Login

russian armor

Rifle Nades

12 Jun 2013, 19:44 PM

I looked to see if anyone made this topic yet, but nothing.

personally I like the rifle grenade damage and mechanics (you have to upgrade to t2 before you can use them so technically they cost you fuel and ammo to use)

alot of people hate that they are "impossible to dodge." it wouldnt bother me if they change this to something more avoidable (as the molotov is easy to see coming and dodge), but right now to dodge rifle nades you have to listen. your troops will yell "GRENADE!" or something of the sort as soon as the enemy unit even registers the mechanic. i have dodged several shots this way.

anyways, tell us what you think about rifle nades and how they should/shouldn't be changed
12 Jun 2013, 19:52 PM

Yeah I've dodged a lot of them as well, it's really easy to just move your unit when they shout "GRENADE!" or you see a gren sit down with his rifle.
But sometimes they also yell "GRENADE!" when it's their own molotov, lol :P
12 Jun 2013, 19:53 PM

I like them, i like they are hard dodge and do good damage, i have no problem with them, the only thing i would like is to see cons throw there molotovs quicker, like at the same speed as a grenade from P grens, currently some times to take an absolute age, and can often die before they have thrown it. and for an ability which does NOT do its damage upfront a long wind up makes little sense.
12 Jun 2013, 19:58 PM

The molotov forces you to move and denies you cover. When you move you deal less damage, or no damage at all if you move backwards.
Also, I've seen it do some instant damage, sometimes even killing 2 guys in a squad.
12 Jun 2013, 20:13 PM

Correct me if im wroung Qvazar, but if you see a grenade being thrown at you, dont you move aswell? sure you can run back into cover but it still forces you to move.
12 Jun 2013, 21:02 PM

1) molotovs also cost MP and Fuel so It's normal that you need T2 tech to fire rifle nades
2) before grenadier fire rifle nade, he's crouching, aiming and then firing and grenade flies for like 2-3 seconds? (on max range ofc) so it's easy to dodge
3) each time rifle grenade is prepared to fire, your soldiers are shouting "let's get the fuck out of here maybe? grenade is incuming!"
12 Jun 2013, 21:26 PM

I've found it mostly useful to deal with ZiS or other more static troops - dead useful for MG crews, as yu can 'flank' from 'afar'. I've got light tanks coming out, found a ZiS on the field, and it needs to be gone pdq.
12 Jun 2013, 21:31 PM

Best way To avoid rifle nades is simply To stay close of the german inf To stay in their inner range circle
TED
12 Jun 2013, 21:42 PM

^ This.

Especially since Conscripts do better close range anyways against Grens.
12 Jun 2013, 23:29 PM

Rifle grenades are not very useful against crews, unless they are hurt. The damage dealt seems to be inconsistent: at times, itll decimate a squad, at other times, it'll just scratch them.

Thats why, if and when I use them, I make sure I'm in a big engagement (lots of units for him to watch out for), and the target has to be down to 3/4's health. Otherwise it tends to be wasted.

....they do rape, most of the time, hit the dirt troops.
13 Jun 2013, 01:57 AM

1) molotovs also cost MP and Fuel so It's normal that you need T2 tech to fire rifle nades
2) before grenadier fire rifle nade, he's crouching, aiming and then firing and grenade flies for like 2-3 seconds? (on max range ofc) so it's easy to dodge
3) each time rifle grenade is prepared to fire, your soldiers are shouting "let's get the fuck out of here maybe? grenade is incuming!"

good point barton, i completely forgot about the fuel costs for molotovs.

lol incuming Kappa
13 Jun 2013, 13:04 PM

I was playing some German vs German battles, I got hit couple of times with a grenade because I didn't know what to pay attention to.
Also, AI is pretty good at dodging the rifle grenades, I missed quite a few of them, however I was successful in using them on suppressed units. Also to force AI to move out of cover or to move away from objective (so the grenades could be used to deny area or push enemy back).
17 Jun 2013, 22:45 PM
Donator 11

I looked to see if anyone made this topic yet, but nothing.

personally I like the rifle grenade damage and mechanics (you have to upgrade to t2 before you can use them so technically they cost you fuel and ammo to use)

alot of people hate that they are "impossible to dodge." it wouldnt bother me if they change this to something more avoidable (as the molotov is easy to see coming and dodge), but right now to dodge rifle nades you have to listen. your troops will yell "GRENADE!" or something of the sort as soon as the enemy unit even registers the mechanic. i have dodged several shots this way.

anyways, tell us what you think about rifle nades and how they should/shouldn't be changed

If one pays any attention to squad chatter, the voice of "Grenade!!" gives away the Rifle Grenade up to 3-4 seconds before it hits. This provides ample time to dodge.
My -only- gripe about the Rifle Grenade is that it bugs out regularly, disallowing any form of micro. Once you click that ability, and a location, you cannot cancel or you lose the 20 munitions aswell as the cooldown on the spot.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★