Login

russian armor

The SturmTiger

PAGES (7)down
18 Aug 2015, 20:05 PM

:( but the whole point of the question was if you had to pick only one

Once upon a time the Sturmtiger did poor AoE and nobody liked it. Once upon a time before that it's shell blew up on literally every world feature, barrel, fence post, and geometry object making using it impossible.

If you see recon plane and you don't move your units, you deserve to lose squads due to B-4.
Sounds similar.
Or if you here a sound of B-4 and you don't move your units, you deserve to lose them

Hearing a B4 shot is pretty hard of over the din of battle, and it's impossible to predict were a B4 shot will land due to scatter and the fact it has 250 range. You also don't need a recon plane to use the B4.

There is a world of difference from an B4 1 shotting a PIV on the other side of the map and a Sturmtiger driving up to a 60 range unit that can scout for itself and killing it. If you let a Sturmtiger drive over an open field at you and kill you then just lol.

As Lemon said before; the go to counter to the Sturmtiger is AT guns, since the Sturmtiger doesn't have enough armor to reliably bounce shots and it can't kill AT guns (the gun itself) anymore.
19 Aug 2015, 00:13 AM

After facing it again last night against another skillful player who protected it well, we only managed to win due to 152 cheese on their supporting units / FHQs. The Sturmtiger survived until we won on VPs. It got vet 4, with like 5+ vehicle kills.

IMO they need to decide if it's supposed to be a blob killer or a tank killer but either way it needs a rethink. I'd probably say reduce its damage so it won't one shot mediums, it's just absurd every time it happens and the bigger the team game gets the more likely you are to not be paying full attention when it shows up. It's such a devastating attritional weapon.
2 Sep 2015, 00:18 AM

Perfect time to revisit this thread now the Axis Bois are all crying from the allies equivalent. I fucking love this.

#mobileB4isfine

#justflank
2 Sep 2015, 01:29 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Sep 2015, 00:18 AMpugzii
Perfect time to revisit this thread now the Axis Bois are all crying from the allies equivalent. I fucking love this.

#mobileB4isfine

#justflank

Preach it man its glorious.
2 Sep 2015, 02:34 AM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post2 Sep 2015, 00:18 AMpugzii

#mobileB4isfine

#justflank

god bless
2 Sep 2015, 02:37 AM

Once upon a time the Sturmtiger did poor AoE and nobody liked it. Once upon a time before that it's shell blew up on literally every world feature, barrel, fence post, and geometry object making using it impossible.

Hearing a B4 shot is pretty hard of over the din of battle, and it's impossible to predict were a B4 shot will land due to scatter and the fact it has 250 range. You also don't need a recon plane to use the B4.

There is a world of difference from an B4 1 shotting a PIV on the other side of the map and a Sturmtiger driving up to a 60 range unit that can scout for itself and killing it. If you let a Sturmtiger drive over an open field at you and kill you then just lol.

As Lemon said before; the go to counter to the Sturmtiger is AT guns, since the Sturmtiger doesn't have enough armor to reliably bounce shots and it can't kill AT guns (the gun itself) anymore.

I...well...Nah nevermind. I don't even know how to argue with you anymore if you think wiping a vet 3 SU85 through FoW is fine. One thing though, the LoS you get is in a narrow cone, and is interrupted by shot blockers are you remember, so it is very easy to avoid. Also keeping it on means a speed reduction, so in fact seeing the ST would mean it can close the gap and fire before you could stop it.

Played against this unit in 4v4 the other day, could not get out of range of the explosion. As soon as I saw it prepare to fire I would start to move my infantry away. It always wiped one squad (was played as USF) was hugely annoying because it meant I was constantly losing vet 3 squads to a late game gimmick. It was shooting through trees frequently, and it was a terror. Its current range meant it could bully other tanks, because any damage or crits it gave would allow volks blobs to mop up quickly. Its range is so extreme right now. It feels so stupid to lose units to this. How did this make it through play testing?
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 67

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment