Login

russian armor

Show Us Your Rig

PAGES (7)down
3 Mar 2017, 10:45 AM
Donator 11

The rest of the setup is meh, I would recommend getting a PSU that is a little more towards 750 because with that type of setup your going to want to overclock some things and 570w is cutting it close.

570watts is more than enough (if it is a good psu) for any pc with a single gpu today, even with serious overclocking
corsair has some PSUs, be quiet e10 and 11 are very good aswell. do NOT save money with the psu, because if the psu fails, it will barbecue your pc (happened to me once, never again)

Thanks man, so what is your recommendation for PSU and GPU? Also do I need to get some extra fans?
i personally would rather get a good 8GB rx480 custom than a 1060

Another point is that since I live in boardroom with limited space so my PC is literally stuck partly in the wall which made moving it around a real pain in the ass, any tips for how to clean your rig easily and how often should I clean my PC, usually I just open the case and use a brush to sweep the dust out.
get a good case with retrieveable dust filters

Is this deal better?

no, 99,99% of all prebuilt PCs are shit

3 Mar 2017, 14:27 PM

570watts is more than enough (if it is a good psu) for any pc with a single gpu today, even with serious overclocking
corsair has some PSUs, be quiet e10 and 11 are very good aswell. do NOT save money with the psu, because if the psu fails, it will barbecue your pc (happened to me once, never again)

i personally would rather get a good 8GB rx480 custom than a 1060get a good case with retrieveable dust filters
no, 99,99% of all prebuilt PCs are shit

Thanks man so I for PSU I intend to get a Corsair CX 750M just to be on the safe side, for cases any good recommendation?
Also apart from all the above necessities above, anything else I should look for?

Thanks a lot.
3 Mar 2017, 15:48 PM
Donator 11

Thanks man so I for PSU I intend to get a Corsair CX 750M just to be on the safe side, for cases any good recommendation?
Also apart from all the above necessities above, anything else I should look for?

750 watt is way oversized, 550w is on the safe side, trust me.
100w for cpu
250 for gpu
50 for rest
so you have 150 watts more than you need, which is 100% safe even when overclocked!

there are too many cases out there to give a clear recommendation, i personally have the phantek enthoo pro, whhich is not the cheapest but very good.

get a good cpu cooler, for 40 bucks you can get something which will last forever (the cpu cooler is the only thing i took from my last pc for my recent build)

and before buying, post your final decision here, so that nothing gets overlooked :)
3 Mar 2017, 16:54 PM

Just finished putting this together... slight overkill for CoH2, but I only build these about once every 5 years or so...

Mobo: ASUS Strix 270G Gaming (mATX)
CPU: Core i7 7700K (5.0 GHz)
GPU: EVGA SC2 GTX 1080
Memory: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance LED DDR4 3200
Cooler: NZXT Kraken X52
Hard Drive: Kingston HyperX Predator 480 GB M.2 SSD
PS: Corsair RM 850x

3 Mar 2017, 17:44 PM
Donator 11

Just finished putting this together... slight overkill for CoH2, but I only build these about once every 5 years or so...

Mobo: ASUS Strix 270G Gaming (mATX)
CPU: Core i7 7700K (5.0 GHz)
GPU: EVGA SC2 GTX 1080
Memory: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance LED DDR4 3200
Cooler: NZXT Kraken X52
Hard Drive: Kingston HyperX Predator 480 GB M.2 SSD
PS: Corsair RM 850x

Man, super sweet setup! I'm drooling.

Are those top fans Corsair SP120's?
3 Mar 2017, 17:53 PM
3 Mar 2017, 18:06 PM

Man, super sweet setup! I'm drooling.

Are those top fans Corsair SP120's?

i think so... just the fans that came with the case. i'm debating upgrading them with the maglev ones, but my wife would probably kill me if i spent any more money on this guy right now.
3 Mar 2017, 19:29 PM
Donator 11

i think so... just the fans that came with the case. i'm debating upgrading them with the maglev ones, but my wife would probably kill me if i spent any more money on this guy right now.

I hate those fans, not because they don't work but because they sound like a damn tractor when you start them up. BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ, I replaced mine with Coolermaster Sickleflow 120's for under 16 bucks.
3 Mar 2017, 19:30 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Mar 2017, 17:53 PMwouren

Sweet rig, hot potato sonnnn. Those must be fresh off farmer's market. Super fast, meaty Po TATe OES.
4 Mar 2017, 03:15 AM

I hate those fans, not because they don't work but because they sound like a damn tractor when you start them up. BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ, I replaced mine with Coolermaster Sickleflow 120's for under 16 bucks.

Oh yeah, you can totally hear when they get going. Initially I had them in parallel with the kraken's push fans but had to find new headers for them.
4 Mar 2017, 03:53 AM
Donator 11

Oh yeah, you can totally hear when they get going. Initially I had them in parallel with the kraken's push fans but had to find new headers for them.

What are headers?
4 Mar 2017, 18:25 PM

the sockets on the mobo that you plug the fans into. the kraken x52 has 4 fan headers built in, but they just run in parallel with the cpu fan header, so all my fans were running on the radiator fan speed. by plugging them in elsewhere, i can individually control them.
5 Mar 2017, 13:15 PM
Donator 11

the sockets on the mobo that you plug the fans into. the kraken x52 has 4 fan headers built in, but they just run in parallel with the cpu fan header, so all my fans were running on the radiator fan speed. by plugging them in elsewhere, i can individually control them.

Gotcha, thanks for explaining.
19 Mar 2017, 09:10 AM

750 watt is way oversized, 550w is on the safe side, trust me.
100w for cpu
250 for gpu
50 for rest
so you have 150 watts more than you need, which is 100% safe even when overclocked!

there are too many cases out there to give a clear recommendation, i personally have the phantek enthoo pro, whhich is not the cheapest but very good.

get a good cpu cooler, for 40 bucks you can get something which will last forever (the cpu cooler is the only thing i took from my last pc for my recent build)

and before buying, post your final decision here, so that nothing gets overlooked :)

Thx man, so here is my new 5-year plan (gotta love saving up when you made only $350/month):
Motherboard: Asus Strix Z270H Gaming
CPU: I5 - 7500 (or should I upgrade to 7600k?)
RAM: DDR4 G.Skill 16GB (2400) F4-2400C15D-16GTZR (2x8GB)
PSU: CM B600W
SSD: SSD Zotac 120GB
HDD: HDD 1TB Seagate Sata
Case: CM Case Box 5
VGA: ASUS 8GB Strix GTX1070-08G (or should I just get a Msi 8GB RX480 Gaming X)
Fan: CPU Deepcool Maelstorm 240T
20 Mar 2017, 12:18 PM
Donator 11

Thx man, so here is my new 5-year plan (gotta love saving up when you made only $350/month):
Motherboard: Asus Strix Z270H Gaming
CPU: I5 - 7500 (or should I upgrade to 7600k?)
RAM: DDR4 G.Skill 16GB (2400) F4-2400C15D-16GTZR (2x8GB)
PSU: CM B600W
SSD: SSD Zotac 120GB
HDD: HDD 1TB Seagate Sata
Case: CM Case Box 5
VGA: ASUS 8GB Strix GTX1070-08G (or should I just get a Msi 8GB RX480 Gaming X)
Fan: CPU Deepcool Maelstorm 240T

doesnt look too terrible, but if you havent bought the parts yet i would make some changes

if you have the money, getting the 7600k and overclocking it later will help you keep this PC longer (i mean some people still use a highly OCed i5 2500k, that one is six years old now)

