Login

russian armor

2v2/1v1 balance

21 Aug 2015, 19:17 PM

The better player and better build always wins.

Haha you can be as good as you want to be, Ostheer players can still get stomped by any player that rushes m5 Quad while he implements maxim spam into field guns.

I think there are still some things that need some work. Balance is better than it was months ago. Yet, sometimes the RNG together with absurd balance decisions will grand victory, or snatch it from you.
21 Aug 2015, 19:48 PM
Patrion 14

The reason why there were none is competitively OKW has fuck all to offer outside of support. Basic Ostheer infantry is better, Ostheer has access to more counters, and Ostheer has much less vulnerabilities.

Every 3v3 and 4v4 was 2 Ost 1 OKW and 3 Ost 1 OKW respectively, the people who didn't follow this formula lost badly.

Have the 1 OKW player put his schwer on an Important cutoff, have him make a really early forward HQ, have him make multiple Sturms to help repair tanks, ect. It's all just support stuff to keep the Ostheer players in the field.

oh, when you said "almost no okw", i took it literally. my b.

Without caches to support the OKW player (because without the fuel he won't be able to fulfill HIS end of the bargin) there would be no reason to take an OKW ally in 3's or 4's.

disagree.
21 Aug 2015, 20:41 PM

Haha you can be as good as you want to be, Ostheer players can still get stomped by any player that rushes m5 Quad while he implements maxim spam into field guns.

I think there are still some things that need some work. Balance is better than it was months ago. Yet, sometimes the RNG together with absurd balance decisions will grand victory, or snatch it from you.

Yes the quad is overpowered, although i havent had that much of an issue facing one.

They go boom quite nicely after getting hit by AT guns.
21 Aug 2015, 21:23 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Aug 2015, 19:48 PMpigsoup

oh, when you said "almost no okw", i took it literally. my b.

There was no reason to take more than 1 was my point, if that.

disagree.

Even if you have god tier micro you can't fight outnumbered 4 or 5 to 1. The reason why OKW existed in the competitive 3's and 4's was to make Stuka's to counter shit, and to make forward healing bases.

Artillery (OKW's largest weakness) is very plentiful in 3's and 4's, making OKW team mates a large liability as the game progresses. Price's team found this out the hard way.
21 Aug 2015, 21:51 PM

Been playing 3v3 and 4v4 recently and I have been going OKW and the arty drain on you is real. Also even with 3-4 Shrek Volks, double T70s or M5s will shred your infantry meaning the early AT is questionable at best. The Raketen is worthless with broken cloak and going for the Jagdpanzer leaves you lacking good AI, while going for the P4 loses you long range AT. Panthers are meh, with Jacksons and Zooka riflemen being able to hold them off. Honestly USF really isn't in as much trouble late game in big team games as some complain about, in fact we never faced full Soviet teams there was always 25-75% of the team playing USF. The USF was so strong that we had to use resources to build tanks to help in the mid-early late game. So just waiting for Heavies was never really an option against USF.

The only units I really liked for the OKW(thast Ostheer lack) in big games are Walking Stuka, Sturmtiger, Sturm Pios, and King Tiger(but only on the more close space maps where lines of Jacksons and SU85s can't rape you from afar).

2v2 and 1v1 are in pretty good balance though, the M5 needs something to slow its arrival down, but otherwise there really isn't anything too terrible).
22 Aug 2015, 14:51 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Aug 2015, 19:48 PMpigsoup

disagree.

You may disagree but these days i have no use for the rather up okw. ost does a lot of things better or equal then the okw and does it without the fuel penalty.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 30
South Africa 1
Germany 537
Peru 4
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L