Login

russian armor

Balance Patch

17 Jun 2013, 15:50 PM

The very design of CoH allows for comebacks. Comebacks should be a combination of excellent play, and that luck factor working in your favor. "Seizing the opportunity" you might call it.

However, if an opponent is consistently playing better than me, the game should NOT purposely try to give me second chances. It should be the result of my superior use of tactics.

The upkeep is too low, this time around, imo. I can barely feel it anymore. Considering an army composition of 60 pop, you have a maximum upkeep penalty of 90, meaning your income will stay at +210, not great, but not crippling either. I think the quantity is fine, but they reduced some of the population costs of units, which makes the game feel less taxing. Perhaps increasing population costs to what they were before, and increasing upkeep to 1.75/1 pop, would be a sizeable change. You'd be ending up with around +170 if you have a medium to large army, consisting mainly of vehicles.
17 Jun 2013, 16:30 PM

Another thing I've not seen yet (or maybe just failed to notice) is that extended T1 will become a lot more favorable with such low upkeep. In fact the normal T1 might change from 4 to 5 or 6 now, since there is no reason not to spam more infantry early on. After all, it'll hardly impact you later in the game when you're trying to build a lot of tanks.
17 Jun 2013, 16:42 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Jun 2013, 21:07 PMswiffy
Am I misinterpreting the changes, or is the MG42 getting buffed? Can someone who's played a lot explain whether or not this is the right change?
I don't think it is mentioned in the patch notes but they removed MG auto targeting unsuppressed squads AND now the MG doesn't instantly pivot when switching targets so its more reasonable than before even with the buffs it got.
17 Jun 2013, 21:45 PM
Donator 11

Another thing I've not seen yet (or maybe just failed to notice) is that extended T1 will become a lot more favorable with such low upkeep. In fact the normal T1 might change from 4 to 5 or 6 now, since there is no reason not to spam more infantry early on. After all, it'll hardly impact you later in the game when you're trying to build a lot of tanks.

By T1 I assume you mean T0 which precedes the T1 upgrade (Rifle/Support command or Battle Phase upgrade, 40, 50 and 25 fuel respectively)
You should note that Scout Cars and Halftracks have 2-3 pop each so infact one could argue that it is much more fortuitous to get to get that upgrade after the already common 4-squad start, and get field reinforcing instead of more squads - this adds better field-presence returns than simply having more squads.
17 Jun 2013, 21:53 PM

Permanently Banned
Im currently going straight to HT. Invariably I need its flame to dislodge garrisons in buildings, for which the rifle nade is inadequate and Pios are a xombat inneffectice unit to drop the muni on for flamers.
17 Jun 2013, 22:05 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Jun 2013, 21:53 PMNullist
Im currently going straight to HT. Invariably I need its flame to dislodge garrisons in buildings, for which the rifle nade is inadequate and Pios are a xombat inneffectice unit to drop the muni on for flamers.

Frankly I never really use Pioneers in combat. Often they will have 0/0 damage at the end of a game. As for HT Flamer, I somehow get by with Scout Cars instead. Maybe it's luck, or maybe I'm starting to learn more about Rifle Grenade placement, but I'm getting more and more squad wipes with them lately. Both in, and out of garrisons.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★