Login

russian armor

Balance Preview Update 09/08/2015

PAGES (18)down
8 Sep 2015, 19:27 PM

What's the point of a tank destroyer if it does have a tiny advantage over heavy versatile tanks

incoming:

Pershing armor to 270
Pershing range 30 to 31
8 Sep 2015, 19:28 PM

If you have ever captured a USF AT gun as OKW you will know nirvana as you cut through his tanks like nothing because the shit pen on it doesn't matter. Like if your trying to make the argument that Axis should have faster firing but lower pen AT guns your asking to make shit a lot harder for USF lol.
8 Sep 2015, 19:29 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Sep 2015, 17:53 PMRollo
So more MP added to tech costs, comet nerfed and still no changes to tommies or teching? Also a nerf to the Wasp which was pretty much your only crutch to get you through the early game.

The only change to the brit sniper was letting him fire standing, so presumably he will still aim his rifle like an OAP and be hopeless against the wehr snipers predator camo.

Bren camo detection was nice but I'm willing to bet the 222 will benefit from this a lot more.

Relic pls, I just want brits to be viable in 1's.

Exactly my thoughts.

My GOD Relic, why have you always, always, ALWAYS been so absolutely braindead when it comes to balancing? It's the bane of all your titles. Learn to do your damn job or at least try playing your own game for a week first.
8 Sep 2015, 19:29 PM

If the comet was getting nerfed, I rather it being a nerf to its attack range. 50 range is really too much for a tank that can attack infantry. Plus the stug only get 50 range as well.

Thats kind of one if the big things differentiating it from being an oversized cromwell, though.
8 Sep 2015, 19:31 PM

Whats about vickers veterancy 1 bug?
8 Sep 2015, 19:31 PM

Format and stats provided by Svanh on official forums and coh2-stats.

Here's a comparison of "heavy" mediums from the factions. I too would rather see a reduction of range for the comets than the current changes it's received. The Panther may not have the AI capability of other tanks in its cannon, but its pintle mounted MG42 is an effective AI upgrade.

I too would like to see some changes to the KV series of tanks, as they're sitting in an underutilized awkward spot right now.
8 Sep 2015, 19:33 PM

Thats kind of one if the big things differentiating it from being an oversized cromwell, though.

well, it was really an oversized cromwell. Similar to how the E8 is an oversized sherman and the t34 85 is an oversized t34 76.

8 Sep 2015, 19:34 PM

Format and stats provided by Svanh on official forums and coh2-stats.

Here's a comparison of "heavy" mediums from the factions. I too would rather see a reduction of range for the comets than the current changes it's received. The Panther may not have the AI capability of other tanks in its cannon, but its pintle mounted MG42 is an effective AI upgrade.

I too would like to see some changes to the KV series of tanks, as they're sitting in an underutilized awkward spot right now.

The reload on the OKW panthers is 7.5 seconds flat.

8 Sep 2015, 19:35 PM
Senior Mapmaker Badge

The British medium tanks are between PIV and panther
8 Sep 2015, 19:36 PM

If you have ever captured a USF AT gun as OKW you will know nirvana as you cut through his tanks like nothing because the shit pen on it doesn't matter. Like if your trying to make the argument that Axis should have faster firing but lower pen AT guns your asking to make shit a lot harder for USF lol.

USF and Sov armor have less armor in general. So the 57mm would be more effectivess against the USF's own armor.

Also you do know that the the Pak40 only has 10 more pen than the ZiS gun does right, and the Rackten has the same penetration as a ZiS gun.

the pak40 do fire faster, and that's really the biggest advantage the pak40 have.
8 Sep 2015, 19:36 PM

Gun's? Were? Axis has 1 AT gun and one mobile rocket platform.

It's not like the Pak43 has been out of meta for ages since artillery proliferation became a thing.

Zooks got a price reduction to make them easier to get in more plentiful numbers, and the PTRS has AI utility the Shrek does not. Outside of RNG snipes all the factions are now on a much more level playing field than they ever were before.

Axis (especially OKW) has to fight a lot of armor. And are you implying British units do not have good armor? Also you do know that the the Pak40 only has 10 more pen than the ZiS gun does right, and the Rackten has the same penetration as a ZiS gun.

You are hopleless here. No point of keeping it.
Im showing how your logic is invalid and broken and you tell me that pak43 is out of meta, while it has nothing to do with it.

Best at guns belong to axis yet they face paper armor for which is impossible to bounce Pak shell or even schreck (chance to bounce for E8 is just pure laught).

Yet you say that IS should not have 45 because it's not facing 60 range, but you dont want to apply that logic to axis units.

Im saying about paper armour, you about amount of tanks. Again, you just jump around the point.

On the other hand bazooka and 57mm with bad penetration must face a lot bigger armour.
Yes, zis is good but still worse.

Im not saying nerf axis at, buff allied.
Im saying how your logic is defined for axis on this one.

Plus, I dont take brits into this, because they are still during beta process.

No point of keeping this. Im done.
8 Sep 2015, 19:37 PM

Hm, can't find those numbers on coh2-stats. Where did you find those numbers?
8 Sep 2015, 19:38 PM

No, it's 6.1-6.4

I'm in the files and if you want a screen I'll show you

http://i.imgur.com/atotaL4.png
8 Sep 2015, 19:39 PM
Benefactor 115

Other than the removal of the shared cooldown on commanders there hasnt been much change from the initial alpha to retail launch.

Do they just ignore all of that feedback and continue worshiping at the altar of metrics which does result in giving you a bigger picture of the player base doesn't really help your game.

It would be really helpful if they can decide what game mode they want to actually balance for instead of trying to please everybody because in the end you end up pleasing no body.

All the game modes are a joke quite frankly, from 1v1 up to 4v4.
8 Sep 2015, 19:39 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Can we please not turn this thread into a shit flinging circus.

Give them feedback. Thats all they want to read.
8 Sep 2015, 19:40 PM

it's 6.4-6.1 second reload with a 1 second wind down added on top, meaning it's 7.25 second reload on average. 7.375 second if you include the fire aim time.
8 Sep 2015, 19:40 PM

Shall you guys look into the reinforcement cost of Infantry sections? They are 35 and one of the most expensive main combat infantry in the game. Extremely manpower bleeding is guaranteed.
8 Sep 2015, 19:42 PM
Benefactor 115

Can we please not turn this thread into a shit flinging circus.

Give them feedback. Thats all they want to read.

There was a whole alpha forum full of feedback and to me it doesnt feel like much has been changed.

The concerns about snipers vs Brits are still there, the oppressive late game is still there, the OTT commando damage is still there and many issues that were raised during the alpha that from my perspective haven't been addressed.
8 Sep 2015, 19:42 PM

it's 6.4-6.1 second reload with a 1 second wind down added on top, meaning it's 7.25 second reload on average. 7.375 second if you include the fire aim time.

Where did you find that 1 second of windup?

NVM found it, but that is not relevant.
8 Sep 2015, 19:43 PM

What's the point of a tank destroyer if it does have a tiny advantage over heavy versatile tanks
So what? Then let´s increase the Stug range to 60 if every AT unit must have more range. I didn´t see any of the people who are currently crying about the Tiger range, complain about the IS-2 having the same range as Stugs on vet2. Don´t make a problem out of a Tiger which is finally effective. It´s just the usual germanophobia on this forum. -.-
PAGES (18)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 882
unknown 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak