Login

russian armor

Fallschirmjäger: Spacing , Abilities and Alternatives

8 Sep 2015, 16:11 PM

Hey guys!

Since Axis is a bit underpopulated atm, I started playing as OKW. I really fell in love with the Fallschirmjäger unit, but sometimes have issues making them spread out in the open, leading to random wipes even at high veterancy (lost me close games twice). Am I doing something wrong or is their pathfinding bit iffy/bugged?

Is it worth using Valiant Assault often? Couldn't find the accurate stat buffs it gives.

Also how do you guys decide between them and Breakthrough with the awesome Panzerfusiliers? Is the higher dps of falls worth their higher price and being only 4 men?

Thanks!
8 Sep 2015, 16:17 PM

Hey guys!
Am I doing something wrong or is their pathfinding bit iffy/bugged?

Yes.

Is it worth using Valiant Assault often? Couldn't find the accurate stat buffs it gives.

It only makes your troops move slightly faster and gives 25% more accuracy, which isn't very much considering most OKW units have high accuracy to begin with. It's not worth the munitions.

Also how do you guys decide between them and Breakthrough with the awesome Panzerfusiliers? Is the higher dps of falls worth their higher price and being only 4 men?

Pfuss are much more efficient and have a lot better scaling.
8 Sep 2015, 17:00 PM

Thanks for the reply Alex!

I was worried that would be the answer... wish there was a way to make them viable.

In regards to Breakthrough. I love the Pfuss with the G43 too, but hae issues using the other abilities correctly.
1) The Jagdtiger shots always seems to hit little dirt mounds or get stuck on walls?! Not sure how to get nice line of sight with this guy
2) Is the arty regarded as efficient?

What is a potential build order that doesnt go heavy on Volks? (Currently dislike the unit)
I am trying 2 Sturms and a Kubel into 2 leIGs and Puppchen supported by a Jagdpanzer IV and 2-3 Falls/Pfuss. I seem to have issues keeping map control due to late infantry.

Against Brits is it possible to go early Mechanized HQ instead of Battlegroup? I always want/need the healing from the truck early.

Thanks!
8 Sep 2015, 17:07 PM

The new squad spacing is live in the september balance mod, check it out. Its great. Hope the update will go in the live version soon
8 Sep 2015, 17:10 PM

The new squad spacing is live in the september balance mod, check it out. Its great. Hope the update will go in the live version soon

I thought it was already implemented and just bugged for the Fallschirmjäger! Thanks for the info
8 Sep 2015, 17:35 PM
Patrion 27

Spacing is in live. I haven't noticed and squiffiness in fals spacing though. Despite Valiant Assault being whatever, They are beasts vs Brits and can easily slaughter a sniper.
8 Sep 2015, 18:16 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Pfuss are much more efficient and have a lot better scaling.

IF you have the muni to do so.

Falls are worth on 1v1, considerable useful on 2v2 but losses value on higher modes (unless for sniping Katyushas or killing sniper/support weapons).

They require more babysitting than PF and some meathshield (Volks) in order to be as effective as possible. In contrast you can just "blob" PF.

Faust > AT nade and do not overestimate using the cancer smoke both offensive and defensive way.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★