the PSU does not seem to be very good

and i would not go for a liquid cooler, sure, they are cool, but really overpriced. you can get the best air coolers for significantly less, so better get an alpenföhn olymp or a noctua ndh15 or a black rock pro 3 and invest the rest into CPU, PSU and maybe one additional case fan
20 Mar 2017, 13:45 PM

doesnt look too terrible, but if you havent bought the parts yet i would make some changes

if you have the money, getting the 7600k and overclocking it later will help you keep this PC longer (i mean some people still use a highly OCed i5 2500k, that one is six years old now)

the PSU does not seem to be very good

and i would not go for a liquid cooler, sure, they are cool, but really overpriced. you can get the best air coolers for significantly less, so better get an alpenföhn olymp or a noctua ndh15 or a black rock pro 3 and invest the rest into CPU, PSU and maybe one additional case fan

Alright so
CPU switch to 7600k
PSU I swap to Power Corsair CX 650M
Fan I switch to CPU Deepcool Gammaxx 400 + Fan case CM Color 12cm
So any tips for choosing a decent GPU that can still be used in around 5 years?
20 Mar 2017, 23:04 PM
Donator 11

Alright so
CPU switch to 7600k
yep

PSU I swap to Power Corsair CX 650M
that sucks aswell, at least get one with multirails, so corsair vengeance 550 for example. that is at least solid. or get a SuperFlower HX 55, that would be even better. the important bit is that a good psu might save you a lot of trouble, especially when OCing

Fan I switch to CPU Deepcool Gammaxx 400 + Fan case CM Color 12cm
for the cpu cooler go for something larger, something in the area of 50 bucks. still saves you a lot compared to AiO water, but is suited for OCing

So any tips for choosing a decent GPU that can still be used in around 5 years?

no gpu will last that long, but if you can get it a 1070 would surely be enough for quite a while. if you can get one, the palit or gainward customs are the best 1070s

on which website are you planning to buy? i would be able to suggest specific products then, would make it a lot easier
21 Mar 2017, 06:15 AM

yepthat sucks aswell, at least get one with multirails, so corsair vengeance 550 for example. that is at least solid. or get a SuperFlower HX 55, that would be even better. the important bit is that a good psu might save you a lot of trouble, especially when OCingfor the cpu cooler go for something larger, something in the area of 50 bucks. still saves you a lot compared to AiO water, but is suited for OCing
no gpu will last that long, but if you can get it a 1070 would surely be enough for quite a while. if you can get one, the palit or gainward customs are the best 1070s

on which website are you planning to buy? i would be able to suggest specific products then, would make it a lot easier

I'll buy everything from this guys: http://phongvu.vn/bang-gia-phong-vu.html
Scroll to page 70 onwards for PC components, price is the second column to the right divided by 22.5 and you get the rough USD price.
21 Mar 2017, 11:36 AM
Donator 11

I'll buy everything from this guys: http://phongvu.vn/bang-gia-phong-vu.html
Scroll to page 70 onwards for PC components, price is the second column to the right divided by 22.5 and you get the rough USD price.

hmmm, very limited options there

i found this thread on reddit:
PC Stores in Vietnam
and in this store you could buy the parts you dont get at the other store, for example the Palit 1070 (although the asus is okay aswell), but most importantly a good PSU and a good cpu cooler (e.g. Phanteks TC14PE Black Edition)

for the psu i trust this list by a very good german pc forum PSU list, any psu there (besides office ofc) should be fine with your pc
21 Mar 2017, 13:30 PM

hmmm, very limited options there

i found this thread on reddit:
PC Stores in Vietnam
and in this store you could buy the parts you dont get at the other store, for example the Palit 1070 (although the asus is okay aswell), but most importantly a good PSU and a good cpu cooler (e.g. Phanteks TC14PE Black Edition)

for the psu i trust this list by a very good german pc forum PSU list, any psu there (besides office ofc) should be fine with your pc

Oh man how did I not know these guys before? Thanks a lot man you are a lifesaver.
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 69

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment