Login

russian armor

Mark Vehicle ability

14 Jun 2013, 18:29 PM

Does anyone use this or know exactly how it works? I think it's part of the Guard Motor Commander/Doctrine. The description says something about "increased focus fire", but I'm not sure what that really means. The one time I used it was against the AI. My T34 managed to deal significant damage to a Panzer IV in two shots from a rear flank. I think the damage was more than normal, but I don't have anything to compare it to as I usually run my T34s away from PIVs.

Any insight into this ability and how it can be used to "even the odds" versus the better German armor would be greatly appreciated.

14 Jun 2013, 20:43 PM

pretty decent damage buff, not sure if accuracy is affected
11 Aug 2013, 21:30 PM

I remember reading some where that it provided 50% more damage, but I don't know for sure. I would like to know as well as it looks like a great ability.
11 Aug 2013, 21:36 PM

It causes units to deal 50% more damage to the marked vehicle (note that you still have to penetrate its armor) and a recon plane will periodically fly-by over the marked tank granting limited LOS (but not as large as an actual recon plane).
11 Aug 2013, 21:51 PM

It's a serious boost. A few guards with it can take down a P-IV. Helps finish off rammed vehicles as well as general SU-85 stuff.
12 Aug 2013, 03:14 AM

It also lets vetted SU-85's or an ISU-152 go head to head with an Elefant. Which is great, considering Elefants are a very common hard-counter to SU-85's. The Mechanized Support commander has awesome synergy with guards + mark + isu + bombing run.
12 Aug 2013, 07:28 AM

Permanently Banned
Very underplayed ability, and one that I am certain will need nerfing once it properly enters the meta.

Remember when Grens had Mark Target? Yeah, its like that. Use and abuse it gentlemen, as long as its around, especially since its located on such a useful Doctrine to begin with. Turns any and all AV into a serious facepunch and scales extremely well with additional units as well as Vet.

Balance is FAR from complete in CoH2, as demonstrated recently by SirMuffin in a match with spammed Ostruppen (showcased by Imperial Dane, I think).
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 43
United States 5

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment