Login

russian armor

Balance Preview - Logistics Glider

5 Sep 2015, 20:23 PM

Seeing as to how they have had medics and resource bonuses removed, is this Glider, being 30 MP more expensive worth the Manpower anymore? They don't even spawn Commandos upon landing, but a four man officer squad. Should there be other adjustments to it to make it not seem like the inferior Glider?

Granted, it has it's uses as a Reinforcement Point but I'm discussing how it compares to the regular glider. It doesn't seem special anymore. Please correct me if I'm wrong here. :unsure:
5 Sep 2015, 20:25 PM

you can build commandos
5 Sep 2015, 20:27 PM
Patrion 14

Seeing as to how they have had medics and resource bonuses removed, is this Glider, being 30 MP more expensive worth the Manpower anymore? They don't even spawn Commandos upon landing, but a four man officer squad. Should there be other adjustments to it to make it not seem like the inferior Glider?

Granted, it has it's uses as a Reinforcement Point but I'm discussing how it compares to the regular glider. It doesn't seem special anymore. Please correct me if I'm wrong here. :unsure:

Think of it as a forward deployment building that can be called in anywhere. It doesn't have weapon racks, but comes with a squad and pre-researched retreat.

However I do think that with the changes, it should get the medics back, but as a passive unit like vanilla medics. I wouldn't consider it worth 540 mp really otherwise, especially since it can't be repaired.
5 Sep 2015, 20:28 PM
Donator 33

Well, for 560MP you get a reinforce/retreat point + the officer squad which has nice abilities and decent DPS (and also gets an extra man with vet I believe).

You can also get commandos for 150 less MP from that glider.

The ressouce bonus + medics was too much for only 560MP IMO.
5 Sep 2015, 20:29 PM

and the ressource boost have been removed..
5 Sep 2015, 20:29 PM

Id like to be able to repair it, like in Alpha, if that isnt too much to ask.

I dont understand why they did a profile of the medic squad if it doesnt exist anymore.
5 Sep 2015, 20:31 PM

Btw, the glider costed around 280 mp or something in Alpha.
5 Sep 2015, 20:40 PM
Donator 11

Without the resource boost I think medics could be added back to the glider. I think they should be attached to the glider kinda like the medic bunker though.
5 Sep 2015, 20:49 PM

I dont understand why they did a profile of the medic squad if it doesnt exist anymore.

Thats how development process goes.

Not everything that is made, voiced and animated makes it to the game.

But yea, now that resource boost is gone, the call-in is kind of pointless if you can't even repair it anymore.
5 Sep 2015, 21:00 PM

Thats how development process goes.

Not everything that is made, voiced and animated makes it to the game.

But yea, now that resource boost is gone, the call-in is kind of pointless if you can't even repair it anymore.

http://www.companyofheroes.com/blog/2015/07/31

I meant this where they showcase it on their blog as if it was about to release. Last minute change after they featured the thing...
10 Sep 2015, 15:11 PM

I really am starting to feel that the Logistics Glider would benefit GREATLY if it worked like the Glider HQ of CoH1, where it can reinforce whether it's cutoff or not. Would also justify the size of the Glider too. ;)
10 Sep 2015, 15:48 PM

http://www.companyofheroes.com/blog/2015/07/31

I meant this where they showcase it on their blog as if it was about to release. Last minute change after they featured the thing...

You're surprised?

They have butchered their own doctrinal design despite people loving it and it actually holding brits together in 1v1, some stuff was indeed op there, but look how core army 'prospers' without it.
10 Sep 2015, 15:54 PM

They removed the resource bonus and didn't lower the cost?

AHahahahhaah

The officer squad that comes out of it is useless. Best MP bleed in the game.
10 Sep 2015, 16:02 PM

Nerf is too large as is. There are a number of excellent suggestions in this thread to bring it back in line with its cost, late arrival, squishyness, and HUGE size.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★