Login

russian armor

P4 against the brits

8 Sep 2015, 14:49 PM

Remember mines, everyone.
8 Sep 2015, 19:56 PM

I honestly wish the tiger were more reliable because it feels too squishy for a heavy especially vs the brits because it feel like the frontal armor is silly putty. recently though I've been getting screwed a lot so hopefully the ostwind and 2 stugs work & by the way is T2 even worth it other than the paks cause I'm also having issues w/ keeping infantry alive specifically the Grens and Pgrens and all the team weapons because of the 4 man squad models and I put a lot of effort into trying to keep these squads alive and I can't seem to perform as well now as I did b4 british forces were released. by the way i wish they would make the Tiger function how it did during the war because it seems to be taken out of context by its performance.
8 Sep 2015, 20:15 PM

Permanently Banned
Stugs with TWP and bye bye Brit tanks.
9 Sep 2015, 05:43 AM

Churchills? Spam stugs
Comets? Spam stugs
Cromwells? Stugs + panzerfaust

Stugs are literally the downfall of British tanks, support them and micro them well and you will win tank duels.
9 Sep 2015, 19:52 PM
Donator 11

I've found very little use of the P4 against UKF as well. Unless you can dominate fuel early game (certainly possible) and rush it I just don't see the real value of getting a P4 out instead of going for a Stug or waiting for something bigger. I've been playing ostheer vs UKF with the same mentality that I use for USF against ostheer - hit them as early and as hard as possible and spend your fuel to preemptively counter their armor instead of relying on medium tanks to do damage.
10 Sep 2015, 14:52 PM

Dont build P4s, build StuGs.

+2

After getting my PzKpfw IV wacked by a Crom too many times when it shouldn't vs Brits, I looked up the stats. StuG III's FTW. Now I build StuGs. I don't like the OstHeer PzKpfw IV much. I still field one because of the turret if a Panther isn't a viable or wise choice, but now after and usually in conjunction with a StuG or StuGs.

Despite the disadvantage of their casemate mounted gun, I've found them to be significantly more effective vs armour, and cheaper, so you can have more of them sooner which is even better. Supported, I've found them adequate against Churchills & Fireflies, but watch it with Cromwells because of the Crom's manoeuvrebility. Like PAKs ensure you have veh only targeting selected so the StuG won't 'hunt'. Getting in that first shot/hit is often the critical decider which can tip the balance.

13 Sep 2015, 19:19 PM

Churchills? Spam stugs
Comets? Spam stugs
Cromwells? Stugs + panzerfaust

Stugs are literally the downfall of British tanks, support them and micro them well and you will win tank duels.

Yes and no.

Better than P4 no doubt. But you still cannot count on a Stug to defeat any British tank (except the Valentine) 1 on 1. So you need a pair or a bunch. And it's quite a mess to micro. So easy to circle for the brit if there are any significant obstacles on the map.

There always seems to be SOMETHING that makes the backing-up Stug decide to stop and go slowly rotating instead. Bang! You're dead, mate. Haw-haw!
17 Sep 2015, 04:34 AM

Yes and no.

Better than P4 no doubt. But you still cannot count on a Stug to defeat any British tank (except the Valentine) 1 on 1. So you need a pair or a bunch. And it's quite a mess to micro. So easy to circle for the brit if there are any significant obstacles on the map.

There always seems to be SOMETHING that makes the backing-up Stug decide to stop and go slowly rotating instead. Bang! You're dead, mate. Haw-haw!

You question the power of the stug, you infidel.
17 Sep 2015, 04:47 AM

P4s are useless vs Brits as I've found out. Spam STUGs and support them with a Pak40 or 2.
17 Sep 2015, 04:57 AM
Honorary Member Badge

I'm going to guess that P4s will be pretty bad vs E8s next patch. Given the strength of rifle company, and how often it was picked in automatch and past tournaments, P4 might only be useful against the Soviets soon.
17 Sep 2015, 06:33 AM

You question the power of the stug, you infidel.

I makes the sound of a tincan with screws and bolts being tossed around.

Even the bren carrier sounds better. /end of interficio
17 Sep 2015, 23:22 PM

I makes the sound of a tincan with screws and bolts being tossed around.

Even the bren carrier sounds better. /end of interficio

):
17 Sep 2015, 23:51 PM
Donator 11

Stugs with TWP and bye bye Brit tanks.

Even with the new TWP?

22 Sep 2015, 13:55 PM

Stugs has better at capabilities compared to the p4.
23 Sep 2015, 03:25 AM

Just sad that stug g lost it's stun ability. 1vs1 is fine, 2vs2 on larger maps with even only one brit is ridiculous.

I had 2 matches with one sowiet and one brit. Sowiet got always teared apart, but the brits steamroll with his tankforce even with multiple panthers and stugs at the same time.
23 Sep 2015, 03:37 AM

OKW Pz4 is even better than the Ost Pz4. With vet they become brutal killers.

I got 3x +5% armour buff for OKW and they become really good tanks with 265 armour :D
As a Brit player, this is true.
23 Sep 2015, 09:41 AM

It is the sunset for the panzer 4
It is still useful against Rus but against USA and UKF is just garbage
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak