Login

russian armor

Ostheer infantry

• This thread is locked
11 Jun 2013, 13:31 PM

It really need a buff, its just too weak... And conscripts get vet sooo fast just by taking dmg. PzGren are really weak against vetted rus inf except if you are in a favorable position. I dont even talk of the grenadiers ... AND THAT PPSH FOR 20 MUNI ??? SERIOUSLY
11 Jun 2013, 13:48 PM

I think, it should be lower ammo consumption.

because, it is a very big loss to lose infantry squad.

so no one use it. and retreat more fast...

but it's don't need buff. because they are just... bonus :)...
11 Jun 2013, 14:13 PM

Relic should remove vetting up by taking dmg completely.

Main problem imo is the fact: HP > Inf. Armor

HP protects from AoE attaks and flamers while Inf. armor does not, so soviet inf. benefits from 50% more Hp on their squads + better fromation, which means its much harder to lose soviet sqauds to tank main guns, artylery and mines, any AoE.

Which gives a soviet infantry a clear advantage.

It would be best if Relic would rework veterancy maybe +20hp for vet2 German infantry instead of armor buff? Longer healing time at base would balance it more + it would promote the use of the med kit. It would also make the soviet and wehrmacht vetrancy more diffrent.
11 Jun 2013, 14:30 PM
Senior Caster Badge

Maybe if HP weren't exactly the same across every single infantry dude Relic would be able to balance things better... Soviets with big squads that all have guys with the same HP as Ostheer squads = wtf.
12 Jun 2013, 10:34 AM

On the homogeneous health and lack of armor types (edit: grens & PGs have 1.5x armor): yes, they really need to change this. I've also found riflegrenades to be incredibly powerful and almost impossible to dodge efficiently.

As for the OP:

It really need a buff, its just too weak... And conscripts get vet sooo fast just by taking dmg. PzGren are really weak against vetted rus inf except if you are in a favorable position. I dont even talk of the grenadiers ... AND THAT PPSH FOR 20 MUNI ??? SERIOUSLY

You are an idiot. If you will not take time to write a decently thought out post then neither will I.
12 Jun 2013, 13:05 PM

You are an idiot. If you will not take time to write a decently thought out post then neither will I.

Are you seriously thinking you have the permission to talk to me like if we raised pigs together at the farm ?

A "decently thought post" ? Do i need to ask you before posting anything my lord ? I think you forgot that its a game forum, not UN council.

And sorry for that one and only Off-topic
12 Jun 2013, 14:16 PM

Are you seriously thinking you have the permission to talk to me like if we raised pigs together at the farm ?

A "decently thought post" ? Do i need to ask you before posting anything my lord ? I think you forgot that its a game forum, not UN council.

And sorry for that one and only Off-topic

I don't need permission to talk to you like that. As you just reminded me, this is a game forum, not the UN council.

Again you bring no valid arguments, facts or anything worth discussing other than 'soviet inf OP nerf pls/OH inf UP buff pls'.
12 Jun 2013, 14:24 PM
Benefactor 115

Grenadiers and Pgrens have armour (1.5)
12 Jun 2013, 14:28 PM

I don't need permission to talk to you like that. As you just reminded me, this is a game forum, not the UN council.

Again you bring no valid arguments, facts or anything worth discussing other than 'soviet inf OP nerf pls/OH inf UP buff pls'.

I bring valid argument as veterancy going too fast only from taking dmg. The only dmg you deal with the weak pzgren will transform into veterancy for the opponent wich is sad.

And again little arrogant and impolite stranger, i dont give you the permission to talk to me as you do, i'm not your friend, and if we're certainly not at the UN council as we can see by the level of you education, it doesn't prevent you to speak politely to strangers.

Moreover, i'm surprised that my " stupid post wich is not worth discussing " is in fact being discussed by the other people here.

I'm really surprised that you are supposed to be here a "senior referee", something wich should give you calm, respect and a bit of altitude from the debate instead of pedantry.
12 Jun 2013, 14:30 PM

I bring valid argument as veterancy going too fast only from taking dmg. The only dmg you deal with the weak pzgren will transform into veterancy for the opponent wich is sad.

And again little arrogant and impolite stranger, i dont give you the permission to talk to me as you do, i'm not your friend, and if we're certainly not at the UN council as we can see by the level of you education, it doesn't prevent you to speak politely to strangers.

Moreover, i'm surprised that my " stupid post wich is not worth discussing " is in fact being discussed by the other people here.

I'm really surprised that you are supposed to be here a "senior referee", something wich should give you calm, respect and a bit of altitude from the debate instead of pedantry.

EDIT : and if the senior referee could stop trolling off-topic i think it'll be better for this forum
EDIT 2nd : if someone could delete that double post, made a misclicking, thx.
12 Jun 2013, 16:29 PM

Your post is not being discussed (how PGs are weak against vetted russian inf), health on infantry is being discussed.

You also state 'conscripts vet sooo fast' and how horrible grens are against vetted conscripts while providing no evidence of this what so ever. have you tested conscripts vs. grens? Tested vetted conscripts vs. vetted PGs? I'm not saying your post is simply not true, but I doubt anyone has reason to change their minds about their own observations without any reasonable arguments in the OP.

I don't care about you giving me permission to talk to you btw. Feel free to ignore me.
12 Jun 2013, 17:16 PM
Patrion 27

Your post is not being discussed (how PGs are weak against vetted russian inf), health on infantry is being discussed.

You also state 'conscripts vet sooo fast' and how horrible grens are against vetted conscripts while providing no evidence of this what so ever. have you tested conscripts vs. grens? Tested vetted conscripts vs. vetted PGs? I'm not saying your post is simply not true, but I doubt anyone has reason to change their minds about their own observations without any reasonable arguments in the OP.

I don't care about you giving me permission to talk to you btw. Feel free to ignore me.

Man, you are toxic. On topic, I agree that getting veterancy from incoming fire is a little broken. I like the feature but I think it should be toned down a LOT compared to gaining vet from damaging other units.
12 Jun 2013, 18:21 PM

Man, you are toxic. On topic, I agree that getting veterancy from incoming fire is a little broken. I like the feature but I think it should be toned down a LOT compared to gaining vet from damaging other units.

+1

The goal of this topic is in fact about the overall weakness of the ostheer inf, and all its aspects. The facts are here : ostheer need at least more survivability, pzgren dont even have the time to deal their dmg to full potential
12 Jun 2013, 18:23 PM

Need more elite infantry call-ins for ostheer. Also I think grens should be 5 man instead of 4.
12 Jun 2013, 22:13 PM

You know when it's broken when you have squads jumping from vet 1 - vet 3 as soon as they see some fire...

Very irritating when that happens.
12 Jun 2013, 22:34 PM

Would be better if they could make it so that you received vet for getting shot rather than taking damage, then have the total value of vet received dialed waaaay down. This would advantage a player who kept his unit in the fight longer, rather than just getting vet for taking a shot that kills 3 out of 4 men in a squad and then retreating it.

Maybe every unit that dies should be a small loss in xp, against the accruing total. It would make more sense, given that a squad member who dies in a certain fight doesn't really carry over a whole lot of knowledge in the experience.
17 Jan 2017, 02:48 AM

I agree with OP, ostheer can definitely need a Buff.

I suggest reworking the set up time for mg's and their received accuracy as well
17 Jan 2017, 03:11 AM

I guess 5 men Gren squad would be nice,but it would need a damage rework...
From what I know Ost deals more damage to Sov, doesn't the vet balance out?
@Donnie:what is wrong with the MG set up time ?
17 Jan 2017, 03:24 AM

Damn, that's some powerful necromancy
17 Jan 2017, 05:00 AM

Damn, that's some powerful necromancy

ehm...yeaaah,just saw that lel
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

United States 133
unknown 4
Germany 3
unknown 2

Ladders Top 10