Login

russian armor

1v1 USF improvement

10 Sep 2015, 18:23 PM

Pretty close match. Hilarity ensues. Any advice/criticism welcome.
10 Sep 2015, 18:27 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

• DONT Instapick doctrines
  • Dont build a fighting pit so early unless its an aggressive one.
  • Bad engagements at times,With USF,you must realize when you simply cannot win a fight,and GTFO ASAP to minimize bleed and damage.
  • You must also pick your fights decisively,dont go in unless you're bring some force with you and you have a purposeful objective. Otherwise youre just bleeding and hosting a veterancy farm.
  • IF youre gonna place a defensive pit,place it on your cutoff.
  • Nice call and play with the AA HT
  • Nice and interesting unit composition throughout the game
  • There was a pak sitting abandonded in the pink Sakura trees on the left side for the entirety of the game after you cleared it,why you no steal? Was it cursed?
  • Your compositions only weakness is the lack of rock hard anti tank. Bazookas,and a pack howie are SOFT counters to armor,not hard counters. One 57mm would lower the impact of this panzer IV signiifacantly
  • You let his panzer IV do alot more damage than it needed to do.
  • M10 and armor company.,Easy 8 Sherman and rifle,are both better options and doctrine for waht you were trying to do. I love double/triple officer tech gameplay. But airborne isn't the best commander for it.
  • Ping?

Good game,you had me on the edge of my seat for a bit but you pulled off dat win. Well played chap
6 Oct 2015, 01:47 AM

• DONT Instapick doctrines
  • Dont build a fighting pit so early unless its an aggressive one.
  • Bad engagements at times,With USF,you must realize when you simply cannot win a fight,and GTFO ASAP to minimize bleed and damage.
  • You must also pick your fights decisively,dont go in unless you're bring some force with you and you have a purposeful objective. Otherwise youre just bleeding and hosting a veterancy farm.
  • IF youre gonna place a defensive pit,place it on your cutoff.
  • Nice call and play with the AA HT
  • Nice and interesting unit composition throughout the game
  • There was a pak sitting abandonded in the pink Sakura trees on the left side for the entirety of the game after you cleared it,why you no steal? Was it cursed?
  • Your compositions only weakness is the lack of rock hard anti tank. Bazookas,and a pack howie are SOFT counters to armor,not hard counters. One 57mm would lower the impact of this panzer IV signiifacantly
  • You let his panzer IV do alot more damage than it needed to do.
  • M10 and armor company.,Easy 8 Sherman and rifle,are both better options and doctrine for waht you were trying to do. I love double/triple officer tech gameplay. But airborne isn't the best commander for it.
  • Ping?

Good game,you had me on the edge of my seat for a bit but you pulled off dat win. Well played chap

When playing USF, how do you pick doctrines to react to opponents? Also, if you're trying the triple officer and not going airborne, what do you use?
6 Oct 2015, 07:46 AM

Triple officers without fuel units (or only m20) = rifle company is a good option so you do not delay that much your first sherman
You use .50 + atgun + pack which are heavy MP use, so it is a bit difficult to maintain them with a para squad.
Also Airborne is good to skip T1, Para + 1919 are acting like a more mobile .50 + pathfinder squad to snipe models.

Triple officers with a fuel unit (like HT or Stuart) = armor company so you can delay the major after your 1st M10.
M10 + Stuart are a good combo vs any armor < super heavy.

My personal thought is triple officer gameplay requires to be a lot more aggressive. You should be dominating if you build Lieutenant and captain so at least be able to deny enough your opponent fuel point to balance your fuel investment.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 32
Peru 3
United States 1
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %