Login

russian armor

[2v2] OKW opening vs brits

6 Sep 2015, 08:04 AM
Donator 11

Hello.

Playing 2v2 on axis side as OKW. Do you guys think a double Sturmpioneer opening is viable against brits?

Volks seem very weak and shrecks are not really needed in abundance. In early they loose against tommies, in mid there are not many light vehicles around and in late most brit tanks have strong AI capabilities making AT infantry an mp drain (centaur, chromwell, comet, churchill).

Could it make sense to go Volks, Volks, Sturms instead of triple Volks? If, yes, in combination with which commander do you think this is usefull?

Appreciate any thoughts on that matter. cheers.
6 Sep 2015, 23:02 PM
Donator 11

Seriously? No one?

Oh, i forgot. There are only 3% axis player around... :)
6 Sep 2015, 23:11 PM

Hello.

Playing 2v2 on axis side as OKW. Do you guys think a double Sturmpioneer opening is viable against brits?

Volks seem very weak and shrecks are not really needed in abundance. In early they loose against tommies, in mid there are not many light vehicles around and in late most brit tanks have strong AI capabilities making AT infantry an mp drain (centaur, chromwell, comet, churchill).

Could it make sense to go Volks, Volks, Sturms instead of triple Volks? If, yes, in combination with which commander do you think this is usefull?

Appreciate any thoughts on that matter. cheers.
It's exactly what I do. Sturm, Volk, Sturm, Volk.

Tier 1, Retreat Point, ISG, Jagdpanzer, ISG.

Branch out from there depending on needs in the game.

Commander doesn't really matter, though I usually end up taking Luftwaffe for Falls, or Breakthrough for Fusiliers.

And yes, get 2 Shrecks ASAP, otherwise Bren Flamers will eat you alive.
6 Sep 2015, 23:14 PM

I play with my friend who play as OKW and i play as Ostheer. He always go first kubel and goes across half map to suppres incoming capping unit, then goes two volks and then AT and then builds Medic truck becuase of howitzers. A must have as OKW against AT, AA and mortar emplacement. Stuka has long cooldown and when ur ready to shoot again emplacement was repaired long time ago. Thats his strat, lacks map control but when it gets tight i send something to help.
6 Sep 2015, 23:46 PM
Donator 11

Just save fuel for a panther
7 Sep 2015, 01:12 AM

my usual build order for OKW is Kubel strum volk volk volk for 2v2 chose medic to fight USF and mech then stuka if SU T2 weapon team spam or there is alot buildings in the map...

Kubel rush to choake point and strum will cap two flags on the way then follow kubel to push off enemy infantry. 2nd strum is to rush back up kubel because by that time usually the first strum will lose two model already, 2nd strum will either help kubel lock down the choake point even longer or cover kubel retreat path so you don't lose it too early. then volks caps everything behind
7 Sep 2015, 01:39 AM

Getting 2or 3 sturms works pretty fine, their concentrated fire can pull out those unupgraded universal carriers and will win agains infantry sections, still, they are a bit too exposed vs vickers if they see you first, once they get on a building you need to wait for Puma...
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★