Login

russian armor

So I just had a thought...

21 Jul 2015, 05:57 AM

Since the allies are getting a shiny new faction. Would it be possible to give the existing axis factions some extra doo-dads, utilities and commanders to freshen them up abit?

For instance: a pack of doctrines/commanders,giving some choice units the ability to salvage munitions from dead infantry and maybe adding the Panzer 3 and Jagdpanther to the list of units.

Because of the British expansion I have been curious about whether or not the Axis will get their own counterpart to the Brits. OKW was to the USF as the Soviets were to the Ostheer right?

As a result I think that the OKW and Ostheer could get a few extra commanders/doctrines/strategies if there will not be another axis faction.
Perhaps a pack of 12; 6 for Ostheer and 6 for OKW provided as part of the next big update or future expansion will bring new strategies to the table.

Adding a few more might bring a few perks and potentially it could be more time and cost effective compared to just building another faction from scratch. Contrary to what I've done in another post I feel giving a few more commanders/doctrines to the Axis would bring both a new sense and a breath of fresh air to each faction.
Also I was thinking that each axis faction could share resources when not being used. For example when the Ostheer has an excess of fuel that is not being used, it can be sent to an OKW player so he or she can field a couple more vehicles or a King Tiger much more quickly than usual. Same with Munitions... Since this is 3 against 2 the Axis should be able to share resources with eachother or perhaps the Allies should share resources instead...

(NOTE:I am running half-blind at the moment in regards to what is new as my computer is messed up and I am using my tab. So I beg your pardon for any displays of ignorance)

Anyways, I've been looking at old threads and people discussing potential ideas for new doctrines and factions and such.

So in some spare time (about a few hours) I have come up with some ideas of my own...most of which had been salvaged from an older idea. This is just a general premise of thoughts for some potential doctrines or commanders.

1.Mountain Troops Battlegroup (Gebirgsjagers,hazard resistance,artillery,munitions salvaging and triple stuka.)

2.Veteran Reserves Battlegroup (Veteran Units,special abilities and a battlegroup of 3 units.)

3.Hungarian Rapid Corps (Mechanized) Reserves (Fast movements, fast capping, and a tiger tank)

4.Italian Mechanized Reserves (Bersaglieri,Italian vehicles,fast units and a Semovente 105 SPG)

5.Italian Airforce Reserves (Paracadutisti/Italian paratroops and airpower spam including bombers)

6.People's Propaganda Plan (Waffen Reservists, special abilites, Propaganda, Jagdpanther)

7.Reinforcement Battlegroup (Infantry reinforce quickly, call panzer group,call hummel,get more munitions, etc)

8.Vengeance Plan (emphasis on revenge, Sturm Landser, Me262 strafe, V2 rocket, Mg can fire tracers)

9.Central Defense Plan (Loads of Defenses, Flak 88, nebelwerfer, Jagdpanther, Murderholes, heavy trenches)

10.Guerrila Defense Plan (Camoflage intensive,Sniper Ace, Nebelwerfer, very special support structure)

11.Scavenged Reserves (More Sturm Landser, Special abilities, and another more powerful structure)

12.Defense-In Depth Plan (Uber officer units, flak 88, some arty unit, pillbox/murderhole and heavy structure)

-A little detail: Sturm Landsers are intended as a replacement for OberSoldaten but have mulitple special abilities and upgrades. Squad size is 3-5 men armed with Kar98k. Upgrades include: STG44s, G43s with a snipe ability, Zealous Tactics adds grenade volley, Panzerfaust volley and grenades are dropped when retreating or dead. (I like to think of them as Sturm Jäegers)

The first special structure is a Radio outpost providing access to some support abilities including: fog of war dispertion, light arty and air support and another place to heal units. The 2nd special structure is a type of command bunker where you can utilize a couple of support powers, reinforce and heal/repair and it may even be able to field an army on its own.
Such units include:Hotchkiss tanks, Jagdpanzer 38 (t)s, Reconnaissance motorcycles, Marder Tank destroyers, 50mm AT guns, an extra infantry type, an underground tunnel system, a Bergepanzer and maybe a few other nasty surprises.

The tracer upgrade for machine guns improves the accuracy of other units so long as it is activated.
Some special abilities have infantry dig into heavy cover and camoflage themselves when standing in place or at a selected area. Others can allow you to deny the use of a sector, salvage munitions from dead infantry and reinforce structures with concrete to double or triple their durability.
What I call Murder-Holes are truely Pillboxes with 300 degrees of firing arc and 2 machine guns in a nasty little package of defensive death...

CRITICISM IS REQUIRED!
21 Jul 2015, 06:03 AM

heres a leak, goliaths are coming Kappa that is known leak so far Kappa
21 Jul 2015, 06:06 AM

Cross faction commanders
21 Jul 2015, 06:40 AM

yea, the axis definetly need something to compensate for the brit release by a bit, be it either a new axis faction, new commanders or additions to the core tech trees.
21 Jul 2015, 06:43 AM

We dont need a third german faction. Maybe some new units.
21 Jul 2015, 06:48 AM
Patrion 27

Cross faction commanders

:foreveralone: no thank you
21 Jul 2015, 06:57 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Jul 2015, 06:48 AMLumpy

:foreveralone: no thank you

Why? I'm curious
21 Jul 2015, 08:14 AM

Why? I'm curious

Such commanders would be hard to balance.
If somehow particular commander would be OP/UP for one faction, but in the same time balanced for other faction - it can't be balanced through stats tweaks, only through rework of abilities, which is additional headache for developer.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 39
unknown 6
United States 2
unknown 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %