Login

russian armor

M5 Halftrack losing reinforce on upgrade

4 Sep 2015, 05:46 AM

Now that this change is added i think it is time to give OST and SOV a forward retreat point, and us these half tracks that can either have weapon upgrade or just reinforce inf. I say give the M5 and 251 halftrack an upgrade that locks them down and allows them to heal and have inf retreat to them. This upgrade should cost a bit like maybe 120 ammo (could add fuel to the cost two), and take all weapons away from the vehicle.
4 Sep 2015, 06:20 AM
Senior Editor Badge

And with the change to flame weapons the days are numbered for the off-brand KV-8 burning down your mans as they retreat.

Oh Computerheat, a blast for the past; I appreciate it!

Edit: It's still kind of viable. Barton Cars are the best.
5 Sep 2015, 03:18 AM

You can still make a conscript squad and reinforce other squads as soviet. The M5 is not the ONLY way to reinforce outside base.
nee
5 Sep 2015, 04:01 AM

IMO pre-buffed M5 with quadmount was OK, things changed simply because they turned the quad into a potent killing machine that made the idea of a halftrack that can reinforced unbalanced.

Nerfing it back a bit would warrant both the defensive weapon and reinforcement, you know, exactly what would solve the problem before all of these changes took place.

5 Sep 2015, 04:35 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

I agree with the nerf in general, but it does kinda suck that Soviets' getting AA has only become less effective (much easier for all the other factions to get AA outside of doctrines, and none of them will have to be giving up forward reinforcing to do so).

But just reverting the Quad buffs would have worked too.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★