Login

russian armor

"UKF SO OP".... well is it really?

• This thread is locked
PAGES (3)down
7 Sep 2015, 06:26 AM
Donator 11

You can overcome the manpower bleed by spamming sappers with brens, after you tech up. The problem is to survive to that point. The Spearhead doctrine with mortar halftracks and grenadier spam is pure cancer to the Brits, because that will wipe out troops and emplacements.
7 Sep 2015, 07:19 AM

The people calling for the all around nerfs to the UKF are primarily Axis players who are not used fighting non pushover tanks like the Churchill and Firefly. I say let this settle down, Axis players need some time to come up with strategies to effectively play against Brits.
7 Sep 2015, 07:24 AM
Patrion 310

You can overcome the manpower bleed by spamming sappers with brens, after you tech up. The problem is to survive to that point. The Spearhead doctrine with mortar halftracks and grenadier spam is pure cancer to the Brits, because that will wipe out troops and emplacements.

I dont think Bren spam will be that effective vs snipers when a single 222 will counter that easily.
7 Sep 2015, 07:31 AM

The people calling for the all around nerfs to the UKF are primarily Axis players who are not used fighting non pushover tanks like the Churchill and Firefly. I say let this settle down, Axis players need some time to come up with strategies to effectively play against Brits.

For a new comer like me..i take my time to watch some streamer..n watch my own replay to improve my gameplay

i dont want to go like "owh that thing is OP"..i want to like "owh in this situation i need to make this to counter that"
7 Sep 2015, 08:20 AM

For a new comer like me..i take my time to watch some streamer..n watch my own replay to improve my gameplay

i dont want to go like "owh that thing is OP"..i want to like "owh in this situation i need to make this to counter that"
Well said! I think we need to give it a couple more weeks and some viable strategies will appear.
7 Sep 2015, 09:16 AM
Donator 11

Puppetmaster, my opinion is that the Brits can't survive to the late game (in 4vs4) if the enemy knows what they do. Brits early game is so weak, because their infantry is too weak and expensive. They can't beat the Ostheer sniper, grenadier spam or early vehicles. And the Ostheer mortar halftrack wipes out complete squads.
7 Sep 2015, 09:26 AM

Puppetmaster, my opinion is that the Brits can't survive to the late game (in 4vs4) if the enemy knows what they do. Brits early game is so weak, because their infantry is too weak and expensive. They can't beat the Ostheer sniper, grenadier spam or early vehicles. And the Ostheer mortar halftrack wipes out complete squads.

I have to agree with Robert on this one Puppet. I've beaten so many brits by early - Early mid game because I killed almost all of their troops with sniper and MHT is indeed pure insanity upon the heads of the brits. It's not that the MHT is overperforming, but it's that the brits don't have any damn counter to the unit. Same as that they don't have AT-nades in early game. 7-8 min Luch mops up the whole gang in the base. ATG's are probably to slow to turn to kill it, since the Luch is so manouvrable.
7 Sep 2015, 09:29 AM

I think Crocodile is the only OP unit in UKF arsenal. This thing can take on whole army alone but its getting needed soon. UKF problems are many. Weak early game is one of them.
7 Sep 2015, 09:34 AM

I think Crocodile is the only OP unit in UKF arsenal. This thing can take on whole army alone but its getting needed soon. UKF problems are many. Weak early game is one of them.

AVRE too :P
7 Sep 2015, 09:41 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Sep 2015, 23:18 PMGLBZ
I think the problem is in Axis players. I mean they was not ready to face faction that have stock lategame units(comet/cherch) and can go defence. It's very different frome soviets (realay on commander heavaly,esp. in late game) and usf (early pushing and mobile force). It's need some time to understand who are they realy are.

. Put tellers everywhere. As a good russian player.
7 Sep 2015, 11:03 AM
Patrion 310

I have to agree with Robert on this one Puppet. I've beaten so many brits by early - Early mid game because I killed almost all of their troops with sniper and MHT is indeed pure insanity upon the heads of the brits. It's not that the MHT is overperforming, but it's that the brits don't have any damn counter to the unit. Same as that they don't have AT-nades in early game. 7-8 min Luch mops up the whole gang in the base. ATG's are probably to slow to turn to kill it, since the Luch is so manouvrable.

I'm confused, your saying Brit early game is week vs Ost (which it is). I said I can't see spamming brens to be an effective way of getting anywhere because one 222 counters them so easy yet you are "agreeing with him".

Can you provide a replay when bren spamming actually works vs Ost early game to back that up?

Also in a 4v4 scenario you wont be having 4x Brits, more likely 2x Sov 2x Brits which can help deal with early snipers.
7 Sep 2015, 11:23 AM

Was reacting on your earlier post. Don't know if bren spam would be effective
7 Sep 2015, 11:31 AM
Patrion 26

Brit infantry weak? Say what now?
Possibly the best regular infantry in the game right now that will only loose to Obbers that are in green cover from the start. Grens and Volks are no match to IS.
7 Sep 2015, 11:33 AM

personally i find 2v2's pretty balanced, just some little tweaks (bofors,centaur taking out paks frontally 1v1, ostheer mortar overperforming. i only play so axis tho
7 Sep 2015, 11:38 AM
Patrion 26

personally i find 2v2's pretty balanced, just some little tweaks (bofors,centaur taking out paks frontally 1v1, ostheer mortar overperforming. i only play so axis tho

How about 25 pounder 3 shooting an Elefant? :P
7 Sep 2015, 11:39 AM

Brit infantry weak? Say what now?
Possibly the best regular infantry in the game right now that will only loose to Obbers that are in green cover from the start. Grens and Volks are no match to IS.

Umm, grens>tommies atm.
Volks are cheapest inf in game and will still win vs tommies in close range.
Osttruppen beat tommies in close range in early game.

Where is that best mainline infantry?
Because in my book, that'll be rifles after the patch.

How about 25 pounder 3 shooting an Elefant? :P

You really live up to your name you know.

25 pounders deal 160 dmg and have troubles hitting the sector you told them to barrage.
7 Sep 2015, 11:49 AM
Patrion 26

Umm, grens>tommies atm.
Volks are cheapest inf in game and will still win vs tommies in close range.
Osttruppen beat tommies in close range in early game.

Where is that best mainline infantry?
Because in my book, that'll be rifles after the patch.

Playing brits never had an issue beating against Grens/Volks/Ost
You only loose to them if they get close or you attack move on them.

My bad I meant 17 pounder not 25
I wish I had a replay where it almost killed my elefant in 3 shots.
Next time it happens will be sure to upload it.
7 Sep 2015, 11:57 AM
Donator 11

Puppetmaster, if you read my two messages correctly you will understand the point. In my first message that you refer to, I wrote: "The problem is to survive to that point." That means that I mean that the early game is the problem for the Brits, but in the late game they can use sappers with brens (instead of tommys with brens), and solve part of the problem with manpower bleed.
7 Sep 2015, 12:22 PM

Playing brits never had an issue beating against Grens/Volks/Ost
You only loose to them if they get close or you attack move on them.

My bad I meant 17 pounder not 25
I wish I had a replay where it almost killed my elefant in 3 shots.
Next time it happens will be sure to upload it.

It's the cost of the unit and its up keep that makes IS bad in long game. Also necessity of using cover makes the situational. Sometimes you just can't stay in one.
7 Sep 2015, 12:47 PM

I think people should give it time its only been a week and new tactics need to be found out.

Too many folk have such a hardon for their ranks and wins v loss that instead of taking a few losses to try different things they instantly hit with the OP Card.

Here's a wee hint play as UKF and see how well they play if you can make so called OP unit A always win you the game and show said replays you might have a point if OP Unit A can't win you the match every-time because some canny sod has worked out how to counter it... then you learn said counter.

I mainly play USF which is probably in most peoples opinions the most gimped faction out there, but when something "OP" on the axis side keeps crunking me I switch to axis and test it myself... usually losing but finding out how to deal with said unit thus making it easier to deal with (only exception is the fecking walking stukka my opinion on that should be area not a predictable line).

Yes we can probably all agree the Bofors needs a tweak be that suppression, damage, rof, accuracy, health or a combination who knows. But how about this go give it a try and see how OP it really is....
PAGES (3)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS