Login

russian armor

Increased Damage for Deflections

30 Jul 2015, 12:39 PM

Hi everyone, I'm not really a big poster more of a reader. Was toying with this idea for a while, I'm wondering if anyone was interested in discussing the possibility for increased damage from bounced shots on tanks? Anyone think this could work? or if it would even be a worthwhile mechanic to look at? Personally I think it would help level the playing field for both sides by reducing (while not eliminating) the effect RNG has on tank battles. I'm not the best at giving out statistics of in game units so if you think it would affect one side more than the other (which it very well might) discuss it. Ideally I would like this possible change to benefit all factions and players, all games are more fun and satisfying when each faction has an equal chance at victory.
30 Jul 2015, 12:49 PM
Donator 33

COH 1 deflections did 50% of the intended damage, and if they would add this to COH 2, we would see walls of Soviet 45mm AT guns shooting everything down with their 40dmg on deflected shots :romeoHairDay:
30 Jul 2015, 12:52 PM

You couldn't punish the player for investing so heavily in field gun defence? I do see your point though, maybe 25%-30% damage?
30 Jul 2015, 13:36 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Jul 2015, 12:49 PMATCF
COH 1 deflections did 50% of the intended damage, and if they would add this to COH 2, we would see walls of Soviet 45mm AT guns shooting everything down with their 40dmg on deflected shots :romeoHairDay:
M-42 blobs defeating KT. :hansGASM:
30 Jul 2015, 13:58 PM

It would require a really big health increase on the larger heavies. A KT really can't "run away" from anything and is stuck sitting in the LoF for a long time meaning if every shot that just bounced still did half damage using a KT would be almost impossible.

In general I think it would be nice if all the medium generalists got bumped up to 800 health but that's just an off the wall thought.
30 Jul 2015, 14:06 PM

Bad idea. I would say more but NDA NDA NDA
30 Jul 2015, 14:39 PM

Bad idea. I would say more but NDA NDA NDA
PIATs?
5 Aug 2015, 19:33 PM

One idea that I thought would be interesting would be to make deflection damage be a percentage that is determined by the ratio of pen/armor. So a unit with high pen, would do a lot of deflection damage, but a unit with low pen wouldn't. You could probably tweak it a bit so that there is a max/min amount of damage you can do.

This would be a pretty significant change and would likely require rebalancing the health and damage of tanks and AT weapons, but I think it would take the RNG out of tank battles which can be incredibly frustrating at times. I personally think, less RNG is better.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 23
United Kingdom 309
Sweden 47
United States 13
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L