Login

russian armor

Tactical Support Regiment artillery cover

6 Sep 2015, 06:48 AM

Ability is crazy good. 250 mun is expensive obviously but imo it's worth every penny.

Fairly good radius, enemy tanks (that you have line of site on) get hit by artillery that does crits on them. Infantry, support weapons etc get hit by intermittent mortar fire. If the enemy does not GTFO out of the sector they'll get mopped up right quick. When your tanks get seriously wounded they start getting covered in smoke shells to cover their retreat!

It's actually an ability I like conceptually (the phased operation stuff) but it might be a little too good. Anyone else bought the commander / lucked out in the lottery and tried it?
6 Sep 2015, 08:22 AM
Donator 11

I love it.

Axis made a basic lolarmor rush with 10-15 tanks (this was 4on4, just to illustrate) and i popped it. Right after most of their tanks was stunned or almost dead, someone dropped that long bomber strike.

IT WAS GLORIOUS. two screens just wanished in exploitions and, sure, i lost everything i had but so did they mostly.

Call it OP but we lost the game anyway, but damned it was fun se 5 panthers just go poof when stunned and then they get bombed hard.

2-3 ukf that coordinate their ability and MU spending can sure clear out any and ALL opposition. Love those games where OKW foolishly make a sim city on a part of map with 5-6 buildings and then they are just craters a minute later.
6 Sep 2015, 10:42 AM

The speed with which it stuns and the radius in which it stuns / causes engine damage might be too good. It's sort of the antithesis of the recent faust change. I really enjoyed using it but I can imagine it basically winning a game for you that you "shouldn't" have been able to. Bombing run is easy to avoid unless it's static emplacements but this one is kind of not.
6 Sep 2015, 10:48 AM

is this the almost same ability where bomb drop like hell when using Encirclement??

How does the ability work tho?..:):gimpy:
6 Sep 2015, 11:00 AM

is this the almost same ability where bomb drop like hell when using Encirclement??

How does the ability work tho?..:):gimpy:

You cast it on an area, a circle appears on the map, and any enemy vehicles will get intermittently struck with shells that stun or apply criticals (e.g. engine damage). Any infantry / weapon teams will periodically get a small light mortar barrage that does a bit of damage and suppression. To stop this from happening either line of sight must be obscured, or units must leave the area of effect.

It's not so dangerous in and of itself, its more that when combined with a well timed armor push, it can result in the total destruction of whole forces of tanks.
6 Sep 2015, 11:07 AM

You cast it on an area, a circle appears on the map, and any enemy vehicles will get intermittently struck with shells that stun or apply criticals (e.g. engine damage). Any infantry / weapon teams will periodically get a small light mortar barrage that does a bit of damage and suppression. To stop this from happening either line of sight must be obscured, or units must leave the area of effect.

It's not so dangerous in and of itself, its more that when combined with a well timed armor push, it can result in the total destruction of whole forces of tanks.

soo meaning awareness is the key to Survive..^_^ i thought it was like click n Boom tank dead style..that would be Unwanted..i nvr encounter that Commander soo just wanna know.

i do hope some 1 will try to use it on me..to practice my awareness :hyper:
6 Sep 2015, 11:29 AM

I have this commander and he can be meta in 1 vs 1.

1. command tank whitch doubles accuracy nad dps of every unit near its radiu + it get free recon that almost reveal whole eidhoven map when is command tankin centre.

2. for 150 muny you get mg and at gun + also your units fight A LOT better in friendly sectors. If you crew at gun and mg with pios you get something like 3 MP for 1 munition and USF sufferes from mp bleed so badly so even that mediccrate (like from luftwafle) and at gun + mg are worth.

3. that ability you pointed whitch is super great

4. scavenge enginners are bit of meh cause they cant build emplacements but still good for crewing and repairing and fighting for 430 mp

5. command hq that cost 60 fuel and 200 Mp

it give you big radius (crircle around it that covers 80 % of eidhover coutry map) where you can call smoke barrage for 60 muny , time on target arty (like usa one) for 120 munny
typhoon rocket plane + machine gun plane for 150 munny (ability from commander that have churchill crocie and hq glider)

and last think that is does is recon plane for 60 muny i think.

Overall great commander with great synenerzy of abilities
6 Sep 2015, 11:33 AM

It's a very ammo intensive commander and it is a bit like an ISU commander, if you can't counter it, you are going to have a serious problem. The constant stuns are broken though.
6 Sep 2015, 11:34 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Sep 2015, 08:22 AMhenka
I love it.

Axis made a basic lolarmor rush with 10-15 tanks (this was 4on4, just to illustrate) and i popped it. Right after most of their tanks was stunned or almost dead, someone dropped that long bomber strike.

IT WAS GLORIOUS. two screens just wanished in exploitions and, sure, i lost everything i had but so did they mostly.

Call it OP but we lost the game anyway, but damned it was fun se 5 panthers just go poof when stunned and then they get bombed hard.

2-3 ukf that coordinate their ability and MU spending can sure clear out any and ALL opposition. Love those games where OKW foolishly make a sim city on a part of map with 5-6 buildings and then they are just craters a minute later.
Please tell me you have a replay. I would love to see that. :)
6 Sep 2015, 13:41 PM

I have this commander and he can be meta in 1 vs 1.

1. command tank whitch doubles accuracy nad dps of every unit near its radiu + it get free recon that almost reveal whole eidhoven map when is command tankin centre.

2. for 150 muny you get mg and at gun + also your units fight A LOT better in friendly sectors. If you crew at gun and mg with pios you get something like 3 MP for 1 munition and USF sufferes from mp bleed so badly so even that mediccrate (like from luftwafle) and at gun + mg are worth.

3. that ability you pointed whitch is super great

4. scavenge enginners are bit of meh cause they cant build emplacements but still good for crewing and repairing and fighting for 430 mp

5. command hq that cost 60 fuel and 200 Mp

it give you big radius (crircle around it that covers 80 % of eidhover coutry map) where you can call smoke barrage for 60 muny , time on target arty (like usa one) for 120 munny
typhoon rocket plane + machine gun plane for 150 munny (ability from commander that have churchill crocie and hq glider)

and last think that is does is recon plane for 60 muny i think.

Overall great commander with great synenerzy of abilities

I haven't noticed it calling in a rocket plane as well as the machine gun one, are you sure it does? I'm a bit torn on the command HQ ability for it's price.

Can you upgrade scavenge engineers to heavy engineers with Anvil?
6 Sep 2015, 18:45 PM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Sep 2015, 13:41 PMJonky

Can you upgrade scavenge engineers to heavy engineers with Anvil?

No, they come with minesweepers and you can't upgrade engies with any other upgrade with the "heavy engineer" ability.
6 Sep 2015, 19:27 PM

Those Scavenge Eniges are meh and the HQ isn't good on Big maps. but on smaller ones yeah it is decent, but the Muni costs across the whole Commander are a bit too much, IMO.
6 Sep 2015, 19:34 PM

YOu guys are forgoting the hallmark of this commader. 150 muny drop.
It change brits from mp heavy faction to strong combined arms faction that will survive until mediums hit the fiel and then with komets you know what to do.

It can be as broken as CAS smuny conversion if used properly.
6 Sep 2015, 20:20 PM

YOu guys are forgoting the hallmark of this commader. 150 muny drop.
It change brits from mp heavy faction to strong combined arms faction that will survive until mediums hit the fiel and then with komets you know what to do.

It can be as broken as CAS smuny conversion if used properly.

Assuming you recrew with RE (no use if you use IS), it's going to cost you 104 MP for the AT gun and the Vickers (208 MP). Then reinforcing the RE is 78 MP; so you're paying a total of 288 MP after crewing the weapons and saving 272 MP for spending 150 munitions, which is under a 2:1 trade.

It's good, and in team games great for dropping to conscripts too (could allow no T2 from soviets). I've used it at least once every game with the commander but I'm not sure it's the world changing thing you describe.
6 Sep 2015, 23:57 PM

Really what this doc needs is a fuel-> mun conversion :snfPeter:
7 Sep 2015, 07:49 AM

The scavenge engies and fortified outpost upgrade are both a little meh IMO. Like someone said, the outpost upgrade is kinda bad on big maps because the radius only goes so far. The strafing run is pretty good, but all the other abilities on the building are pretty meh and you are better off using the muni for the arty cover or to call in weapons.

The idea of calling in weapons for muni only is good and allows you a lot of options since you are freeing up so much manpower. You can't really rely on the ability in lieu of building an MG or AT gun, though, because I believe it's a 4CP ability. You will be dealing with tanks and blobs well before then.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★