Login

russian armor

Community effort to create native language option

23 Sep 2015, 16:46 PM

Wish there was a way to "like" stuff on this forum.

I would love this option and I know everyone else I play with would as well.

if this project is approved by relic and is successful i will consider playing the axis forces
26 Sep 2015, 01:08 AM

26 Sep 2015, 13:06 PM
Donator 11

Don't know if anybody thought about it but there are 2 partisant units in the game that are actually polish. That's why those 2 units probably should get polish sound files for native language option, not russian ones. What do you think guys?
28 Sep 2015, 05:19 AM

Don't know if anybody thought about it but there are 2 partisant units in the game that are actually polish. That's why those 2 units probably should get polish sound files for native language option, not russian ones. What do you think guys?

yea that too we're still playing the waiting game on relic's side
1 of 2 Relic postsRelic 30 Sep 2015, 18:08 PM
Developer Relic Badge

Hey Guys,

So I did have a chat with the game team on this and it is something that has been in the backlog for some time. I have proposed the communities suggestions here to the engineering team but it appears there is more work involved then it would seem to have this implemented. The engineering team still thinks it would be easier for Relic to add the option ourselves but unfortunately prioritizing it against other features and work is the challenge. Therefore this will continue to move up the backlog as we know it is something that players want and would like to have.

There is something that we would be open to getting community support with however. If the community is interested in focusing their energy on making some Theatre of War packs that we could add to our TOW section in the game, this is something we could see happening in the future. USF or UKF TOW packs anyone?
30 Sep 2015, 18:16 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Sep 2015, 18:08 PMKyle_RE
There is something that we would be open to getting community support with however. If the community is interested in focusing their energy on making some Theatre of War packs that we could add to our TOW section in the game, this is something we could see happening in the future. USF or UKF TOW packs anyone?

Now that's something!
30 Sep 2015, 18:16 PM

I would be very interested in TOW packs for those factions but think it would be better for Relic themselves to make them, since you guys can add custom voices. If the community made them, the missions won't have any voice acting added at all.
30 Sep 2015, 18:37 PM

Pls;. UKF, USF and OKW TOW packs...make them real. They are fun to play and work for both side (not multiplayer paid content, but very entertaining single-player stuff). TOWs up to '43 are amazing...pls make more!
30 Sep 2015, 22:23 PM

Thanks for the response, Kyle! It's nice to hear from you. I totally understand that Relic thinks it would be more efficient to do this task in-house.

Now, when you say community-made ToW packs, does that mean actual community made-missions taken from the workshop and put into the base game? Or is this more of a direct collaboration with Relic to get ideas made into actual missions? Would community members work alongside Relic staff? I'm just curious as to how that would work. At any rate, I think it's a cool idea.
2 of 2 Relic postsRelic 1 Oct 2015, 00:34 AM
Developer Relic Badge

It wouldn't necessarily be just Relic ideas made into missions. Anyone with a cool idea for a mission pack would definitely be considered.

Relic staff would be here to answer questions, give feedback/suggestions and support where needed but would more or less be hands-off. Obviously the final version would need to be approved, tested and verified by Relic before it was added to the game so working with us early on, pitching the idea and evaluating the mission through playtests as it is developed would be recommended to save everyone's time.
1 Oct 2015, 04:50 AM

Hey Guys,

So I did have a chat with the game team on this and it is something that has been in the backlog for some time. I have proposed the communities suggestions here to the engineering team but it appears there is more work involved then it would seem to have this implemented. The engineering team still thinks it would be easier for Relic to add the option ourselves but unfortunately prioritizing it against other features and work is the challenge. Therefore this will continue to move up the backlog as we know it is something that players want and would like to have.

that's a real bummer of bad news and here the community was ready to do their part and willing to do the dirty work... =( guess we got to wait even longer now sigh...
4 Oct 2015, 04:21 AM

bumping up even tho the plug on the project has been pulled we still have to make relic make this a priority since they had about 2+ years to do it but were unable to do so
9 Oct 2015, 04:00 AM

bumping it bak up the plug may have been pulled for this project but we gotta keep putting pressure towards relic in making this thing a priority
11 Oct 2015, 23:47 PM

11 Oct 2015, 23:51 PM

I know it's Relic so I have a pretty good idea of what the answer is, but I would imagine that Americans/OKW/Brit voice lines are actually fairly smartly laid out due to their later addition and the russian/german ones will be the biggest headache to sort because it will be a clusterfuck.

11 Oct 2015, 23:54 PM

I know it's Relic so I have a pretty good idea of what the answer is, but I would imagine that Americans/OKW/Brit voice lines are actually fairly smartly laid out due to their later addition and the russian/german ones will be the biggest headache to sort because it will be a clusterfuck.

lol but alot people wanted this option from the get-go so im sure its worth the trouble if we keep asking relic the hard questions...
12 Oct 2015, 02:51 AM

Oh, nice bump.

If they manage to change the voices to german for Ostheer, I would actually consider playing it again.

The horrible indian grenadier voices are so fucking off putting.
12 Oct 2015, 17:57 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Oct 2015, 02:51 AMJ1N6666
Oh, nice bump.

If they manage to change the voices to german for Ostheer, I would actually consider playing it again.

The horrible indian grenadier voices are so fucking off putting.

lol you and me both
13 Oct 2015, 19:58 PM

13 Oct 2015, 20:27 PM

Permanently Banned
Can someone please lock this? We got our answer, there is no need to bump this every day.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★