Login

russian armor

EZ8 should have 800hp

21 Jul 2015, 13:08 PM
Patrion 14

The OKW Panther costs as much as any Soviet tank and the Ostheer Panther costs more than like 2 1/2 IS2's to even build lol.

Why do I have to keep explaining this.

Teching cost =/= unit cost.

Teching cost affects timing, and has the same effect as CPs. However, tech costs generally give you access to multiple units.

You aren't paying all those tech costs to get a Panther, you are paying those costs to get Ostheer T1,T2, T3, and T4.

You can also get more than one Panther at a time, unlike with a doctrinal Heavy.

To put this in practical terms, what you are saying would be like arguing that a Jackson squad costs 285 fu now.

Back on topic, why is the E8 having 800 HP and 160 armor OP? It will merely be less easily killed by Heavy AT, more easily killed by panzershcrecks, paks, and panzerfausts.
21 Jul 2015, 13:21 PM

This assumes a 25 fuel reduction would be the end of the world or that any cares about Ost T4 outside of the Panther. A price reduction would make the OKW Panther not get outshined by the new PIV and help make Ost T4 more attractive
21 Jul 2015, 13:25 PM
Patrion 14

This assumes a 25 fuel reduction would be the end of the world or that any cares about Ost T4 outside of the Panther. A price reduction would make the OKW Panther not get outshined by the new PIV and help make Ost T4 more attractive

No, a price reduction would make no one bother with the rest of T4 and just spam Panthers which would be overperforming per cost. Thats the worst "fix" I've ever heard.

To fix Ostheer T4 you need to make the Panzerwerfer and Brummbar units worthy of lategame investment, not give Ostheer a single unit to spam and murder all allied armor ever.

If you want the Panther to be cheaper, it has to lose many of its stats. For 20 fu more than an /85, it would utterly wreck EVERYTHING in the same price range and would not be counter-able by numbers.

Please think about what you are saying.

And can we please return to the E8? This thread is for the E8. If you want changes to the Panther, find or make a new thread plox.
21 Jul 2015, 14:44 PM

Permanently Banned
I don't agree with an armor nerf to the easy 8. Therefore I don't agree with an 800 health easy 8 because if it had 800 health then it would be way too good. at vet 2 a health bonus of +80 would work though. Bringing it up to 720. Similar to how a vet 2 panther works. The reason I dont agree with an easy 8 armor nerf is because then it wouldn't reflect how the easy 8 was a better armored sherman.
21 Jul 2015, 14:52 PM

Ratchet always gets banned Kappa
21 Jul 2015, 16:21 PM

I use the ez8, multiples of them, all the time. I do not think I want to see armor sacrificed for hp. I would much rather it be able to bounce shreks, faust, and every now and then a bigger at platform. A cost reduction is where it is at I am fine with the ez8 where it is other than it feels a bit expensive. I dont need it to go toe to toe with heavies or panthers it is a flanking tank speed and manuverbility is where it is at maybe a slight acceleration increase would be ok too. If your thinking your going to use them as a meat shield for jacksons that just isnt going to happen. Your much better to build nothing but ez8s and put them in a wolf pack to flank if your going yo go ez8 thats where they excell as a mobile strike force.

More hp might be more usefull agaisnt big paks but there easily countered and you shouldnt be bringing your ez8s anywhere in there range until there taken out. 3 of them go toe to toe with a panther if your micro is good and they own heavies in the ass on a well timed flank.
21 Jul 2015, 16:56 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Jul 2015, 12:26 PMBlalord

Are you asking a question to someone banned everyday ? xD

Well tomorrow they will be probably back again! Unless of course it is Nullist who get permabanned because he was "annoying" or something.
21 Jul 2015, 18:25 PM

Permanently Banned
Hey OP, what do you think about it now? You know, after hearing everyone's opinion..

I think, the ez8 doesnt have a role.
21 Jul 2015, 18:38 PM

I don't think this thread was ever about affecting the OPs opinion in any way, shape or form.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 44
unknown 6
Australia 4

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak