Login

russian armor

Designate command tank ability

5 Sep 2015, 22:34 PM

They left the specification field blank, so it affects everything.

Are you sure?

At least the UI only shows your own units getting buffed, if tahts the case.
5 Sep 2015, 22:36 PM

It even affects emplacements.

Don't think it affects teammates though.
5 Sep 2015, 22:43 PM

Doesnt affect teammates.

Remove it anyways, itll happen to everything Brit sooner or later.
5 Sep 2015, 22:43 PM

Are you sure?

Everything as in both armor and infantry.

Just your units.
5 Sep 2015, 23:36 PM

Are you sure?

I mean everything by unit type, it doesn't effect your allies so they at least got that right. It should also be said I had to dig for a good 25 minutes to bloody find the stats and even then it was vague as hell so I'm going to go ahead and say much like other buggy things such as the Scoped Lee Relic went wrong somewhere.
5 Sep 2015, 23:49 PM

It does not affect allies.

Its affects emplacements.

Proper Sim city you can dream of:
6 Sep 2015, 00:19 AM

do not need to care my boy, lelican will never let you axis boys down.

brits will be nerfed to the ground just take a sit and watch...
6 Sep 2015, 13:24 PM

As usual, the weapon buffs are only to hardpoint 1, which is the main gun for any unit. Vehicle machine-guns are unaffected, and the Churchill Crocodile's cannon is also unaffected since the flamethrower is it's 'main gun'.

There's no designate command vehicle in a croc doctrine so you can't do it sadly :(
nee
6 Sep 2015, 14:16 PM

I wonder how silly it would get if you stole the Ostheer Command Pz IV or the OKW Command Panther and made them into command vehicles?

I don't think you can designate any non-British vehicle, though that's what the text implies, and I have not been able to try myself.

Wouldn't be terribly silly either, the tank would move slower and be a sitting duck.

IMO the movement penalty seems counterintuitive to the design. Maybe if it had a toggle to move slower but affects all allied units in its vicinity, whereas untoggled, it moves just as fast but only buffs your own vehicles and/or infantry. That or the buffs are increased at the cost of movement speed.
6 Sep 2015, 14:22 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Sep 2015, 13:24 PMJonky

There's no designate command vehicle in a croc doctrine so you can't do it sadly :(

Ah, true, forgot that. Well, unless a Croc can be abandoned by one player and then recrewed by another player with Designate Command Vehicle.

EDIT: Just checked the upgrade that the ability gives to the vehicle, and there's an action for the Croc (to make sure the correct UI symbol is used when it's converted), so technically it is possible if the Croc can be abandoned, or if a future Brit commander has both abilities.
6 Sep 2015, 14:26 PM

75 munition for any command vehicle of choice + free recon runs(which other factions has to pay for) + faster commander abilities recharge + command vehicle aura much better than other factions command vehicles :foreveralone::foreveralone::foreveralone::foreveralone:

Alright then
6 Sep 2015, 14:45 PM

75 munition for any command vehicle of choice + free recon runs(which other factions has to pay for) + faster commander abilities recharge + command vehicle aura much better than other factions command vehicles :foreveralone::foreveralone::foreveralone::foreveralone:

Alright then

Horribly nerfs the tank you put it on (0.25 reload! 0.5 speed!) and costs munitions for the privilege, I've done it with a churchill surrounded by fireflys. It was like a fat mother duck trying to roll somewhere while all her retarded ducklings seize around her (firefly pathing anyone?), and that was on the open fields of Vielsam.

The recon runs seem to be shot down more than any other plane in my experience, an OKW flak base in the vicinity ensures it won't even reach the command tank.

Seriously you are paying the fuel, MP, pop cap and munitions for what is a piece of junk with a great aura for the rest of your army. Churchills become so slow.
6 Sep 2015, 14:48 PM
Patrion 14

Command tank Carrier early game <444>3
6 Sep 2015, 15:46 PM

Basically, movile urban defense foward hq, recently nerfed
6 Sep 2015, 17:21 PM

Can confirm that you can't put it on captured tanks like a P4. Can confirm that it affects infantry, team weapons, and emplacements. 6 lber shoots like a semi automatic pistol with the buff. Can confirm it doesn't affect teammates.
5 Jan 2016, 16:27 PM

Was this nerfed? A wiki article says its only +10% accuracy.
5 Jan 2016, 17:31 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

i lied nvm :snfPeter:
5 Jan 2016, 17:54 PM

Command vehicle is best used on a Bren carrier now, if you really want it. You do get some free recon, but the buffs are basically 0 to your own units. The extremely slow speed and reload penalty on the command vehicle make this ability a throw away now.
5 Jan 2016, 18:21 PM

FFS... I was only using it because the guide said -30% received acc and other things etc...

Wiki has been updated it appears. Lovely.
5 Jan 2016, 18:23 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

FFS... I was only using it because the guide said -30% received acc and other things etc...

Wiki has been updated it appears. Lovely.

Yeah i had just updated it yesterday. Sorry :guyokay:
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS