Riflemen Tech Reduction Cost

Riflemen Cost Tied With Teching
Option Distribution Votes
28%
72%
Total votes: 18
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
26 Jul 2015, 23:22 PM

Sorry for the odd title as I was struggling to find a appropriate sentence that was to the point and short but nevertheless. One thing that USF suffers quite harshly from is Riflemen bleed late game. While they can and do the job for combat even the most skilled USF players are hard pressed to prevent heavy losses due to Axis late game damage. This is mainly due to USF Rifles being the main line infantry and brunt most of the fighting for all stages of the game. With late game already being a weakness of USF manpower bleed hurts even more.

Rather than some drastic change or another, Riflemen instead get cheaper, reinforce quicker, and (debatably) have lower popcap each tier teched. Do know these aren't the exact stats but it would go along these line. (Note: this is if someone researches all tiers and it can be done in any order except for Major for obvious reasons)

LT Tier = Cost from 28 to 26, 5% Reinforcement speed (popcap reduction from 7 to 6)
CPT Tier = Cost from 26 to 24, 10% Reinforcement speed
Major Tier = Cost from 24 to 20, 20% Reinforcement speed (popcap reduction from 6 to 5)

If someone skips a tier it would only count for LT and CPT instead of LT into Major
I.E.
LT Tier = 28 to 26, 5% Reinforce Speed
Major Tier = 26 to 24, 10% Reinforce speed

Essentially this would reduce manpower bleed quite drastically leading to USF winning attrition battles at the cost of feeding Axis EXP if not played correctly or carefully. One hand you can take the losses if you need to but too much of it will be counter productive in the long run. Tieing the reduce cost and reinforcement time means USF will delay Major longer but be rewarded with cheaper and faster replaced Riflemen as well more options considering they researched both CPT and LT. (This already adds in BAR, Bazooka, & Grenade upgrade since those are needed for USF to play effectively.) This also add an interesting new layer to USF with Riflemen becoming better merely due to being cheaper. Of course more Riflemen would mean more munitions to be spent on them to still be combat effective so too many would lead to far less upgrades, abilities, and globals. This be similar to infantry company from vCoh basically, even the supply yard.

Now the Riflemen cost changes wouldn't fix everything. USF still need a free, cheap access to smoke and Riflemen would still be countered by good MG placement and USF munitions bleed still be staggering. (But then again with more manpower RE can place more Munition caches.)

Note on Popcap reduction: The main thing that made this a maybe was that popcap reduction would have a more profound effect with manpower income in general. Consider that USF tank can be decrew for a boost in manpower and adding Riflemen popcap further increase that. It is debatable as it marks a good USF player to be constantly decrewing and recrewing tanks for manpower but there still should be some punishment for losing TOO many Rifles. On the other hand it would feed Axis plenty of EXP which should be avoided at all cost. Not mention if USF get LT, CPT, & Major the popcap from these three and manpower bleed from the first two lead to bleeding unless Riflemen screen for the Officers.

26 Jul 2015, 23:25 PM

This is an enteresting idea but i think its just far too complicated.

Simply buffing up rifleman . Make it harder to gain though. And make elite rifles just arrive only at vet 1.
26 Jul 2015, 23:31 PM

could just make a upgrade in the HQ like in CoH 1 that lowers tha Pop Cost of rifles. Make it like 300 man power, and 100 fuel and it Cuts the pop cap or rifles and Shermans by half. This will increase your manpower income be increased and let you make more men and tanks to fight the better Germans or allow your elite army to not bleed you to death.
26 Jul 2015, 23:40 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

could just make a upgrade in the HQ like in CoH 1 that lowers tha Pop Cost of rifles. Make it like 300 man power, and 100 fuel and it Cuts the pop cap or rifles and Shermans by half. This will increase your manpower income be increased and let you make more men and tanks to fight the better Germans or allow your elite army to not bleed you to death.

To be absolutely precise, in CoH1, the Supply Yard just decreased a unit's upkeep to increase your manpower cost. Pop costs remained the same.
26 Jul 2015, 23:42 PM

It would kinda encourage LMG rifle blobbing, I think USF should get better support weapons or some other type of infantry instead.
26 Jul 2015, 23:44 PM

A novel idea to scale a unit into the lategame.
As for this particular case, I have no idea whether it'd be good or too good with the proposed values.
26 Jul 2015, 23:50 PM

Permanently Banned
I think rifles should cost 260mp and given the same stats as penals, But in the late game they are on par with grens and dont drop upgrades weapons like bars and zooks

Edit: at vet 2, they should gain an extra d00d
27 Jul 2015, 00:38 AM

If only I had some modding skills I would post a tuning pack for it to test it out. I hope Relic lets people test out patches two weeks before like July 21st patch, a great idea by them. But in all honesty blobs have never been hard countered so easily before in the current rendition of CoH2. Any blob will be easily countered by MGs, AoE weapons, etc. Axis have some of the best anti-blob counters. If spam is the concern that's the main thing of USF is that Riflemen are meant to be the main force. Tip of the Spear if you will. In 1v1s and, to extent, 2v2s blobbing will result in a lost of map control.

The values themselves I haven't set, merely a example, as I'm not a balance director after all haha
But I am confused on how this is a complicated set of changes? It's merely adjusting reinforcement cost & speed. No changes to veterancy or unit stats.

Another reason I decided not to mention was it'd make Riflemen more appealing to purchase and upgrade compared to Paratroopers who would be stuck with 28 reinforcement meaning more man power bleed. Of course they perform anti-infantry better than Riflemen at all ranges when properly upgraded at the trade off having to spend major munitions at once and higher reinforcement.

Last thing, I did consider putting it in a upgrade but I think it'd be worst off considering if USF have to spend one package that would be a instant boost to Riflemen early or mid game. This change is meant to give scaling through cost effectiveness. Do note that Riflemen perform best at early and mid game engagements.

27 Jul 2015, 01:41 AM

If "offensive" stance was removed I would be 100% in favor of this idea. That's all.
27 Jul 2015, 02:17 AM

I think an HQ upgrade for like 35 fuel and 250 MP would be better.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★