Login

russian armor

USF Mines need looking at

6 Aug 2015, 18:20 PM

Anyone that plays the USF know just home much of a pain in the ass USF mines are. To start in order to get mine at all as the USF you need to either go Tier 1 and get an M20 or go Inf, Armor, or Mecinized Company. And, if you want mines form two of these Commanders you have to get a Combat Engineer and one is just to expensive(CE+half-track). This mean that if you want mine (only AT mines by the by) you have to make either a tech choice(worth 70;fuel 50 for tech and 20 for the M20) or a commander choice.

This wouldn't be to bad if the M20 was worth having pass the 10 min mark, and replacing it if killed was worth it. Even if you get a M20 its is either out fighting and doesn't have time to lay mines, or there is not enough ammo to lay the 60 ammo mines. This is because during the time that the M20 is out ammo is either being used for granades, or weapons.

The little box mines (forget the name) on the other hand need to placed one at a time, and take 5 to do engine damage and little to no damage to tanks. This take time and micro most USF players dont have, and for the most part i think is one of the main reasons you dont see these mines. This plus you cant get these mines are not in the Air born or the Rifle company.

This is why i think the USF need a change to there mines, which could really help the USF Early, mid and Late game. Fist the M20 mine, and the box mine should be moved to the RE so that they can be built no mater what. Let the M20 still be able to lay mines, but make it faster at doing it. Also the box mines need to be lade like an SS mine field, and should also be set off by inf. Make the field have signs like the SS mine field so players see it, and make it costs like 80 to 90 ammo because of the the mines damaging both tanks and inf. (more or less if need)

Now i know some people will say that mines don't fit the USF build, or point out asymmetrical balance as to why USF mines should not be changed. To this I say that mine are a necessary, must have, and important part of CoH2. I mean come on half the people on this Forum us Mine as a way to counter any argument about balance. Blobs kicking your teeth in lay mines man. M5 rush making you think Soviet tier 3 is op, us mine man to protect your at. 222 chacing you back to base and killing your snipers and then getting away, should of lied some mines on the retreat path. Keep having tiger, tiger 2, panther, or P4 rushing your TD killing them and they getting out with little to no health. Making you think you have no hope of killing Axies tanks like ever, Should of laid some mines to cover them and seal the kill. There are more just look at a balance thread.

Just saying USF need mine that work, are easy to get with any build, or commander choice, and that dosn't take up to much time or maicro to place. No other fraction in CoH2 has either just at mine or AI mines, or has their only mines locked behind tech or commanders. I think it is time for a change.

Thoughts?
6 Aug 2015, 18:24 PM

I agree OP.
6 Aug 2015, 18:50 PM
Patrion 14

I agree OP.
6 Aug 2015, 18:54 PM

6 Aug 2015, 19:01 PM

+1 OP

Lack of accessible mines has always been one of the things that bugged me about USF. Light Mines as they are on REs would hardly be balance breaking and actually give you a reason to build them instead of always Rifle spam opening (which is everyone's #1 gripe about USF).

If anything I would like to see the M20 get an additional lighter mine similar to the Soviet mine as a second choice. Would give you more options without massively overhauling USF teching...also gives you more of a reason to go Lt. which seems to be getting rarer these days.
6 Aug 2015, 19:10 PM

6 Aug 2015, 19:23 PM

6 Aug 2015, 19:28 PM

But... But.... Difference!

If USF is to be the harder and powerful-though-more-micro-intensive faction then their mines should be more powerful and micro intensive too. Assymetrical balance.... or something.
6 Aug 2015, 19:31 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Aug 2015, 19:28 PMAvNY
But... But.... Difference!

If USF is to be the harder and powerful-though-more-micro-intensive faction then their mines should be more powerful and micro intensive too. Assymetrical balance.... or something.

They should just build in a group and come 5 at a time or something. Is there even a reason to just build one or two by themselves? I guess to kill a kubel?
6 Aug 2015, 19:33 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Aug 2015, 19:31 PMZeaviS

They should just build in a group and come 5 at a time or something. Is there even a reason to just build one or two by themselves? I guess to kill a kubel?

not really
6 Aug 2015, 19:35 PM

DO IT ALREADY RELIC. :foreveralone:
6 Aug 2015, 19:45 PM

I agree with OP
6 Aug 2015, 20:05 PM

In a near future, what thing will have other factions that USF wont? Without looking at the tea army stuff of course
6 Aug 2015, 20:08 PM

Relic made USF lol army, for better selling British forces.
6 Aug 2015, 20:48 PM

Mines actually promote game play that is not so fun.. flanks are no longer that rewarding, too risky to attempt multi side flanks, especially with tanks.. and one shots like these for a squad are a crime. Still not feasible to sweep em all. Don't care for more mines being around.
6 Aug 2015, 20:55 PM
Patrion 14

I agree OP.
6 Aug 2015, 21:24 PM

Permanently Banned
USF mines need looking at?

What mines?
6 Aug 2015, 21:35 PM
Donator 33

I agree that the M20 mines should be moved to REs. Their stats need to be aligned with teller mines though (immobilize crit chance removed/reduced).

The light AT mines are fine where they are IMO.
6 Aug 2015, 21:41 PM

Not sure how I feel about a 60 muni mine that can 100% immobilize any tank being built with RE's, it's like giving pios reigals.

Mines like that were barred behind doctrines/vehicles for a reason. As for the box mine, just put it in more doctrines.
6 Aug 2015, 21:59 PM

It's weird how half of the recommendation threads are about changing the USF. I have no idea why so many people want to change the strongest and best 1 vs 1 faction in the game.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★