Login

russian armor

Enough about the brits SU-76 STILL OP FOR COST

14 Sep 2015, 06:20 AM

Many threads of the same shit :P

I want to see a readjustment so it is a proper assault gun instead of a dedicated TD.

1. Nerf penn so it can fight P4s and nothing heavier than that.
2. Buff Barrage so its more accurate and keep it free. Barrage is good when you build 4 SU-76s which is easily possible, but its bad for the game.

That way, its a unit people still want to use while not having ridiculous scaling into the endgame.

Also - rule for this thread - just ignore Nabarxos, he has some severe toxic, selectivity and bias problems, happened in every single balance threads, especially SU-76 threads and will start "All Caps" spam at will - a far nastier and less factual version of Kaitof (who I mostly don't have problems with, sometimes he does come across as biased but he's not as bad compared to Nabarxos)
14 Sep 2015, 06:47 AM

Nah its balanced @ Relic going to ESL :rofl:
14 Sep 2015, 11:53 AM

Don't nerf SU-76, just make SU-85 worth building over multiple SU-76s:foreveralone:

They are removing the far sight ability from TDs now so maybe the SU-85 can be buffed since it can no longer self spot.
14 Sep 2015, 17:57 PM

What do you wanna buff though? Its already the fastest firing tank in the game and has enough pen to more or less reliably chip away at tigers from the front. I wouldnt really wanna see it become even faster, since reverse and normal speed are afair the same value. The times of SU85s backing off faster than a p4 could flank around were pretty scary, to say the least.

People keep mentioning the horrible maneuverability and I cant really comment on that, considering I rarely play SU. Thing is, since it doesnt have a turret, the pathing inherently screws up more or less. I think changing the pathing on these things for the better would be a better buff overall than a simple change to a turn or speed modifier.
14 Sep 2015, 18:09 PM

leave the su76 alone. it was useless for such a long time. its time to shine is now :foreveralone:
14 Sep 2015, 18:13 PM
Benefactor 392

It's fine as it is
15 Sep 2015, 22:33 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Sep 2015, 18:09 PMDAZ187
leave the su76 alone. it was useless for such a long time. its time to shine is now :foreveralone:

Yeah but the question is - does it shine in the right way?

If it's been placed as a early-mid game unit, thats what it should be, not a late game laser cannon that can be spammed from the 6-7th minute.

It will still shine if its penn is nerfed and barrage buffed.
15 Sep 2015, 22:41 PM

I agree. While I am happy to see the SU76 finally being useful after 2 years or so, its a bit over the top at the moment. Fast as hell, free barrage, same pen as SU85 and very similar reload time.

The way it is right now its an SU85 that can clear out fortified positions and paks(especially cause the barrage seems to outrange paks) and wipe the occasional squad if you looked away for a moment to micro somewhere else.

While the free barrage still makes me cringe(no ability in this game should be free) it is still somewhat ok. Just make it like 5 or 10 munitions. Still cheaper than the pak barrage that does exactly the same thing for 60(?) munitions and still very spammable. Dont see the problem with it and SU need a munition sink anyway, at least when theyre not spamming guards and 10 fire barrages.

Biggest problem, however, is how similar the unit is to the SU85. The biggest 2 differences are health and armour. While health can be an issue if youre not careful and constantly babysit your su76, its not too much of an issue since the unit outranges pretty much anything its supposed to counter. So proper micro will keep the unit out of harms way, making health mostly meaningless, unless youre dealing with sneaky shreck blobs. And armour, well. Does it matter at this point? A panther will flat out 100% pen both an SU76 and SU85 and while the P4 doesnt get 100% on the frontal armour of an SU85, it still does the job reliably(besides, why engage a tank destroyer from the front when you got a turret yourself...).

So to me, as someone who rarely touches SU, it wouldnt make any sense to tech up and replace the 76 by the 85. 76 is cheaper and the only differences between the units are negligible when it comes down to it.

I will go in line with what most ppl have said, and vote for a decrease in pen, making it reliably pen a p4 and below and having issues with the frontal armour of heavies and panthers. 180 pen should be suffient. That way it can 100% pen a a p4 but will have a 60% chance or so for the panther, sort of forcing your hand to upgrade to the 85, unless you already got tons of zis supporting your 76 or you got the shit mined out of the map. Oh and Id also like to see the aforementioned price on the barrage ability. Doesnt have to be huge and 10 muni seems negligible compared to the 60 of the zis, when both abilities are essentially doing the same thing and the 76 can bail within seconds, unlike a zis.

Pretty much this!
+1

Well thought out and reasonable.
15 Sep 2015, 23:48 PM
Donator 11

Brits are UP in 4vs4 and 2vs2 becouse of sniper spam and panther spam
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 40
Sweden 33
Poland 8
United States 14