Login

russian armor

Mentoring

12 Jun 2013, 09:24 AM

Hello everyone. I used to be a mentor on GR.org but it ended up with not much work done, either mentees left me w/o a single word or I was forced to stop mentoring because of lack of time. Is anyone interested in mentoring (both as mentee or a mentor)? Another question - what do you think about paid mentoring? It might motivate both sides to work, instead of leaving one with no warning etc. I think it might help, just want to know what do you think about it, please feel free to share your opinion.

Angeladik
12 Jun 2013, 09:33 AM
Honorary Member Badge

swore there was a thread for this. also have you heard about coh2 coming out. :P

once money becomes involved things start going to shit. always has always will.
12 Jun 2013, 09:36 AM

I might need to search deeper in history of CoH2 posts. About CoH2 - yeah, 18th June, heard that. But I am one of those who will not play CoH2 for now :)

/edit: 25th June, 18th is the end of Beta ;)
12 Jun 2013, 10:16 AM
Donator 11

Ok i can see someone paying for mentoring if he can win 1000€ from tournaments every month.
12 Jun 2013, 10:19 AM

You think CoH1 is not popular enough to be worth paid for mentoring?

/edit: About money - I'd like to know if you'd decide to paid one to teach you, how much it could be? 1/5/10$ per game/review/hour?
12 Jun 2013, 10:37 AM
Donator 11

Oh come on. How stupid can you be to pay for game mentoring. You play it for fun not for the money. And you can always watch some pro players like seph live in action- ITS FREE!
12 Jun 2013, 10:45 AM

I am aware that there are people that pay for LoL mentoring and lvling up accounts/getting better ladder position. Not sure about SC2. Of course CoH is far less popular and I just want to know if there is anyone willing to learn via paid mentoring. Glad you share your point of view, now I need more people to do so :)
12 Jun 2013, 11:20 AM

Yeh, sorry about that. I felt really bad, but just after we started, I went away on holiday for a month. I would hope that I told you this was happening, but if not, I apologise.

On the plus side, on the few games that we played together, Angeladik helped me improve no end. Nice fellow.
12 Jun 2013, 11:26 AM

I didn't say it was you, NorfolkNClue :) Now my inbox is clear, but afaik, you did message me about that.
12 Jun 2013, 11:29 AM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

coh2.org will endeavor to start a free mentoring program upon release of Company of Heroes 2. It's a great way to meet people and strengthen the community.
12 Jun 2013, 11:32 AM

Mentoring for CoH2 only or both games?
12 Jun 2013, 11:36 AM
Donator 11

coh2.org will endeavor to start a free mentoring program upon release of Company of Heroes 2. It's a great way to meet people and strengthen the community.

Mentoring is cool just not for money.
12 Jun 2013, 12:05 PM

I am asking about money because of two reasons:
1) If you pay for something, even 1$, you deal with this not like you would with something for free; mentee will be more willing to learn/improve and not leave mentor and vice versa
2) Even a small amount of money is great way to thank a mentor, as well as one can raise some money for CoH2 copy or better hardware ^^
12 Jun 2013, 13:09 PM

i dont see problem here if somebody is actualy will pay for mentoring. Some ppl newer played RTS, so you can explain to them. You can open COH2 academy or something, like a school, if you really want to put time in this. But on other side, you can watch pro player on streams for free, you have some great topics with guides, you also have comentary chanells on YOUTUBE, and tournament shows. This are all free learning tools, all you need is interest to read and watch them.
But on the other side, nobody can teach you micro it, everbody have some diffrent sistem. and for proper micro and game understanding and feeling you just have to play a lot of games.
If you wanna have costumers to teach them play, you should probaby open some topic or site, where ppl can read what do you really offer, and prove to them, that you are worth it :)
This what you trying to achive here is some sort of marketing. To transfer your knowledge to other ppl for money :)
You can probably get some ideas from SC2 and LOL like you said.
12 Jun 2013, 15:13 PM

Tools aren't a problem, Steam + Paypal is all one would need, I think. The question remains the same - are there people willing to be taught how to play CoH1 while CoH2 is about to be released?
13 Jun 2013, 06:06 AM

Ok, by the time we can find out how things will go, I am going to be a non-paid mentor. Right now I've got one mentee appliance, I can get one more I think.
Details:
Time available: 5-8PM, Poland time zone (it is 8:05 AM the moment I write it).
US/Wehr player
Relic server: 14/12
Sega server: 11/1
After having a long break (~4 months) I came back to CoH1 and started to play USA again. Didn't play Wehr till now, but it will not be a big problem to start playing them again. My USA mentoring is based on my own experiences as well as other player thoughts. Being a Wehr mentor might be most effective as an opponent. Ways I teach:
* playing vs mentee,
* game analysis (mainly lost ones) - games against me and other people; timestamps and live stream replay analysis,
* micro/macro improvement,
* analysing high lvl players games, finding differences between them and mentee.

If you are willing to try me out, send me a PM here.

Angeladik
14 Jun 2013, 06:55 AM

14 Jun 2013, 13:45 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Donator 11

Either myself or another staffer will run a COH2.ORG Mentoring Program a few weeks/months after the game goes live.
14 Jun 2013, 17:59 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Jun 2013, 13:45 PMBudwise
Either myself or another staffer will run a COH2.ORG Mentoring Program a few weeks/months after the game goes live.

If you do it Budwise it'll be priceless for everyone.
14 Jun 2013, 18:33 PM
Developer Relic Badge
Donator 11

Bud ran a lot of mentoring programs on GR before, he's the best person for it :)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★