Login

russian armor

USF infantry canvas leggings

29 Jul 2015, 00:22 AM

i just subtly noticed all the infantry units of US forces are not wearing canvas leggings i wonder why i just hope when relic updates with the coming of the british forces they would make aesthetics changes to USF as well for those of you who dont know what canvas leggings are here is an example they look more cooler if they had that imo
3 Aug 2015, 01:50 AM

they probably aren't going to do that in the near future now are they?
3 Aug 2015, 02:25 AM

3 Aug 2015, 02:41 AM
3 Aug 2015, 09:35 AM
Donator 11

They're called "Gaiters" btw

Love your daily ww2 pic thread btw, fascinating stuff, but you gotta stop spamming all these threads wanting rangers/Pershing/calliope mate, this isn't vcoh
3 Aug 2015, 10:20 AM

My favorite 'BigRed1' post is the "And it's good British have that! The German units/armor are so OP and scary!".

This is his first thread that actually isn't misinformed balance spam.
3 Aug 2015, 10:44 AM
Patrion 14

invissed a wanna be funny guy !
3 Aug 2015, 11:12 AM

The USF soldiers wear gear and uniforms that were worn around the time of the BotB and beyond. The boots with gaiters the soldiers are wearing are M43 combat boots, which replaced the older combat shoes with the canvas leggings in 1943. This was part of the new combat uniform the US Army designed (the riflemen in-game wear the M1943 field jacket which was also part of this). The stuff only actually reached the troops in late 1944 though (except for the 3rd Infantry Division which was designated to test the new combat uniform in 1943, and the 82nd and 101st Airborne divisions which were fully equipped with the new combat gear).

If the USF were designed around the Battle of Normandy then you'd be right.

Honestly if Relic does make aesthetic changes I hope they give riflemen some more gear, like M1928 haversacks, a canteen, maybe a first aid packet. And field grey grenadiers of course.
3 Aug 2015, 11:44 AM
Patrion 14

I saw an interesting idea in another thread to give units slight model update as they vet up. I know it's probably too much work this late into the games' development, but I think it would be cool to see small differences like unstrapped helmets and dirtier uniforms on "veteran" troops.
3 Aug 2015, 18:06 PM

My favorite 'BigRed1' post is the "And it's good British have that! The German units/armor are so OP and scary!".

This is his first thread that actually isn't misinformed balance spam.

well we all agree to disagree but anyways...next on my aesthetic agenda list native languages cuz the actors speaking english on the german and russian side sound very corny which i will start right NOW!
3 Aug 2015, 18:08 PM

They're called "Gaiters" btw

Love your daily ww2 pic thread btw, fascinating stuff, but you gotta stop spamming all these threads wanting rangers/Pershing/calliope mate, this isn't vcoh

lets agree to disagree yes? since relic read the forums i gotta keep the posts alive in order to attract attention
3 Aug 2015, 18:42 PM

We don't need cosmetic changes for echelons, we need changes to stop rear echelon being shit.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

South Africa 2
United States 20

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment