Login

russian armor

damage vs early bunkers

12 Jun 2013, 10:12 AM

alot of less experienced players tend to build lots of bunkers. being a not so pro player I had a game where I went for special rifles, got pushed on pripyat and faced two bunkers in the center afterwards. since it takes ages to flank on that map I decided to use the infamous flamer-pio-scout-car-kombo to burn down the bunkers but it just took too long from my point of view. I think the damage flames deal to infantry should be decreased slightly while the damage flames deal to bunkers should be increased slightly. I know I could have rushed to t-34 but I didn't want to wait too long and use what I had in the first place. so, agree or l2p again?
12 Jun 2013, 10:16 AM

Like in COH, bunkers cost 150MP and that means he is fielding less troops. Use your scout cars and flamers push him off the map, cap the map, ignore the bunkers, get out a t34 and kill the bunkers that way.
12 Jun 2013, 10:24 AM

I think bunkers are a real problem on Pripyat. This is mostly due to shitty map design though, since bunkers die very quickly to anything other than flamers/mortars (your traditional early game bunker busting tools), such as SU-76s and ATGs.
12 Jun 2013, 10:51 AM

Why burn it down when you can demo it with engineers?
12 Jun 2013, 11:30 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Jun 2013, 10:51 AMS73v0
Why burn it down when you can demo it with engineers?

Because demos are expensive.
12 Jun 2013, 12:49 PM

good point ignoring the bunkers and capping the rest of the field with scout cars and rushing t-34s afterwards. I will try that next time. yes, demo's are very expensive but using them to bring down one crucial bunker implacement might do the trick, too. I'll consider it. I guess I was too focused on destroying them asap instead of using them as an advantage of mobility and capping power :).
thx for the answers.
12 Jun 2013, 16:08 PM

I actually think bunkers die too fast to AT guns, tanks and mortars.
12 Jun 2013, 17:21 PM
Patrion 27

You can also take out a bunker quite handily with mortars. If you built special rifle and don't want to have to tech to tier two or three too soon you can wait for your first command point, choose Guards Motor Coordination Tactics and call in a 120mm mortar to obliterate the bunkers.

Don't get too focused on the middle point in the early game. You're better off grabbing fuel and munitions points to tech up while he does... nothing with stationary bunkers.
17 Jun 2013, 23:20 PM
Donator 11

I personally would like Command Bunkers to be capturable.

As for the other two, a single ZiS Field Gun is often enough to deal with them outright.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★