Should nades get a nerf?
Option Distribution Votes
22%
78%
Total votes: 27
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
6 Sep 2015, 21:16 PM
Donator 11

Its kinda totally not ok to have a vet3 squad wiped becouse some damned halfdead one model volk vet0 squad throws a nade before retreat and wipes your precious well preserved squad which basicly won the engagement and youve already kinda switched to another area.

I think nade squad wiping should go, its not fun. At least one model should always make it alive. In exchange nade can get a buff vs garrisoned units.

BTW nades should not have any effect one crawling units or units under hit the dirt in the open simply becouse of basic laws of physics which even programmers/devs should understand.
6 Sep 2015, 21:18 PM

just... stop...
6 Sep 2015, 21:18 PM

Permanently Banned
Should you stop making threads?

Yes ☑

No
6 Sep 2015, 21:21 PM

I've got same ideas:

Its kinda totally not ok to have a vet3 squad wiped becouse some damned halfdead one model Rifleman/Gard/Infantrysection/PGren/.. No ALL INF vet0 squad throws a nade before retreat and wipes your precious well preserved squad which basicly won the engagement and youve already kinda switched to another area.

I think nade squad wiping should go, its like a shell from a 600mm Mörser Karl.. At least one model should always make it alive. In exchange nade can get a buff vs garrisoned units.

BTW nades should be like potatoes that they can be eaten or hug your enemy
6 Sep 2015, 21:52 PM

6 Sep 2015, 21:59 PM

Riflenade can be a real piece of crap, especially because the animation bugs sometimes and doesn't play. You can still fire it from the fog of war regularly, especially knowing an enemy position.

It's the easiest source of squad wiping in game (combined with LMG grens lasering left over models). It should definitely be more expensive, but then again Molis are solid this patch too but require actual teching.

During Brit beta riflenade seemed like it had been nerfed to decent levels actually, but that was reverted when they were released.
6 Sep 2015, 22:02 PM
Donator 11

Sorry to hear that you lost half your blob to a nade while rounding a corner. Really sucks...
6 Sep 2015, 22:11 PM
Patrion 14

There is only one issue with nades which is that they completely ignore cover at the moment. This will be fixed if the preview patch is any indication.

Other than that nades are fine. They are a way of countering vet other than vehicles which is a good thing for all factions and they are skill based: you can move out of the way, position your units in green cover etc.

The only exception here can be rifle grenades since the animation can bug out (no early indicator) and the nade warning triggers to late (when the nade is already half way - no time to move out of the way). They also allow to be used more easily behind shot blockers, since if you don't spot the animation, the chances or moving out of the way in time when you see it coming towards you are rather slim, other nades still have the time counter.

The new unit spacing out of cover also severely limit how effective nades are now.

In summation grenades are fine once the cover bonus is applied again.
6 Sep 2015, 22:14 PM

some of us are really joining the bait of the day lelz
6 Sep 2015, 22:17 PM

I have to agree with Sherlock. Grenades are totally fine. If you lose your vet 3 squad to a grenade it's just a thing to learn to micro. Check the minimap on blinking stuff and troops and check it out fast. I also lose squads to grenades. Well shit, haven't spend enough on my micro then
6 Sep 2015, 22:19 PM
Patrion 15

I don't think they deserve a nerf, but I do find it annoying that so many squads have free access to them.
6 Sep 2015, 23:48 PM

nades shouldn't need to be nerf I some times get a squad wipe from but most of the time you should be able to micro your units out of the even when not paying attention to that squad because there's usually and audio que
6 Sep 2015, 23:56 PM

Riflenade is the only nade that needs to be looked at, it just should not exist in its current form. Maybe molotov could use some tweaking too.

Gren blob walks into a HMG.

rifle nade

the end
7 Sep 2015, 15:44 PM

Well, just work on your micro and stop whying the threads all 2 days.. first panthers.. now this.
7 Sep 2015, 15:50 PM
Donator 11

i actually think, that some grenades should get a buff, after they have fixed the input lag (so never)
7 Sep 2015, 15:51 PM
Donator 22

Dear Mods,

is it possible to block pussywagonking for open polls.
Im going to donate 250$ for the OCF, if some ban him from this forum.:D
7 Sep 2015, 15:56 PM

Totally biased poll right thuurrrr.
No, they are perfectly fine.
7 Sep 2015, 15:56 PM

Dear Mods,

is it possible to block pussywagonking for open polls.
Im going to donate 250$ for the OCF, if some ban him from this forum.:D

mods do it for ocf

7 Sep 2015, 16:04 PM
Donator 22

mods do it for ocf

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %