Login

russian armor

Notice me Senpai (Relic)

2 Sep 2015, 14:36 PM
Donator 11

I would like to collect underpowered or overpriced units and abilities in this thread.
To improve gameplay and viable strategies a lot of units need adjustment (best example is the SU67)
Just post the units and abilities you think are not worth it and I will collect them in a list here.
This thread is not about nerfing OP stuff or fixing bugs.

Update:
I just collect stuff here, that does not mean i agree with all suggestions (everybody has his preferences)

- Stuka: incendiary comes very late
- Penals: rather expensive compared to other inf
- Panzerwerfer
- Elite Vehicle Crews Upgrade (USF)
- PG: G43 upgrade
- Con: PPSH upgrade
- Counter-Arty ability
- partisans
- irregulars
- M-42
- WC51
- Greyhound
- KV1
- KV2
- Airborne thompsons
- Stock T-34
- Ambush Camo
- Vec crew THOMPSONS
- Puma
- OH - medkits
- PG
- Infantry detection
- Defensive doctrine commander
- smoke bombs
- 250 HT
- Riegel
- KV 2
- Tiger
2 Sep 2015, 14:42 PM

Counter-Arty ability. never used nor saw this
2 Sep 2015, 14:43 PM

- Stuka: It's damn fine how it is. It's strong and balanced.
- Penals: Though I think the unit itself is not super, I feel it's balanced. Equip them with flamethrowers and they are beasts. Scale well into late game? Dunno.
- PW: It's ok, maybe a little bit more scatter
- G43's are sick guns, no need to touch them
- Con: PPSH: Maybe a sliiiiight upgrade in dmg, but not too much.

Counter-Arty ability. never used nor saw this

+ fucking one :)
2 Sep 2015, 14:46 PM
Senior Editor Badge

- partisans
- irregulars
- M-42
- WC51
- Greyhound
- KV1
- KV2
- Airborne thompsons
2 Sep 2015, 15:44 PM

- Penals: overlaps role with conscripts... feels kinda useless currently, could use some touching.

- Stock T-34, holy fuck do they suck.

- meh, PW and katyusha needs some touching... they feel like they arn't choices but rather luxury items to BM opponent.

-Ambush Camo.... lol, doesn't camo MGs.

- OSTHEER G43 upgrade package (not jeager light): no reason to get this ever because LMGs are superior in combat in every way. You only get this if you dont have enough munitions to get LMG, which by then, you probably already lost anyways. Supposing you do get out of the shit hole of an early game, the G43 doctrines don't have anything to scale into late game, so your fucked either way. OSTHEER G43 needs some redesign / touching.

- Con PPSH: Something feels wrong about this upgrade. Doesn't do enough. Once you unlock this, it feels like upgrading it is a no brainer.

Minor shits:
-Vec crew THOMPSONS: Best ability ever for 90 or 100 munitions per. Pls dont touch it relic, i love it the way it is.

-Puma (both axis factions): last time I played, they had a guass cannon that mowed down infantry. BEST EXPERIENCE EVER!!!!!!@#@@@ Pls dont fix relic!
2 Sep 2015, 15:59 PM
Donator 11

G43 are more than fine
2 Sep 2015, 17:17 PM

wouldn't this make more sense once next patch is live (as in tomorrow), when strategies are gonna change again anyway?
2 Sep 2015, 19:06 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Answer to OP post.

My whole list:

OH:
Medkits:
-reduce muni cost and let them throw it like supply (or SP medkit). Single stash
-reduce muni cost and increase healing speed.
-make it less effective AoE healing
Counter-barrage
-Mortar: increase range, reduce scatter. Scale with vet if it doesnt.
-Panzerwerfer: reduce cooldown to 50%-66% of normal barrage.
-LefH: increase range, damage to vet3 level (from 160 to 200), better scatter.
PG:
-Remove vet1 medkits. Spread out the benefits of vet2 into vet1 (RA mostly). A bit better scaling unit with vet overall.
Infantry detection
-Reduce cost (?). Kubel does it for free, so you could give it a similar treatment.
Defensive doctrine commander
-Merge trenches and tank traps.
-Bunkers cost -25mp to build. Minefields cost -5muni per batch (from 60 to 40). Pio have 20% increase building speed.
Smoke bombs:
-Let them be able to be thrown withot LOS
250 HT
-Reduce to 2CP. Fuel cost from 30 to 20.
-Grenadier version: replace with Assault PG (Remove armor upgrade, bring in line with normal PG and make the 2nd flamer an upgrade)
*I want to make the German Mech doctrine more usable. Not wanting to buff Mech assault.
Riegel:
-Let them be place by Pio/222. Takes longer than the HT although.

At this point i don't have enough will to continue with SU or WFA D:
2 Sep 2015, 19:09 PM

Answer to OP post.

-LefH: increase range, damage to vet3 level (from 160 to 200), better scatter.

It does more damage, but the AoE profile is exactly the same so you only do more damage on direct hits. The issue really isn't the range either, it's just that you don't fire nearly as many shells and you can't tell it what to counter-barrage so it will just shoot at mortar or mobile artillery that can just leave.
2 Sep 2015, 21:11 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

It does more damage, but the AoE profile is exactly the same so you only do more damage on direct hits. The issue really isn't the range either, it's just that you don't fire nearly as many shells and you can't tell it what to counter-barrage so it will just shoot at mortar or mobile artillery that can just leave.

How many shells in comparison to vanilla barrage? Too many shells is only good for area denial, the first (let's say) 4 are the important ones.

An improved AoE could work in general for the LefH but seeing the nerf to the ML20 i think it's gonna be in line with the (Relic) expected performance.
2 Sep 2015, 21:14 PM

How many shells in comparison to vanilla barrage? Too many shells is only good for area denial, the first (let's say) 4 are the important ones.

An improved AoE could work in general for the LefH but seeing the nerf to the ML20 i think it's gonna be in line with the (Relic) expected performance.

The normal barrage does 12, counter does 6.
2 Sep 2015, 21:38 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

The normal barrage does 12, counter does 6.

Thx. You could just reduce the cooldown to 50% of the normal barrage.
2 Sep 2015, 21:53 PM

-Tracking Ability (Su-76, Su-85 etc vet 1 ability)
This is just a waste of ammo imo, not too much benefit

-Counter Barrage
Not too useful now, they should change the barrage to fire less shells and make it have a shorter cooldown

-PPSH Cons
Some kind of a armor buff while moving might be nice, they're not too bad right now but could use some love

-221/222 SC
Make the 222 upgrade optional with no cost

-KV-2
Great tank in a shitty commander, extremely useful in many ways but the commander kills it completely

-Tiger
Not a bad tank, but a little lacking compared to the other heavies, maybe some armor and a little more penetration would be nice

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★