viable strategy out of doing a double bren into wasp start or something like that. If they were prolific, doing comp stomps or whatever, this could explain the numbers.

Like it's possible it's an error or typo or something, but it's not the case that for these numbers to be true, everyone needs to build 6 brens in a game. There just need to be some games where people didn't build extra inf sections but do build one or more bren carriers.
12 Sep 2015, 06:16 AM

Damn I'm famous.

Lemon and I are also the 1 loss for shadowwada :snfCHVGame:
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment