Login

russian armor

OH has too much in the openiing

aaa
30 Jul 2015, 20:31 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Jul 2015, 17:25 PMVonIvan
OH just needs some re-works on their infantry imo. :foreveralone:
Less dmg, but more armor. :foreveralone:

I think rework should mean infantry late game nerf. Or buff to allied infantry which is the same.
http://www.coh2.org/topic/36718/conscripts-need-mid-game-buff

IDK may be the are thinking that
1. AI power of M5
2. sandbags
are compensation for LMGs and rifle nades that wipes squads at longe range without being noticed. But thats such a questionabe compensation.

M5 is so fragile, after OH T3 it basicaly operates behind the lines not to get destroyed.
30 Jul 2015, 20:54 PM

They aren't. OKW gets reduced income from fuel caches. It's just as much a resource advantage as a Soviet player making them for a USF player or a USF player for Soviets. If both teams make a lot fuel caches OKW will still proportionally be at an income disadvantage.

People say 4v4 maps are to big. I say they aren't big enough! In a 1v1 you need to cover 2 victory points yourself to win. In a 2v2 you cover 1 and so on and so forth. In 4v4 you can have multiple people covering 1 point which gives inherently defensive factions like Ost a big advantage.

If 4v4's/3v3's had 5 points it would spread people out a lot more and mean that you couldn't just sit all your shit on 2 points and win the game. It would force Axis to move around a lot more and let me tell you that moving shit like KT's and JT's around maps IS NOT EASY.

Soviets stock army got buffed, Relic is going to fix USF (soon), and in less than 2 weeks you will have Brits. The issue isn't allied units being shit anymore it's the fact that the factions have gotten better but we are still fucking playing Steppes even though it's been in rotation since CoH2 Vanilla Beta. Relic has zero excuse for not making an effort towards making better team game maps.

The new maps coming with the Brits for 2v2 and 1v1 are amazing. But the 3v3 and 4v4 maps are just Shittard 2.0 because it's easy as fuck to just mirror a map put a river and bridges in the middle and call it a day.

Couple of things here.

Yes OKW is fuel limited, I get that. But they don't have access to build caches, that is a fundamental limitation. Unlike both Allied factions which can make caches. Indeed OKW get less per cache, but I fail to see how that prevents OKW from accelerating its fuel when a Wehr player OP's points. You seem to be saying because they get less they don't accelerate. This is obviously incorrect. More fuel per point moves you through tech trees faster. You also don't even attempt to address my points about number of points, rate of capture, ease of locking down, all of which aren't seen in 1v1 and all of which happen quickly in 4v4.

Second point here, larger maps favor OKW even more because they have early forward retreat points. Case and point is Hill 331. Whereas a single retreat from Allies early game gives up both fuel points mass retreats from OKW players is common.

Finally, defensive factions are at an advantage to some degree, but it is the acceleration to the late game which makes it worthwhile. Imagine if Ost had no T4 or super heavy call ins. They could turtle all they wanted and they would lose. The extant of what in smaller game modes may be 5-10 minutes may lost more than half of the games.

Also never complained about lack of good Allied units, you seem to think I really want buffs all over for Allies, yet I play mostly German factions and prefer those. Allied units simply don't have the access to some types of units German factions have. There is no similar unit for anything bigger than a Tiger. This is not a complaint, it is an observation and means in super late game situations Germans have a huge advantage since they can use those tech options. Even 45 minutes into a game as USF I can only field Jacksons to deal with heavy armor (Fielding large numbers of jacksons is impossible for a number of reasons). Soviets may have IS2 or ISU152, but mostly likely have SU85's and SU76's. They also have access to stationary artillery, maybe, if Stuka dive bomb isn't around. Contrast when I play Germans, I have access to Panthers as stock, and a range of excellent call ins for late game slug matches.

In most large games VP's are completely ignored as the game starts. These are of limited importance since you can always take one at some point and limit vp loss. Fuel is what counts. Look at Steppes. There are two vp's largely ignored as the game starts and the third is only relevant because it sits near a high fuel point.

Steppes is actually one of my favorite maps because pathfinding is good and there is flanking opportunity throughout the game.
30 Jul 2015, 21:21 PM

Couple of things here.

Yes OKW is fuel limited, I get that. But they don't have access to build caches, that is a fundamental limitation. Unlike both Allied factions which can make caches. Indeed OKW get less per cache, but I fail to see how that prevents OKW from accelerating its fuel when a Wehr player OP's points.

I think I should rephrase; OKW's teching gets accelerated but will be still artificially behind the enemies. Sure OKW can't make caches on their own but there isn't anything wrong with the factions helping each other. Team games should be TEAM GAMES. Soviets can do shit to help USF, USF can do shit to help Soviets. Brits will soon be here to add to the party to.

Once upon a time when we had the King "Baneblade" Tiger and other shenanigans yeah I would say speeding up OKW teching is problematic but this ain't WFA release no more.

You also don't even attempt to address my points about number of points, rate of capture, ease of locking down, all of which aren't seen in 1v1 and all of which happen quickly in 4v4.

Actually I did. I said the number of points wasn't big enough because it's to easy to entrench on a small area quickly to lock down everything you need to win. If you want more balance in 4v4 you want more shit for the players to do not less.

Second point here, larger maps favor OKW even more because they have early forward retreat points. Case and point is Hill 331. Whereas a single retreat from Allies early game gives up both fuel points mass retreats from OKW players is common.

Yes and? Big maps are limiting for OKW because they can't be everywhere at once. If you tie yourself to your trucks you open yourself to being flanked and cut off. The reason OKW gets early forward retreat points is because their basic infantry unit (volks) is outclassed by every other basic infantry unit in the game (minus engineering units). FWP's are easy to punish especially since OKW has zero counter to artillery right now.

Finally, defensive factions are at an advantage to some degree, but it is the acceleration to the late game which makes it worthwhile. Imagine if Ost had no T4 or super heavy call ins. They could turtle all they wanted and they would lose. The extant of what in smaller game modes may be 5-10 minutes may lost more than half of the games.

Uh do you play Ostheer? They have 1 super heavy call in (which has been limited and pushed back several CP's) which is the Elefant. T4 is a massive waste of time as well. Sure Panthers are cool but Pwerfers are a literal joke and the Sturmpanzer requires retardedly large amounts of micro due to it only being able to hit things with attack ground while having some of the most horrible pathing in the game. Ostheer T3 is infinitely more effecient than T4. If you need an indirect fire unit get an LefH 105 instead of wasting time with a Werfer.

Allied units simply don't have the access to some types of units German factions have. There is no similar unit for anything bigger than a Tiger. This is not a complaint, it is an observation and means in super late game situations Germans have a huge advantage since they can use those tech options. Even 45 minutes into a game as USF I can only field Jacksons to deal with heavy armor (Fielding large numbers of jacksons is impossible for a number of reasons). Soviets may have IS2 or ISU152, but mostly likely have SU85's and SU76's. They also have access to stationary artillery, maybe, if Stuka dive bomb isn't around. Contrast when I play Germans, I have access to Panthers as stock, and a range of excellent call ins for late game slug matches.

Your are falling into the fallacy that bigger = better. Yeah the KT is huge and looks scary but it's battlefield impact is a joke compared to what a good player can pull off with some good PIV Ausf J micro with a JPIV supporting. Sure Ostheer can escalate to T4 but why would you want to do that when you have everything you need in T3. Panthers are made to fight heavy vehicles, which are now limited to 1. So why would you need Panther's when you can just as easily handle shit with some StuG III's.

And Soviets MAY have ISU or IS2? Christ most Soviets players exclusively use those commanders, I seem them all the time in every game mode. And what's wrong with SU-76's? They are insanely efficient.

The IS2 outclasses the Tiger I. You can't spam late game call in's as Axis (or anyone else) anymore so I don't know what your trying to say here because in the context of the current patch it makes no sense.

In most large games VP's are completely ignored as the game starts. These are of limited importance since you can always take one at some point and limit vp loss. Fuel is what counts. Look at Steppes. There are two vp's largely ignored as the game starts and the third is only relevant because it sits near a high fuel point.

Ignoring the top 2 VP in steps is like the number 1 tactical mistake you can make on that map. Getting the munitions points + mid fuel is much more advantageous than holding the Island.

Steppes is actually one of my favorite maps because pathfinding is good and there is flanking opportunity throughout the game.

That's my point. Why is the most sensibly designed 4v4 map so old yet since then is seems Relic has been totally unable to figure out how to replicate it's success?

Dude stop accusing me of not reading your posts it's childish as hell.
30 Jul 2015, 22:58 PM
Donator 11

In the large games I play it is always the axis panthers that eventually break my lines acting as meat shields and spearhead for infantry pushes then withdrawing with low health before rinsing and repeating wiping out some of my at gun and infantry support each time until paks can move in and finish any tanks. T3 units would be destroyed in the effort and allow my medium armour to punish the infantry.

I agree in small games t4 is an unwise choice but in my personal experience in big games the panther flood signifies the end game (literally)
30 Jul 2015, 23:20 PM

Germans don't have a resource advantage. The reason why Axis is better in 4v4 is the maps are shit.

This isn't entirely true,yes some maps are shity...but Germans have better armor and better infantry...in 1 vs 1 you can't really see that big of a difference,but late game 3 vs 3 or 4 vs 4 are nightmares for Allied players...
30 Jul 2015, 23:25 PM

Despite the car crash OP, the thread title does have some merit. OH can get a very powerful early game presence out now... too powerful imo.

They are basically one unit ahead of every other faction, after 1st tech, due to starting MP increase.
30 Jul 2015, 23:37 PM

This isn't entirely true,yes some maps are shity...but Germans have better armor and better infantry...in 1 vs 1 you can't really see that big of a difference,but late game 3 vs 3 or 4 vs 4 are nightmares for Allied players...

Uh, if German armor and infantry were just better then why do allies have good winrates in 1v1? Wouldn't that be the most clean testing ground?

The idea that Axis has better shit is true (mostly) because Axis shit tends to be more expensive.

Despite the car crash OP, the thread title does have some merit. OH can get a very powerful early game presence out now... too powerful imo.

They are basically one unit ahead of every other faction, after 1st tech, due to starting MP increase.

Soviets don't have any problems handling Ost early game early game at all. Yeah Ostheer early game is not utter shit from ass now but that doesn't make it OP. The reason why USF loses out is because USF was designed by a trickster demon.

30 Jul 2015, 23:47 PM

Just admit that you hate everything Ostheer. I assume this is the case since you keep spamming threads about how Ostheer should get nerfed.

Please, stop it :foreveralone:
30 Jul 2015, 23:51 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Jul 2015, 17:25 PMVonIvan
OH just needs some re-works on their infantry imo. :foreveralone:
Less dmg, but more armor. :foreveralone:
31 Jul 2015, 00:01 AM

Uh, if German armor and infantry were just better then why do allies have good winrates in 1v1? Wouldn't that be the most clean testing ground?

The idea that Axis has better shit is true (mostly) because Axis shit tends to be more expensive.

Yes Alex,I did point out that the differences are small in 1 vs 1 and I agree,better "shit" should cost more...I was refering to stock units(Grens being better than Cons,HMG being better than Maxim 1910) which are the same price,but combat wise perform differently...I am no top 200 player,but for me Ostheer is easier than Sov(no WFA),still factions seem more balanced than ever...
31 Jul 2015, 00:08 AM

Yes Alex,I did point out that the differences are small in 1 vs 1 and I agree,better "shit" should cost more...I was refering to stock units(Grens being better than Cons,HMG being better than Maxim 1910) which are the same price,but combat wise perform differently...I am no top 200 player,but for me Ostheer is easier than Sov(no WFA),still factions seem more balanced than ever...

Ostheer is easier because it's well designed. Soviets are getting there, WFA factions have a ways to go (although OKW is much closer than USF).

Cons beat grens at close range, maxims can reposition faster and have more durable crew. Despite something being worse than something else pure numbers wise doesn't mean that unit is objectively worse if you look at the big picture.

Honestly looking purely at stats and nothing else while avoiding context is the reason why arguments on these forums tend to get so hostile so quickly because people place more value on being correct about specific stats than grasping the larger picture. This results in an endless cycle of flame wars as people compete to win "I was right" points.
31 Jul 2015, 00:11 AM

I think I should rephrase; OKW's teching gets accelerated but will be still artificially behind the enemies. Sure OKW can't make caches on their own but there isn't anything wrong with the factions helping each other. Team games should be TEAM GAMES. Soviets can do shit to help USF, USF can do shit to help Soviets. Brits will soon be here to add to the party to.

Once upon a time when we had the King "Baneblade" Tiger and other shenanigans yeah I would say speeding up OKW teching is problematic but this ain't WFA release no more.

Actually I did. I said the number of points wasn't big enough because it's to easy to entrench on a small area quickly to lock down everything you need to win. If you want more balance in 4v4 you want more shit for the players to do not less.

Yes and? Big maps are limiting for OKW because they can't be everywhere at once. If you tie yourself to your trucks you open yourself to being flanked and cut off. The reason OKW gets early forward retreat points is because their basic infantry unit (volks) is outclassed by every other basic infantry unit in the game (minus engineering units). FWP's are easy to punish especially since OKW has zero counter to artillery right now.

Uh do you play Ostheer? They have 1 super heavy call in (which has been limited and pushed back several CP's) which is the Elefant. T4 is a massive waste of time as well. Sure Panthers are cool but Pwerfers are a literal joke and the Sturmpanzer requires retardedly large amounts of micro due to it only being able to hit things with attack ground while having some of the most horrible pathing in the game. Ostheer T3 is infinitely more effecient than T4. If you need an indirect fire unit get an LefH 105 instead of wasting time with a Werfer.

Your are falling into the fallacy that bigger = better. Yeah the KT is huge and looks scary but it's battlefield impact is a joke compared to what a good player can pull off with some good PIV Ausf J micro with a JPIV supporting. Sure Ostheer can escalate to T4 but why would you want to do that when you have everything you need in T3. Panthers are made to fight heavy vehicles, which are now limited to 1. So why would you need Panther's when you can just as easily handle shit with some StuG III's.

And Soviets MAY have ISU or IS2? Christ most Soviets players exclusively use those commanders, I seem them all the time in every game mode. And what's wrong with SU-76's? They are insanely efficient.

The IS2 outclasses the Tiger I. You can't spam late game call in's as Axis (or anyone else) anymore so I don't know what your trying to say here because in the context of the current patch it makes no sense.

Ignoring the top 2 VP in steps is like the number 1 tactical mistake you can make on that map. Getting the munitions points + mid fuel is much more advantageous than holding the Island.

That's my point. Why is the most sensibly designed 4v4 map so old yet since then is seems Relic has been totally unable to figure out how to replicate it's success?

Dude stop accusing me of not reading your posts it's childish as hell.

Alex, as you seem to have conveniently forgotten about my stats all of a sudden, I am well versed in 4v4 Wehr and OKW. Please don't tell me how to play. If you want to forgo T4 then you can expect to lose late game 4v4 matches as Osteer. If you think the Panther is useless, the Wefer has not place, the Brumbrar is lackluster, I guess I don't know what to tell you. If you don't understand how much easier it is for the Germans in the 4v4 game modes regardless of the map then I am sorry, I tried explaining it to you but you would not listen.

Good luck.
31 Jul 2015, 00:23 AM

Alex, as you seem to have conveniently forgotten about my stats all of a sudden, I am well versed in 4v4 Wehr and OKW. Please don't tell me how to play. If you want to forgo T4 then you can expect to lose late game 4v4 matches as Osteer. If you think the Panther is useless, the Wefer has not place, the Brumbrar is lackluster, I guess I don't know what to tell you. If you don't understand how much easier it is for the Germans in the 4v4 game modes regardless of the map then I am sorry, I tried explaining it to you but you would not listen.

Good luck.

Ah the "I don't have an argument so your wrong I'm right neener neener neener". Christ dude stop trying to misrepresent what I am saying.

I didn't say the Panther was useless, I said it was inefficient and that you can get more bang for your buck by just sticking to T3 and setting up some LefH's (which actually have range longer then spitting distance) for your indirect needs.

You are arrogant as hell dude, every time I try to address your arguments you just pull a "no your wrong" without giving an reason why which makes me question if you have actually played the game recently. Statements like "Late game super heavy call ins" when Ostheer has one that's limited to one.
31 Jul 2015, 01:15 AM

Soviets don't have any problems handling Ost early game early game at all. Yeah Ostheer early game is not utter shit from ass now but that doesn't make it OP. The reason why USF loses out is because USF was designed by a trickster demon.

Does not effect the math. Ost is still more or less 1 unit ahead, after both factions make their first tech building, due to manpower increase. This is a particularly bad scenario in 1v1 and small map 2v2 (crossing/kharkov).
31 Jul 2015, 01:59 AM

Does not effect the math. Ost is still more or less 1 unit ahead, after both factions make their first tech building, due to manpower increase. This is a particularly bad scenario in 1v1 and small map 2v2 (crossing/kharkov).

The (almost)1 unit ahead mechanic is make up for the fact Ostheer as to spend extra time making a building before they can head of their base and start capping and the fact Ostheer early game is very very MP intensive due to reinforcement costs.

OKW has the least starting MP of any faction (due to having the most expensive starting unit) which limits OKW's map control early game because they don't have to spend time making buildings since their trucks self assemble.

1 Aug 2015, 00:45 AM

It's the other way around; unless you are talking about your teammates.

High level players play axis a LOT more than they play allies (~roughly 4 times as many). This means that only a fraction (at most 25%) of top-tier axis games are against top-tier allied teams. The rest (75% or more) have to be played against less competent teams; because after all, for every game with axis, there has to be a game with allies. Ergo the axis have a very high win rate in 4v4. Conversely, an high-level Allied team is very likely to face a high-level axis team because there are 4 times more people of their level playing with axis; ergo the high level allied players only have ~50% winrate.

And the flip side is that you get some very poor German players in 4v4 because they are new and think it's "easier" but they really suck and quit after 5 min anyways. Whereas, the people playing Allied are generally very good and are "rising to the challenge". Against all the bad players they win easily in the early mid game before German late game armor gives them a chance, especially with AI teammates. The door swings both ways..... the glass is both half empty AND half full......
Phy
1 Aug 2015, 01:43 AM

2v2 right now Soviets are the most powerful faction by a decent margin.

Hell no. How many games you played 2vs2 as soviet this patch?
1 Aug 2015, 02:16 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Aug 2015, 01:43 AMPhy

Hell no. How many games you played 2vs2 as soviet this patch?

Several with my AT's, but Iv been focusing on improving my rank for OKW and Ost in randoms. Right now Soviets have access to very powerful artillery on top of a excellent stock army (minus 1 or 2 units). Like it's an auto win for Soviets if they are facing double OKW or OKW + Ost without a howitzer counter.

Outside of howitzers being retardly broken due to lack of counters and M5/T3 shittery I don't really think anything about Soviets is OP, strong, but not OP.
Phy
1 Aug 2015, 12:05 PM

Like it's an auto win for Soviets if they are facing double OKW or OKW + Ost without a howitzer counter.

I can agree that against double OKW they might struggle if both soviet players go arty but they still have counters in the majority of maps if they use the correct units. Against mixed team nearly 90% ost have commander with recon/dive bomb in which case arty is not a option. In that cases (or double OST) soviets are whatever but not OP or the strongest.

M5/T3 shittery I don't really think anything about Soviets is OP, strong, but not OP.

m5/t3 in 2vs2 is not as effective as in 1vs1. Opposite to 1vs1, by the time the quad hits the field, axis teams have lots of counters to it. I'm assuming, i do not play games>2vs2, in large game modes (3vs3, 4vs4) it stills the same or even worse?
Phy
1 Aug 2015, 12:07 PM

Repeat please delete.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment