Login

russian armor

So that OKW early game

19 Aug 2015, 15:24 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Aug 2015, 13:03 PMsquippy

Clearly your definition of "early" and mine are quite different.

The m5 quad and m20 and stuart etc all come early game. Or do you consider the first two minutes to be the only early game that exists?
19 Aug 2015, 16:10 PM

They're an aggressive faction because of a couple factors -

1. Gaining less resources than your opponent means that your priority should be attacking cutoffs and decapping. *This is the primary reason the faction promotes an aggressive playstyle.*
2. T0 they have access to combined arms, meaning you can garner a delaying tech by a bit and secure a manpower advantage.
3. Kubelwagen is a mobile suppression platform, something other factions either don't have or is locked behind tech. Paired with Sturmpios for scouting, it can force fights at the enemy cutoff very early.

An aggressive playstyle can be further compounded when people choose commanders like luftwaffe ground forces, having access to more units without teching. Change your mentality to hyper-aggression, sit on a med-truck and just investing in troops, and you should be ahead in the early-mid game.

Those are my 2 cents.
19 Aug 2015, 16:31 PM

Arguing semantics then. Establishing a forward position and then turtling is still turtling and playing defensively, no matter how "aggressive" the position might be. (typically it ins't that aggressive anyway, just one or two territory points away from the base.)

Well, yes, more or less. Because the OP of this thread appears to rely on a different interpretation to the one I think Relic were using, and I'm attempting to explain what I think they meant. b I'm suggesting it would more productive to try to understand what (I think/speculate) they intended to convey than to assume they mispoke or failed to understand their own game.
19 Aug 2015, 16:34 PM

The m5 quad and m20 and stuart etc all come early game. Or do you consider the first two minutes to be the only early game that exists?

I think that's a 'how long is a piece of string' question and no answer I gave could or would be particularly useful or meaningful.
19 Aug 2015, 17:00 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Aug 2015, 16:34 PMsquippy

I think that's a 'how long is a piece of string' question and no answer I gave could or would be particularly useful or meaningful.

Alright then, well let me build a bridge and say that I do believe the m5 quad etc come at the very end of the late game!
19 Aug 2015, 17:02 PM

They're an aggressive faction because of a couple factors -

1. Gaining less resources than your opponent means that your priority should be attacking cutoffs and decapping. *This is the primary reason the faction promotes an aggressive playstyle.*
2. T0 they have access to combined arms, meaning you can garner a delaying tech by a bit and secure a manpower advantage.
3. Kubelwagen is a mobile suppression platform, something other factions either don't have or is locked behind tech. Paired with Sturmpios for scouting, it can force fights at the enemy cutoff very early.

An aggressive playstyle can be further compounded when people choose commanders like luftwaffe ground forces, having access to more units without teching. Change your mentality to hyper-aggression, sit on a med-truck and just investing in troops, and you should be ahead in the early-mid game.

Those are my 2 cents.

I'm not disputing the fact that they're aggressive, I'm disputing this "early game advantage."
19 Aug 2015, 19:20 PM

@beefsurge Fair enough, I think that you can get a fairly good early advantage because of the diverse T0. It just requires that you not tech up quickly and "go wide", taking advantage of the fact that you can shut down most early enemy tech down with a kubel and rocketenwerfers. Again, it's a pretty focused playstyle, reliant on the doctrines that have MG34, and I think one that many don't like playing.

Here's an example: Volk, Kubel, Push cutoff with kubel/sturmpioneer, Volk, Volk, MG34, Rocketenwerfer, Medic Truck, Volk or Falls. Normally that sets me up for a really strong early game. I'll normally opt for a second Falls squad or Rocketenwerfer and just sit on the medic truck until my opponent forces a tech choice.

19 Aug 2015, 19:21 PM

I see what you mean.
20 Aug 2015, 03:22 AM
Patrion 28

the other thing about OKW is that you're basically building 1 unit from t1/t2 and then going t3. you can't afford to sit in t1/t2 and you don't usually need to. they do have a decreased fuel income (hence longer timings) but they also don't need as many fuel units early game and have very cheap teching.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★