Login

russian armor

Thinking about getting into CoH2 again...

14 Aug 2015, 18:11 PM

I've been lurking around here for around a year after taking a break, back then new WFA were cool but each had their own problems and when I last tired to last play OKW I mostly got punched in the dick the ScoutCar/sniper combo which made everything unfun. The recent set of patches have looked great but there are 3 things I would like to know about:

1) Which Commanders are any good for OKW? I tend to lean to commander that allow infiltration and map control than heavy tanks.

2) Is the M5 quad much of a hassle to deal with? I seen quite a few threads on the quad and I am wondering if its really OP or just 'too good' as it can be dealt with but it takes effort.

3) Are the traps that Obers plant any good and how does it work? There were 2 things that I liked about Opposing Fronts, the soundtrack for the British and Scorched Earth Doctrine which I used even before it was cool to break points, I loved trapping the shit out of points and building but how does the Ober trap work? Does it explode on a unit once it enters the capping area or in another way? Is it easy to dodge it and are there any tips on using them?

If you ask, thanks in advance, always been a massive CoH fan but CoH2 did a get a bit stale for a me a while ago and now it looks much more appealing...
14 Aug 2015, 18:39 PM

Hello and welcome back (ish)

Snipers haven't been able to get into scout cars for a long time now (unless you mean snipers screened by scout cars, which isn't a common strategy nowadays anyway as far as I know).

1) Luff. Ground Forces is probably one of most popular and one you see high tier players using in casts often. The buffed suppression on the MG34 is nice even if the damage is rubbish. (Don't expect it to kill anything unless they leave the squad pinned there for ages). My personal choices are Breakthrough and Scavenge which are both pretty solid IMO.

2) It's very good and some would say OP (more so because of its timing than its performance I'd say). It still dies quickly to 2-3 Shreks so it's far from unkillable. You just need to be smart about ambushing it and don't blob so it can't suppress all of your troops.

3) They are okay but kind of pricey for what they do. Basically as soon as a squad steps inside the capping circle BOOM. It rarely wipes a squad since it explodes right away and a model or two is usually lingering outside the circle and survives. BUT if you have a squad inside the circle it won't explode so you can bait him in and then step outside the circle to wipe him. (Pretty awesome if he's blobbing). Schu mines are cheaper and have a similar effect if you place them on a likely traveled spot.

Overall OKW is in a much better spot this patch compared to last with the addition of the Panzer 4, Raken camo, and cheaper Strum pio reenforce cost.
14 Aug 2015, 19:09 PM

1. Ostheer commanders =:foreveralone:

2. M5 is a pain in the ass when you are any axis faction, it comes way to quick and its shock value is very grand. Yet in the late game it is something you just laugh at, though it can win you the game if it comes very early and your opponent only has one or two shrecks:foreveralone:

3. Just keep one model in the specific zone, wait untill the enemy unit is in the zone and step out! Boomdalaboom
15 Aug 2015, 04:43 AM

You're gonna be screaming at your computer 80% of the time. This game gives Resident Evil a run for its money in the frustration department.
15 Aug 2015, 22:17 PM

After a few games I think my biggest problem now is getting a decent Anti-Infantry screen, out of the Doctrines I have tried Panzer Fusiliers tend to be the one getting the most kills but allied heavy troopers and flamers seems tough to deal with, I am SUPER tempted to use the AA half track but I seen its rarely used in replays, so did Relic nerf it too hard or is it underrated?
16 Aug 2015, 02:31 AM

The Flaktrack is very effective if you keep it at maximum range from the enemy forces, it has to set up in order to fire so it's best to keep it at a distance. Only use it really if they have no AT capabilities yet and it works best against USF since riflemen can hardly touch it before getting suppressed instantly.
16 Aug 2015, 03:58 AM
Patrion 14

After a few games I think my biggest problem now is getting a decent Anti-Infantry screen, out of the Doctrines I have tried Panzer Fusiliers tend to be the one getting the most kills but allied heavy troopers and flamers seems tough to deal with, I am SUPER tempted to use the AA half track but I seen its rarely used in replays, so did Relic nerf it too hard or is it underrated?

Panzerfusiliers are your best bet vs. infantry. With the 90 mu G43 upgrade, they will beat any allied squad short of Shocktroopers and lmg paras 1v1, and kill EVERYTHING once they hit vet 4. They are also cheap to reinforce and aren't squad wiped easily so take advantage of that fact.

The 251/17 Flack HT isn't very used in the current meta because both Soviets and USF usually rush light armor. The M5AAHT that the soviets get absolutely wrecks the 251/17, and the Stuart can stun it to death and kill it, not even mentioning the fact that USF captain tier hardcounters it with bazookas and AT guns.

Pumas are great vs. USF and Soviets if you can micro it well, as it will be able to counter everything short of a Jackson with micro. It is also relatively good vs. infantry with it's vet 1 ability and mg.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★