Login

russian armor

Graphics options resetting

18 Jul 2015, 16:53 PM

My CoH2 has begun forgetting its graphics options every time I launch it. It resets to almost everything on lowest. Gameplay resolution 66% etc. :(
I've begun just hitting auto-detect after I launch the game, but it's just damn annoying...
18 Jul 2015, 18:17 PM

Hi, I dunno your rig, but if you have a moderately good rig, I would suggest using this guide, and just click save, I dunno if in the file itself, my configuring the options you can just checkmark read only, dunno if that would help, second opinion anyone?
18 Jul 2015, 18:18 PM
WHO
19 Jul 2015, 16:42 PM

I had a streak of it doing the same thing. I'm not sure what caused it. I haven't played that much to know if it's fixed. Do you have multiple PCs you play on?
20 Jul 2015, 15:28 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jul 2015, 16:42 PMWHO
I had a streak of it doing the same thing. I'm not sure what caused it. I haven't played that much to know if it's fixed. Do you have multiple PCs you play on?

Nope, just this one. I believe it started happening after I installed the alpha. Also, fullscreen window mode is fubar now.
My steam launch options are
-nomovies -window -fullwindow -lockmouse -forceactive
20 Jul 2015, 15:56 PM
Patrion 15

Tried verifying the game cache?

Also, most of these settings will be stored in a text files somewhere (I think for COH2 it's configuration_system.lua in C:\Users\yourname\My Documents\My Games\Company of Heroes 2) - have you manually edited it at all, as that could corrupt it? If not you could try deleting it and then starting COH2. You'll have no settings, but it should create a clean file again and save the changes as normal.

Of course, not having done that myself I have no idea what it'll do.
WHO
20 Jul 2015, 20:51 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jul 2015, 15:28 PMQvazar

Nope, just this one. I believe it started happening after I installed the alpha. Also, fullscreen window mode is fubar now.
My steam launch options are

could be the launch options. I added several of those when I was bulletin farming. I've since removed them, and maybe that's why I'm not having the problem anymore (or it just hasn't happened again yet).
20 Jul 2015, 21:50 PM

Check if you have several tabs open in Chrome before you launch the game. Chrome takes too much RAM, and launching the game with many tabs open causes the game to detect low RAM, causing the reset. That's what I think anyway; It fixed the auto reset issue for me.
20 Jul 2015, 22:17 PM

Funny, removing -window, starting and exiting the game and then adding -window again seems to have fixed it... ?! :loco:
20 Jul 2015, 22:36 PM

That could definitely be a culprit as the difference between fullscreen and windowed mode can change what settings are actually utilized.

I was going to ask though, if you experience bugsplats or crashes that often? I know that when CoH2 crashes and settings I've changed usually aren't retained. Since I often find CoH2 to crash when I exit out, it may just not be keeping the changes.
21 Jul 2015, 06:16 AM

I rarely crash, but now that you mention it, it could all have started after a crash. Hmm.
21 Jul 2015, 06:36 AM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

I had this happening a lot while running at extremely little RAM (6GB). Now I'm running at 24GB (one of the 8GB sticks of the 32GB kit is in RMA atm.) and the graphics settings haven't resetted even once.
21 Jul 2015, 08:54 AM

I have 16GB of RAM and it only started just recently. Must've been something in the config files that got fixed when I removed -window.
4 Aug 2015, 12:33 PM

Have this problem since like yesterday, never had it before. Restarting PC fixed it. Its super random. All grapic and sound settings just reset.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 41
unknown 27
Poland 12
unknown 3
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L