Login

russian armor

Ostheer 1v1 BO's

19 Aug 2015, 01:17 AM

Pretty straightforward question, what are the cool kids rocking as a build order these days?

I know as the game goes on, COH2 is allot about reacting to opponents, but as a rough general guide, could people give me some ideas on the following?

1.Vs Soviets on open maps?
2.Vs Soviets on Urban/narrow Maps?
3. Vs USF on open maps?
4.Vs USF on Urban/narrow Maps?

Cheers, bit out of the loop and just could do with a general pointer in the right direction B-)
19 Aug 2015, 04:05 AM

As a starting point, try MG, Gren, Gren, Gren, MG and attempt to drain them of manpower and buy yourself some time against a light armour rush.

Get T2 as soon as you can, and depending on how well you're doing go for AT gun, or maybe Panzergrens to help with anti-infantry and upgrade to schreks as required.

A good teller mine on a crossroad/choke point will also buy some peace of mind. You may also find that replacing an MG with a mortar will help on games with blobs or strong defenses.

With T3 all the units have pretty clear roles. Stug for open area antitank, panzer 4 for anti-tank/anti-infantry in close quarters. Ostwind if you want to balance your stugs.
19 Aug 2015, 15:55 PM

Cheers!

Just as a very rough indicator, currently I use MG, Gren, Gren, Sniper into t2+Pak on open maps vs both factions. Probably a squad of PGrens after that and tech, maybe an extra pio vs soviets for the minesweeping.

On closed maps, Gren, Gren, Gren, MG, T2, Pgren, Pak and flamer upgrade on pio as the 1st muni expenditure.

I'm not very comfortable with the small t1 play, hence the thread, them quad/stuart rushes scare me :O

20 Aug 2015, 10:03 AM

A few points -

I like to aim to have five Grenadier squads out. I will occasionally add one or two Panzer Grenadier squads to my army if the enemy is playing infantry-heavy.

MG first if the map favours it, otherwise I build it when I get to a point where I feel I need it.

I rarely get more than one MG.

I like to try to throw in a mortar if playing against Soviet support weapons.

I virtually never get Panzer IVs - I'd rather have more StuGs.
20 Aug 2015, 10:57 AM

Don't spread out your grens too much. Grens lose 25% of their dps the moment they lose a single model in a squad, so you'll be bleeding a lot of mp if you send out grens one by one. Of course there are times when you have to spread out for map control, but know when to concentrate your firepower at range.
20 Aug 2015, 11:33 AM

I myself do the following:

- Starting pios go cap right away, preferably a fuel point
- build mg42 right away, moves up to captured fuel
- build another mg 42 and set it up so it covers the first
- 2nd pio squad that goes capping as well
- 1st battlephase asap
- t2 asap
- either 2 panzergrenadiers followed by pak 40 or 1 panzergrenadier followed by pak 40 followed by panzergrenadier

from there I go to t3 and spam p4s and add some paks in there if I need it.

Works vs Soviets and USF. Although it will mean you have less of the map in the beginning, but you can get away with camping, especially if you face USF, since they pretty much have lost the game if they haven't overwhelmed you at the 10-12 minute mark.

Have tested it many times and it works 95% of the time. People just don't expect it, and will try to dislodge you of your secure little sector. With the 2mgs and your pios and panzergrenadiers you can bleed them dry. If you face USF, you can bleed them so well that you can then go and cap pretty much uncontested for some time.

Soviets will usually throw m5 quad at you, which your pak 40 can counter since he has to attack your smaller area. USF will either go m20, which will fail horribly vs pak 40 and a small held area, or they go stuart, which will have to be very careful vs your pak 40 and you can usually kill because they rush it in.

From there get p4 and add what you need, preferably more p4s :megusta:

It even works on Stalingrad \ :foreveralone: /

EDIT:
Commanders that work well with this is any commander that has spotting scopes, preferably Elephant commander. Works very need in Minsk Pocket!

Also, The Mechanized Assault with a lovely Stug E complements this strategy very well!
20 Aug 2015, 11:44 AM

I myself do the following:

- Starting pios go cap right away, preferably a fuel point
- build mg42 right away, moves up to captured fuel
- build another mg 42 and set it up so it covers the first
- 2nd pio squad that goes capping as well
- 1st battlephase asap
- t2 asap
- either 2 panzergrenadiers followed by pak 40 or 1 panzergrenadier followed by pak 40 followed by panzergrenadier

from there I go to t3 and spam p4s and add some paks in there if I need it.

Works vs Soviets and USF. Although it will mean you have less of the map in the beginning, but you can get away with camping, especially if you face USF, since they pretty much have lost the game if they haven't overwhelmed you at the 10-12 minute mark.

Have tested it many times and it works 95% of the time. People just don't expect it, and will try to dislodge you of your secure little sector. With the 2mgs and your pios and panzergrenadiers you can bleed them dry. If you face USF, you can bleed them so well that you can then go and cap pretty much uncontested for some time.

Soviets will usually throw m5 quad at you, which your pak 40 can counter since he has to attack your smaller area. USF will either go m20, which will fail horribly vs pak 40 and a small held area, or they go stuart, which will have to be very careful vs your pak 40 and you can usually kill because they rush it in.

From there get p4 and add what you need, preferably more p4s :megusta:

It even works on Stalingrad \ :foreveralone: /

EDIT:
Commanders that work well with this is any commander that has spotting scopes, preferably Elephant commander. Works very need in Minsk Pocket!

Also, The Mechanized Assault with a lovely Stug E complements this strategy very well!

you do realize that youre giving the opponent free map control and plenty of free fuel that way
20 Aug 2015, 12:00 PM

you do realize that youre giving the opponent free map control and plenty of free fuel that way

I do, yet it yields good results. By the time I get a p4 I most of the time have 2 pak 40s, at least one shreck squad and mined a lot of flanking routes.

Let me make it clear, this doesn't mean that you have 3 points at most, it means you have at most 40% of the map for the first 10 minutes, which works the best for me when playing Ostheer.

I have won many games this way, I have also won with this vs a USF player on Stalingrad. (the map is pure cancer for Ostheer)

You can say what you want, just try it, it works :)
21 Aug 2015, 23:59 PM

If I draw Stalingrad when playing Ostheer, I usually just start spamming Ostruppen.

Sometimes it works.
Sometimes it doesn't.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 44
Germany 777
unknown 20
Germany 2
unknown 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias